Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer (1065 Views)

Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free / When Last Did You Say The Hail Mary As A Christian / Most Churches Don't Collect Offering In Other Forms Apart From Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Hiploko(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2015
I have been wondering why this is so. Is it because of the dislike/unhealthy competition they have for a catholic church or for a Cherubim and seraphim church that say it often. Afterall, Christ himself advised we pray like that... Just thinking aloud
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by DahtzFestjayz: 7:43pm On May 16, 2015
Rich men churches
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 16, 2015
Op your guess is as good as mine.

They believe that Our Lord's prayer depicts orthodoxy which on a contrary Our Lord's prayer suppose to be a unifying factor for all Christian church.

I look forward to a day when the prayers of Our Lord Jesus Christ will come to pass which is Father I prayed that they (christians) should as we are.
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 16, 2015
Op your guess is as good as mine.

They believe that Our Lord's prayer depicts orthodoxy which on a contrary Our Lord's prayer suppose to be a unifying factor for all Christian church.

I look forward to a day when the prayers of Our Lord Jesus Christ will come to pass which is Father I prayed that they (christians) should as we are.

Glory to Jesus!
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 16, 2015
hmmmmn?...
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Hiploko(m): 8:35pm On May 16, 2015
A shocking and strange truth
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Scholar8200(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2015
The Lord's prayer was given as a guide, not something to be recited or said by rote. Hence, you dont see either Jesus or the disciples or even the early church(see a sample prayer in Acts 4) reciting the Lord's prayer. Luke goes further to show us an example given by Christ in Luke 11 to underscore the need for specific petitions, absence of vain repetition sans heart or interest, definite faith that wont be denied and a willingness to wait till you are heard. Infact, the way some say the Lord's prayer, it becomes vain repetition because there's neither faith nor heart in it.
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Hiploko(m): 8:49pm On May 17, 2015
How come we recite the grace and part of ps 23(surely goodness and mercy)? These I just mentioned came from man and is recited often. Why are they not a guide? I am curious because human ego and jealousy might be responsible for new generation churches refusing to say it since catholics and Cherubim nd seraphim recite it.I knw white garment churches started d use of holy oil and water. There is also this sone in ibo that sings thus*ndi cherubim ndi aka mkpu mkpu, akuwalahu band o, odighi nkem n'eje* Now, all most all new generation churches use same oil and water but only changed d name to anointing water or oil and also play more band than the orthodox churches. My point is this, let us seperate *ego* from worship.
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Joagbaje(m): 5:48am On May 18, 2015
Hiploko:
I have been wondering why this is so. Is it because of the dislike/unhealthy competition they have for a catholic church or for a Cherubim and seraphim church that say it often. Afterall, Christ himself advised we pray like that... Just thinking aloud

That' was given before the church was born and before the Holy Spirit came . Now we pray in the spirit and by the spirit . They didn't recite so called " Lord's Prayer " on Pentecost day.

John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Hiploko(m): 7:15am On May 18, 2015
Christ would have told us that his suggested prayer will stop @ the appearance of the Holy Spirit
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Scholar8200(m): 8:26am On May 18, 2015
Hiploko:
How come we recite the grace and part of ps 23(surely goodness and mercy)? These I just mentioned came from man and is recited often. Why are they not a guide? I am curious because human ego and jealousy might be responsible for new generation churches refusing to say it since catholics and Cherubim nd seraphim recite it.I knw white garment churches started d use of holy oil and water. There is also this sone in ibo that sings thus*ndi cherubim ndi aka mkpu mkpu, akuwalahu band o, odighi nkem n'eje* Now, all most all new generation churches use same oil and water but only changed d name to anointing water or oil and also play more band than the orthodox churches. My point is this, let us seperate *ego* from worship.
The highlighted does not apply to all assemblies like you also noted. In any case,it is not a sin for those who do, neither is it a sin for those who dont.
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Joagbaje(m): 8:33am On May 18, 2015
Hiploko:
Christ would have told us that his suggested prayer will stop @ the appearance of the Holy Spirit

Worshiping the father in spirit as I quoted above is enough indication of an incoming CHange through the holyghost who will Guide the church to truth . We pray in the spirit and by the spirit now . Not recitation

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth,

Romans 8:26
-- Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Jude 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Hiploko(m): 6:41pm On May 18, 2015
How come the outpouring of the spirit stopped recitation introduced by God himself and didn't stop the ritual of tithes?
Re: Most New Generation Churches Don't Say The Lord's Prayer by Joagbaje(m): 8:17pm On May 18, 2015
Hiploko:
How come the outpouring of the spirit stopped recitation introduced by God himself and didn't stop the ritual of tithes?

Because tithes is a principle in Gods kingdom. As well as prayer,fasting ,almsgiving etc

(1) (Reply)

The True Mark Of The Beast / Did You Know That Truly Holy Christians Never Decay After Death?(video) / Hell Is Real (scientific Proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.