Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code (1445 Views)

Who Writes The Job Specifications In Nigerian I.T Firms? / Who Writes In Basic? (2) (3) (4)

Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by quadrillio(m): 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2009
A nine-year-old Malaysian boy in Singapore has written a painting application for the Apple iPhone.

Lim Ding Wen created the finger painting program, known as Doodle Kids, for his two younger sisters aged three and five.

The program allows iPhone owners to draw images on the handset's touch screen using just their fingers.

The program has been downloaded more than 4,000 times from Apple's iTunes store in less than two weeks.

While most children of his age are painting or drawing with crayons, Lim Ding Wen has been programming.

Lim, who is now fluent in six programming languages, first started using a computer when he was two-years-old, discovered programming aged seven, and has since completed more than 20 programming projects.

His latest application, Doodle Kids, allows users to draw pictures using their fingers and then clear the screen by shaking the iPhone.

"I wrote the program for my younger sisters, who like to draw," said Lim. "But I am happy that people like it."

Lim wrote the original application on his computer but has now adapted it for use on an iPhone.

He told The Electric New Paper in Singapore that he wrote the application in just a few days in Pascal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7874291.stm
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by nitation(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
I read this earlier today. In fact it intrigues me. Thats great HEY!
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by paule: 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2009
This is unbelievable and incredible. Asian are the next people to watch in the next generation. Nigerian how far? Can a 20yr old student write a program in command prompt or textpad. Final yr project are contracted, our profs and lectures in IT courses can't write a simple code in recent programming language
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by yawatide(f): 3:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
paule,

so r u saying that the Nigerian 12 yr old who owns his own blog and the 9 year old (or whatever age he is) who passed SCJP exam aren't good enough for you? tongue
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by fatezy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2009
Wonder how many primary school students can actually use word in 9ja? Bt on a brighter note its not all that gloom. We have a 12 year old java master
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by paule: 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2009
yawa-ti-de: Do you know the diff btw 12yr and 9yr old guy. The 9ja boy is good quite alright but how did he pass the exam (he must have used PASS4SURE).
I mean the 9yr old guy is too good. He even uses pascal, how many programmer use pascal these days?

fatezy: You are talking sense. We are saying the same thing

'you cannot give what you don't have'
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by nitation(m): 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2009
The fact remains that this Asian peeps has almost everything in place to carry out their practicals. NLanders please answer this, who in this town is gonna buy an Iphone of N200k for his/her daughter to experiment.

No infrastructure to carry out our stuff. Na so so theories!!!

my 2~cent
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by quadrillio(m): 10:32am On Feb 11, 2009
even I can only afford to buy my boy a laptop at the of six,

but if I have the money, I will surely give my child the best.

nitation:

The fact remains that this Asian peeps has almost everything in place to carry out their practicals. NLanders please answer this, who in this town is gonna buy an[b] Iphone of N200k [/b]for his/her daughter to experiment.

No infrastructure to carry out our stuff. Na so so theories!!!

@ nitation, I just bought an Iphone for 65k, and not 200k HABA
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by nitation(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2009
Iphone 2g or 3g brov Cos for here na like {Rand10,000} for the latest 3g Iphone!
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by Nobody: 3:01am On Feb 13, 2009
@quadrillo - that your iphone - is it 3g or 1g?
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by nitation(m): 10:19am On Feb 13, 2009
Thank you oooo DHTML
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by raldsfield(m): 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2009
You guys forget the fact that the 9 years old was just playing around just trying to do something for his younger ones. It is simply passionate.
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by quadrillio(m): 2:08pm On Feb 16, 2009
1g or 3g
the koko be say I get Iphone, and if I want to experiment any application I can always do that

ABI NO BE SO!!! even if na 1/2 G grin
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by coolgenius: 12:48am On Feb 18, 2009
You can find iphones on sale at bestbuy.com for $150 USD or other US websites and have Pretty Logical ship it to you for cheap.

www.prettylogical.com

No longer do we have to paid for overpriced , dont-know-where-it-really-came-from electronics in Nigeria!!! They only charge $3.15 per pound to deliver to Nigeria plus any customs fees. They will deliver to any door in Nigeria.
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by coolgenius: 12:56am On Feb 18, 2009
by the way thats,

23K naira before shipping!!!!
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by coolgenius: 12:58am On Feb 18, 2009
the boy has made over $600,000 before you know it, he'll make a million dollars!!!!

I'm trying to think of a program to right for the iphone. My other problem is I have little free time!!!! sad
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by obitriz: 2:30am On Feb 18, 2009
paule ,

U said it right. Our local content is bad. Even the Nigerian Profs that have baged so many degrees in programming don't want to improve on their acquired knowledge. The world keeps spinning, Nigeria why are we running backwards! angry
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by nitation(m): 7:37am On Feb 18, 2009
"Downright stubbornness" as a friend of mine would say. Who are you to tell me what to do? etcetera.
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by paule: 6:59am On Feb 27, 2009
Obitriz, thanks lets make 9ja a better place
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by Nobody: 6:44am On Mar 03, 2009
Hi Y'all, @nitation, great post. @quadrillo, are u sure that your 1/2 G phone will not crash when it sees some codes?? Really missed some of you guyz.
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by quadrillio(m): 9:42am On Mar 04, 2009
@dhtml
of course, my Iphone is working perfectly.
Re: Nine-year-old Writes Iphone Code by belod4me(m): 10:12am On Mar 08, 2009
Environment has great impact to play when it comes to development, Lim has been able to use his environment, judiciously. Money,parents have great influence in their children success. How much has Nigerian government allocated for research in time past even now?. the fact of the matter is that lim is a[b] prodigy[/b].

Please Programmars Help Me Out With This C# Program! I Have Test Tommorrow!!!!! / I Need A Work Solution On Pythons Question Attached Here. / When You Get Error When Compiling Your Project How Do You Feel