Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,332 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About (1775 Views)

No One Will Hear About My Marriage – D’banj / Top Ten Breakup Of Musical Groups In Nigerian Music Industry / Modern Day Manner In Thailand: Fish Rain In Thailand: OMG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by nolie: 8:01am On May 16, 2015
1. The Army of God
A network of violent Christianists that has been active
since the early 1980s, the Army of God openly
promotes killing abortion providers—and the long list
of terrorists who have been active in that organization
has included Paul Jennings Hill (who was executed by
lethal injection in 2003 for the 1994 killings of
abortion doctor John Britton and his bodyguard James
Barrett), John C. Salvi (who killed two receptionists
when he attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic in
Brookline, Massachusetts in 1994) and Eric Rudolph,
who is serving life in prison for his role in the
Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta in 1996 and other
terrorist acts. Rudolph, in fact, has often been exalted
as a Christian hero on the Army of God’s website, as
have fellow Army of God members such as Scott
Roeder (who is serving life without parole for
murdering Wichita, Kansas-based abortion doctor
George Tiller in 2009), Shelley Shannon (who
attempted to kill Tiller in 2003) and Michael
Frederick Griffin (who is serving a life sentence for
the 1993 killing of Dr. David Gunn, an OB-GYN, in
Pensacola, Florida).
Although primarily an anti-abortion organization, the
Army of God also has a history of promoting violence
against gays. And one of the terrorist acts that
Rudolph confessed to was bombing a lesbian bar in
Atlanta in 1997.
2. Eastern Lightning, a.k.a. the Church of the
Almighty God
Founded in Henan Province, China in 1990, Eastern
Lightning (also known as the Church of the Almighty
God or the Church of the Gospel’s Kingdom) is a
Christianist cult with an end-time/apocalypse focus:
Eastern Lightning believes that the world is coming to
an end, and in the meantime, its duty is to slay as
many demons as possible. While most Christianists
have an extremely patriarchal viewpoint (much like
their Islamist counterparts) and consider women
inferior to men, Eastern Lightning believe that Jesus
Christ will return to Earth in the form of a Chinese
woman. But they are quite capable of violence
against women: in May 2014, for example, members
of the cult beat a 37-year-old woman named Wu
Shuoyan to death in a McDonalds in Zhaoyuan, China
when she refused to

Read more www.newsgoogle.net/2015/05/6-modern-day-christian-terrorist-groups.html

Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by loomer: 8:03am On May 16, 2015
So?
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by frodobee: 8:04am On May 16, 2015
E don finish?
My brother tell your brothers searching for virgins that unreformed 1slam is not a religion of peace but piss and pieces. We are tired of their wars and rape of peace.

1 Like

Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by nolie: 8:20am On May 16, 2015
frodobee:
E don finish?
My brother tell your brothers searching for virgins that unreformed 1slam is not a religion of peace but piss and pieces. We are tired of their wars and rape of peace.
true talk

1 Like

Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by Khd95(m): 8:24am On May 16, 2015
Had it been al-qaeda,isis,tuareg group bh nd other terrorist groups were mentioned dos pple above me would ve posted somtin differnt like'islam killing innocent pple since 600AD' nd d likes

bt because of religion sentiment dy blindly commented....
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by nolie: 8:26am On May 16, 2015
Khd95:
Had it been al-qaeda,isis,tuareg group bh nd other terrorist groups were mentioned dos pple above me would ve posted somtin differnt like'islam killing innocent pple since 600AD' nd d likes

I don't dislike no religion tho
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by Acekidc4(m): 8:30am On May 16, 2015
@Op are you Sure??
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by sarmiie(m): 8:35am On May 16, 2015
Shows you the power of the human mind......
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by Nobody: 8:43am On May 16, 2015
Compare the "Christian terror Groups" and "Islamic Terror Groups" and you'll find out that one Religious terror groups hasn't wasted thousands of human lives as compared to the other in their quest for supremacy..
This shouldn't even be a topic of comparison or debate

All the same, I strongly condemn all terror groups and their plight

1 Like

Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by jcross19: 8:57am On May 16, 2015
Khd95:

al-nusra,boko haram,alqaida,isis,alshabab,taliban , al mujahedeen and many more ,please are they christians or pastor since I was born even till now I have never see a video showing pastor commanding other brothers of thesame to equip themselves with ammunitions why always muslims? Have you see any terrorist after he killed and started shouting jesus is lord? Why always allahu akbr. Think and repent.

