Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

What Kind Of App Can I Creat With Javafx? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Kind Of App Can I Creat With Javafx? (887 Views)

Developing Enterprise Application With Javafx / Porting Javafx Application To Android [tutorial] / What Kinds Of App Cn Be Built With Android Studio Software? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of App Can I Creat With Javafx? by emmanuelatas(m): 5:09am On May 17, 2015
Hello Nairalanders please I am bit confuse about the lavafx. I WILL LIKe TO know the kind of apps I can develop with lavafx. Thanks
Re: What Kind Of App Can I Creat With Javafx? by kudaisi(m): 11:28am On May 17, 2015
You can use JavaFX for all the kind of apps you can create with Java Swings but with the advantages that JavaFX brings to bear:
1. JavaFX provides a cleaner architectural structure compared to Swings.
2. Instead of Layout managers in swings JavaFX uses nodes giving you a upper hand in laying out your UI components.
3. JavaFX has improved events handling.
4. JavaFX has support for Properties, hence much easier to trigger UI events when a property changes.
5. it much more easier to build custom controls with JavaFX.
6. JavaFX is skinnable with it's support for css.
7. It has special effects.
8. It has support for animations.
9. It enables a app-like installation on the client side, without any prerequisites.
10. It provides the possibility of developing up-to-date user interfaces with animations, multitouch, and the like.
11. It's simpler to create sleek professional looking apps like this compared to swings.
12. JavaFX is a successor to Swing, there every possibility that swing might be faced off eventually (but, who knows when ?)
13. JavaFX is the equivalent of Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)

The source code for the above app is made available at http://www.captaincasa.com/ for educational purpose.
Re: What Kind Of App Can I Creat With Javafx? by emmanuelatas(m): 7:23pm On May 17, 2015
Thanks very much Kudaisi. Just this question. (1) On which device can my javafx app run on.? (2) Can I develope a ".apk, .exe, .jar" app with javafx?
Re: What Kind Of App Can I Creat With Javafx? by kudaisi(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2015
Porting for android is possible (and ongoing) but not necessary. I advice to restrict yourself to only using JavaFX where you would use Swing app (i.e Desktops...jar, exe or web applets..)

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Awsome Design For Sale@n5,000 Only / Help Out / Alibaba Script For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.