Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? (567 Views)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / Catholic Bishops Donate N10million To Nimbo Victims Of Fulani Herdsmen Attacks / Is It Robbing God To Tithe On Your After-tax (not Gross) Income? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by ikorodureporta: 12:52pm On May 17, 2015
Talk true...
Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by eagleae7(m): 1:01pm On May 17, 2015
Y not think of having 90mil 2 urself
10mil is just but a fraction of 100mil
Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by nonjebose(m): 1:19pm On May 17, 2015
I will give 50 million on 500 million naira sef. Kini big deal. The 90% left is okay
Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by IfyAwazie(f): 1:41pm On May 17, 2015
Waooo YES and i'll even give offering join.cheesy
Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by menix(m): 1:49pm On May 17, 2015
I am very sure of paying 20 millions sef..
As long as picking money on the road nah profit too..
Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by dajoaneke(m): 1:51pm On May 17, 2015
Tithing is not compulsary like it was in the old testament. The bible specifically directed the "Isrealites" to tithe with the Levites. Are the men of God we see in the gentile world from the tribe of Levi? Moreso, just as Levites are the priests n high priests of the isrealites, Christ has become our high priest so that as he is, so are we. I am a high priest. I will eat my tithe live! No shaking!.
please see
Hebrews 7:5 ESV
And those descendants of Levi who receive the priestly office have a commandment in the law to take tithes from the people, that is, from their brothers, though these also are descended from Abraham
Hebrews 7:1-28
Luke 11:42 ESV /
“But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
2 Corinthians 8:1-24 ESV
We want you to know, brothers, about the grace of God that has been given among the churches of Macedonia, for in a severe test of affliction, their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own accord, begging us earnestly for the favor of taking part in the relief of the saints— and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us. ...
Jesus did not come to abolish the law. So tithe still belongs to levites
Matthew 5:17-20 ESV
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by mekaboy(m): 2:50pm On May 17, 2015
its easier to give 100m out of 1billion as tithe than giving 1k out of 10k.

1 Like

Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by yorex2011: 3:22pm On May 17, 2015
mekaboy:
its easier to give 100m out of 1billion as tithe than giving 1k out of 10k.
Took the words right out of my mouth
Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by ikorodureporta: 5:23pm On May 17, 2015
I wnt like any M.O.G. to mismanage my funds, th4 i'l use it directly to help others...
Re: Would You Give A N10million Tithe On N100million Profit? by Vikkie14: 7:24pm On May 17, 2015
Why not?
I still have 90mil to myself afterall, God is the one who makes me profit.
There's no one that does business with God and lose.
If i dnt pay the tithe, God may take away the remaining money by sickness or affliction. God hates unfaithfulness.

(1) (Reply)

Ratings Of Muslims Rise In France After Charlie Hebdo. / For Healthy Ramadan, Eat More Of Fruits / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 18/07/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.