1 Like

Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by Khd95(m): 9:06am On May 16, 2015
jcross19:
al-nusra,boko haram,alqaida,isis,alshabab,taliban , al mujahedeen and many more ,please are they christians or pastor since I was born even till now I have never see a video showing pastor commanding other brothers of thesame to equip themselves with ammunitions why always muslims? Have you see any terrorist after he killed and started shouting jesus is lord? Why always allahu akbr. Think and repent.
shoro niyen...

Wen pastors join homosexuals 2geda do dy shout praise d lord or do dy nt quote frm d bible...
I am still waiting for som1 2 quote d quran dat justifies d act of dos terrorists bt no..cos d quran condemn such act..

Its u who nid 2 rethink nd change. On d following bases

1-was jesus a christian,so y r u a christian...answer dis question within ur sef

2-do u follow jesus or saint paul.

1 Like

Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by nolie: 3:07pm On May 16, 2015
Khd95:

shoro niyen...

Wen pastors join homosexuals 2geda do dy shout praise d lord or do dy nt quote frm d bible...
I am still waiting for som1 2 quote d quran dat justifies d act of dos terrorists bt no..cos d quran condemn such act..

1-was jesus a christian,so y r u a christian...answer dis question within ur sef

hmm
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by JAHseal: 7:48pm On May 16, 2015
Khd95:

shoro niyen...

Mallam, even if JESUS was an atheist, He atheism was a million times beneficial 2 mankind than a million "godly" mohammeds whose messages were antithetical 2 d survival & corporate existence of d human family. Brother, d qur'an is replete wit texts detailing d "piusness" inherent in "jihad", which literally means "kill dem, wherever u find dem". #peacefulWORLD!
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by Khd95(m): 8:24pm On May 16, 2015
JAHseal:

Mallam, even if JESUS was an atheist, He atheism was a million times beneficial 2 mankind than a million "godly" mohammeds whose messages were antithetical 2 d survival & corporate existence of d human family. Brother, d qur'an is replete wit texts detailing d "piusness" inherent in "jihad", which literally means "kill dem, wherever u find dem". #peacefulWORLD!
if dats wot quran means then i ges u would ve been dead by nw or housed in a refugee camp.bt none of dis desdcibe ur current state of wellbeing so ur assertion is very wrong mr grin grin grin grin grin...

1 Like

Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by princejayboss: 11:04pm On May 16, 2015
frodobee:
E don finish?

A zillion likes for you my brother

1 Like

Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by princejayboss: 11:31pm On May 16, 2015
Khd95:

shoro niyen...

What do you mean by where Qur'an said about terrorism?.....

Do you ever wished it used the context "terrorists"....

When it had over 109 verses that promote killing for the drunk rapist Mohamed.... Bro I have Islamic study in medina and in Jerusalem during my industrial design with IDF.... See some verses

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The verse prior to this (190) refers to "fighting for the cause of Allah those who fight you" leading some to believe that the entire passage refers to a defensive war in which Muslims are defending their homes and families. The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, however, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). Verse 190 thus means to fight those who offer resistance to Allah's rule (ie. Muslim conquest). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is disingenuous (the actual Arabic words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The word used instead, "fitna", can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. This is certainly what is meant in this context since the violence is explicitly commissioned "until religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Don't forget ... The slogan... Where is Allah's paradise .... It's in shadows of the swords.

Stop the nonsense... You know what your religion teachings and you know they are bad ......
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by nolie: 9:26am On May 19, 2015
princejayboss:

What do you mean by where Qur'an said about terrorism?.....

Do you ever wished it used the context "terrorists"....

When it had over 109 verses that promote killing for the drunk rapist Mohamed.... Bro I have Islamic study in medina and in Jerusalem during my industrial design with IDF.... See some verses

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)" (Translation is from the Noble Quran) The verse prior to this (190) refers to "fighting for the cause of Allah those who fight you" leading some to believe that the entire passage refers to a defensive war in which Muslims are defending their homes and families. The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, however, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). Verse 190 thus means to fight those who offer resistance to Allah's rule (ie. Muslim conquest). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is disingenuous (the actual Arabic words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The word used instead, "fitna", can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. This is certainly what is meant in this context since the violence is explicitly commissioned "until religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Don't forget ... The slogan... Where is Allah's paradise .... It's in shadows of the swords.

Stop the nonsense... You know what your religion teachings and you know they are bad ......
kk o
Re: 6 Modern-day Christian Terrorist Groups You Never Hear About by nolie: 11:27pm On May 21, 2015
frodobee:
E don finish?
they too get wahala

(1) (Reply)

Okocha Make Us Disobey Our Coach - Diouf / Wizkid Says He Wants To Have Sex With American Rapper Dej Loaf / Munachi Abii Keeps Younger Thru Lots Of Sex From Younger Lover!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.