Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop (2493 Views)

Please, Suggest A Good Laptop Between #40000 And #60000 / Urgent: Please Suggest The Cheapest Reliable Router For Wifi / Pls Help Suggest A Good Laptop Between N50000- N75000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 7:23am On May 16, 2015
Please Nairalanders, suggest some good and useful applications for my new laptop. Thanks
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 7:25am On May 16, 2015
Please don't forget to drop links ooo wink
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by ttaiwo09: 7:37am On May 16, 2015
MS Office, Adobe, Vlc, Eset antivirus, total video converter................ Link: soft82.com
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by CountDracula(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2015
ttaiwo09:
MS Office, Adobe, Vlc, Eset antivirus, total video converter................ Link: soft82.com
Eset is a horrible horrible and horrific antivirus...
AVG is 2000 times better
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 7:51am On May 16, 2015
ttaiwo09:
Thank you sir.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 7:51am On May 16, 2015
CountDracula:

Eset is a horrible horrible and horrific antivirus...
AVG is 2000 times better
Tanx bro.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by OracleMxNelson(m): 7:55am On May 16, 2015
Don't forget to create restore points... Now wey email never misbehave.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 7:56am On May 16, 2015
Please also state the uses of the applications because this is my first time of buying my personal laptop smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by Illuminatus(m): 7:56am On May 16, 2015
Microsoft Office, Windows Media Player, Jet Audio Player, Opera browser, Internet Video Downloader, Corell Draw, Simple Server, and lots of games (GTA, Zuma, Winning Eleven, Mortal Combat :-D). You can easily find these at the aforementioned site.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 7:57am On May 16, 2015
OracleMxNelson:
Don't forget to create restore points... Now wey email never misbehave.
I don't understand bro.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 7:59am On May 16, 2015
Illuminatus:
Microsoft Office, Windows Media Player, Jet Audio Player, Opera browser, Internet Video Downloader, Corell Draw, Simple Server, and lots of games (GTA, Zuma, Winning Eleven, Mortal Combat :-D). You can easily find these at the aforementioned site.
God bless you bro. Tanx a lot cool
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 9:12am On May 16, 2015
Guys please help, abeg.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by OracleMxNelson(m): 3:52pm On May 16, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I don't understand bro.

i meant to say now wey e never misbehave... just read up how to create restore points.... so should you have probs you will be able to revert back to restore points

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa378910%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 9:52pm On May 16, 2015
OracleMxNelson:

i meant to say now wey e never misbehave... just read up how to create restore points.... so should you have probs you will be able to revert back to restore points

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa378910%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
Tanx
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 9:54pm On May 16, 2015
A link to download free PC software please wink
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 9:57pm On May 16, 2015
Please which anti virus is the best for PC?
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by jmoore(m): 11:20pm On May 16, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Please which anti virus is the best for PC?
AVG
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 11:29pm On May 16, 2015
jmoore:

AVG
I have avast already installed in the laptop, what am I suppose to do now? Tanx bro.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by jmoore(m): 11:31pm On May 16, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
I have avast already installed in the laptop, what am I suppose to do now? Tanx bro.
Shut it down and sleep.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 11:37pm On May 16, 2015
jmoore:
Shut it down and sleep.
Easy, easy, easy....
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by Kavalier5(m): 11:54pm On May 17, 2015
jmoore:

Shut it down and sleep.
Lol.. avast is okay, but of you really want the AVG, you'll have tho uninstall the avast first.

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 10:33am On May 18, 2015
Kavalier5:

Lol.. avast is okay, but of you really want the AVG, you'll have tho uninstall the avast first.
Kk, tanx.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by Kavalier5(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2015
For people to suggest "interesting" applications, you really have to develop an interest for an area

Generally, you should have basic applications like :
win zip or 7zip.. Mozilla fireFox, Adobe flash, Acrobat reader, Nero, Microsoft office etc..
you can always get software CDs of these applications at any computer accessory store.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 5:11pm On May 18, 2015
Kavalier5:
For people to suggest "interesting" applications, you really have to develop an interest for an area

Generally, you should have basic applications like :
win zip or 7zip.. Mozilla fireFox, Adobe flash, Acrobat reader, Nero, Microsoft office etc..
you can always get software CDs of these applications at any computer accessory store.
I asked people to suggest interesting application for me because I don't know the applications and their functions. Please tell me the functions of some of these applications. Tanx a lot bro.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by Kavalier5(m): 5:52pm On May 18, 2015
WinZip &7zip (for extracting documents in a zipped folder)Mozilla Firefox & opera (browsers), Adobe flash( for viewing flash content & multimedia with your browser when you're online)
Acrobat reader(for reading PDF documents)
Nero (for duplicating CDs, software's,DVDs, anything)
Microsoft office(for creating, editing and viewing documents)
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 6:02pm On May 18, 2015
Kavalier5:
WinZip &7zip (for extracting documents in a zipped folder)Mozilla Firefox & opera (browsers), Adobe flash( for viewing flash content & multimedia with your browser when you're online)
Acrobat reader(for reading PDF documents)
Nero (for duplicating CDs, software's,DVDs, anything)
Microsoft office(for creating, editing and viewing documents)
Tanx a lot bro.

1 Like

Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by Kavalier5(m): 6:56pm On May 18, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Tanx a lot bro.
it's nothing.. we aim to please
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 9:22am On May 19, 2015
Kavalier5:

it's nothing.. we aim to please
Bro pls can I backup and save the applications already installed in my laptop?
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by Kavalier5(m): 12:22pm On May 19, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
Bro pls can I backup and save the applications already installed in my laptop?

always create restore points.. in case something goes wrong. For the applications.. u can always copy the raw files (that is if you don't have the software CD) into your external HD, flash or another partition of the system HD.
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 12:44pm On May 19, 2015
Kavalier5:

always create restore points.. in case something goes wrong. For the applications.. u can always copy the raw files (that is if you don't have the software CD) into your external HD, flash or another partition of the system HD.
. Someone installed some applications for me from his software CD, pls is there any way that I can save the applications as raw files in my external HD?
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by Kavalier5(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2015
AwesomeRomeo:
. Someone installed some applications for me from his software CD, pls is there any way that I can save the applications as raw files in my external HD?

I've not heard of any bro.. guess you should get the CDs and copy it
Re: Please Suggest Good and interesting Applications For My new Laptop by AwesomeRomeo: 5:19pm On May 19, 2015
Kavalier5:

I've not heard of any bro.. guess you should get the CDs and copy it
kk. Am grateful.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy Your Genuine Software & Original Antivirus / How Do I Connect My Tp-link Internet Router / How To Use Your Flash Drive As Ram [speed Up Your Slow Computer]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.