Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? (1127 Views)

Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos / CULTURE :which Culture In Nigeria Has The Most Beautiful Women / Ugezu At Igbo Worldwide Festival Of Art & Culture In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? by jasa1000(f): 6:07am On May 16, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? by coolzeal(m): 6:10am On May 16, 2015
Igbo, yoruba, hausa. Technically, all the tribes in Nigeria shun the idea of disrespecting their elders.

1 Like

Re: Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? by Nobody: 7:10am On May 16, 2015
Your English is awkward@op
Re: Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2015
Some Nigerians are rude -_- the media makes them seem all nice but in most cases their not what it seems .. If your NOT Nigerian they won't even give you the chance to communicate with them or be friends... MOST of them , especially the women , give you these rude looks and are very judge mental with black African Americans . idk what it is with "Nigerians " as a people but most of the encounters ive had with Nigerians were not good.. I actually surveyed it myself to see if all Nigerians had the same attitude, on my campus, by speaking to about 8 of them ... Most of them gave me the same rude looks or asked me the same typical question " Are you Nigerian ?" And the moment i told them "No" they immediately continued back to their day all while rudely cutting off all communication with me.. And. only about 2 out of those 8 Nigerians actually spoke and interacted with me .. . . iguess that's just the way Nigerians were raised though . but it kind of hurts my feelings with the way that they treat people .. Smh not cool
Re: Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
Ashanti0522:
Some Nigerians are rude -_- the media makes them seem all nice but in most cases their not what it seems .. If your NOT Nigerian they won't even give you the chance to communicate with them or be friends... MOST of them , especially the women , give you these rude looks and are very judge mental with black African Americans . idk what it is with "Nigerians " as a people but most of the encounters ive had with Nigerians were not good.. I actually surveyed it myself to see if all Nigerians had the same attitude, on my campus, by speaking to about 8 of them ... Most of them gave me the same rude looks or asked me the same typical question " Are you Nigerian ?" And the moment i told them "No" they immediately continued back to their day all while rudely cutting off all communication with me.. And. only about 2 out of those 8 Nigerians actually spoke and interacted with me .. . . iguess that's just the way Nigerians were raised though . but it kind of hurts my feelings with the way that they treat people .. Smh not cool

The larger ethnic groups are more judgemental and stuck up.. I'm actually very close with a couple African American guys and we both have that Malcolm X Pan African ideology. Hopefully you can mingle with a Nigerian from a minority ethnic group, as we are more chill and self effacing.
Re: Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 06, 2015
aim5:

The larger ethnic groups are more judgemental and stuck up.. I'm actually very close with a couple African American guys and we both have that Malcolm X Pan African ideology. Hopefully you can mingle with a Nigerian from a minority ethnic group, as we are more chill and self effacing.

What do you mean by minority ethnic group ?
Re: Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 06, 2015
Ashanti0522:

What do you mean by minority ethnic group ?

Ethnic groups or tribes that are smaller in population.
Re: Which Culture In Nigeria Have Respect The Most? by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 06, 2015
aim5:

Ethnic groups or tribes that are smaller in population.

Oh ok .. Got you smiley

(1) (Reply)

Olorun And Alaafin: Traditions That Point To The Origin Of The Yorubas? / Amazing Story Of 4-year-old Adigun Olowe Yoruba The Proverbs Encyclopaedia / Is There Any Liberians In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.