Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Seven Cures For A Lean Purse - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Seven Cures For A Lean Purse (1287 Views)

Join And Get Paid Within Three To Seven Days / Grow Your Purse In This Difficult Time. / The First Cure To A Lean Purse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Cures For A Lean Purse by jearile(m): 1:03pm On May 16, 2015
Readers are leaders. But to be an outstanding leader, one must be a practical reader.
Below is excerpt from the book, The Richest Man in Babylon, authored by George S. Clason.

Money is the medium by which earthly success is measured.
A man's wealth is not in the purse he carries. A fat purse quickly empties if there be no golden stream to refill it.
Reason why we have never found any measure of wealth, is because we never sought it.
I desired wealth but if I was to achieve what I desired, time and study would be required. As for study, learning is of two kinds: the one kind being the things we learned and knew, and the other being the training that taught us how to find out what we did not know. As for time, every man have it in abundance.
I found the road to wealth when I decided that a part of all I earned was mine to keep.
Seven (7) Cures for a Lean Purse
1. Start thy purse to fattening
At least one-tenth of your earnings is yours to keep for savings.
2. Control thy expenditures
Live and budget within the other percentages left from your earning. On no account should you touch your savings in order to gratify thy wants.
3. Make thy money multiply
Invest wisely from thy savings to reproduce after it kind by producing children and grandchildren via that same source.
4. Guard thy money from loss
The first sound principle of investment is security of thy principal.
5. Make of thy dwelling a profitable investment
Own thy own home. And greatly will it reduce cost of living, making available more earnings for pleasures and gratification of your desires.
6. Insure a future income
A man may buy houses or lands for this purpose. If wisely chosen as to their usefulness and value in the future, they are permanent in their value and their earnings or their sale will provide well for his purpose.
7. Increase thy ability to earn
Preceding accomplishment must be desire. Thy desire must be strong and definite. As a man perfect himself in his calling even so does his ability to earn increase.

Good luck waits to come to that man who accepts opportunity. To attract good luck to oneself, it is necessary to take advantage of opportunities. Men of action are favoured.
Without wisdom, money is quickly lost by those who have it, but with wisdom, money can be secured by those who have it not.
Wealth that comes quickly goes that same way. Wealth that stays to give enjoyment and satisfaction to its owners comes gradually, because it is a child born of knowledge and persistent purpose.
To earn wealth is but a slight burden upon the thoughtful man. Bearing the burden consistently from year to year accomplishes the final purpose.
The man who seeks the advice of men wise in handling money soon learns not to jeopardise his treasure, but to preserve in safety and enjoy in contentment its consistent increase.
If you desire to help thy friend, do so in a way that will not bring thy friend's burdens upon thyself - the oxen and ass tale.
Better a little caution than a great regret.
He who spends more than he earns is sowing the winds of needless self-indulgence from which he is sure to reap the whirlwinds of trouble and humiliation.
THE SUCCESS SECRETS OF THE ANCIENTS - AN ASSURED ROAD TO HAPPINESS AND PROSPERITY
Re: Seven Cures For A Lean Purse by millionboi(m): 5:19pm On May 16, 2015
Nice1....moderator do d needful.
Re: Seven Cures For A Lean Purse by o42austino(m): 8:36pm On May 17, 2015
I bought that book 12years Ago and it's still in where I keep book, I read it every year to make sure that the message and the wisdom of ancient city of Babylon is is with me in this present day.

I don't joke with that book and books like the millionaire next door, Rich dad poor dad, Awakening the giant within by Anthony Robinson, Talent is never enough, the power of positive thinking and soooo many others.
Re: Seven Cures For A Lean Purse by jearile(m): 9:51pm On May 18, 2015
o42austino:
I bought that book 12years Ago and it's still in where I keep book, I read it every year to make sure that the message and the wisdom of ancient city of Babylon is is with me in this present day.

I don't joke with that book and books like the millionaire next door, Rich dad poor dad, Awakening the giant within by Anthony Robinson, Talent is never enough, the power of positive thinking and soooo many others.
Wow! quite interesting... To be informed is to be reformed
Re: Seven Cures For A Lean Purse by Azumagcc(m): 11:36pm On May 18, 2015
Richest man in Babylon!

(1) (Reply)

Newly Launched Money Scheme / E-HELPERS Another PONZI SCHEME, That Is On Fire / Paga Agent (Retailer) Needed !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.