Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

How true? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How true? (722 Views)

Rev Father Mbaka Recharge Card: How True Is The Story? / Every Church-Goer Is Automatically A Child Of God. How True Is This Statement? / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How true? by Vikkie14: 6:10pm On May 17, 2015
How true ix it?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How true? by Vikkie14: 6:14pm On May 17, 2015
The Church Standard on Marriage is a great one for those who value having a Godly Family.
Re: How true? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 17, 2015
Ahh, but the "requirements" listed above now has made it so frightening impossible to seek a deeper life partner. I attend Deeper life though.

By the way are you really from pluto?
Re: How true? by Vikkie14: 6:42pm On May 17, 2015
dovelike:
Ahh, but the "requirements" listed above now has made it so frightening impossible to seek a deeper life partner. I attend Deeper life though.

By the way are you really from pluto?
there isn't a single frightening thing

Lol... That's a question for another day ma'am.
Re: How true? by franconian: 6:47pm On May 17, 2015
Humans, complicating matters for themselves in the name of religions!
Re: How true? by paxonel(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2015
Deeper life has change now. they can now marry from any denomination or even Muslims
Re: How true? by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 17, 2015
Rubbish. Get your facts right.
Re: How true? by Vikkie14: 7:03pm On May 17, 2015
franconian:
Humans, complicating matters for themselves in the name of religions!
"Beta soup, na money kill am". You do greatly err. Praying, seeking God's face to know one's LIFE partner and following Church(es) lay down rule and guidances are ways to AVERT "complicating matters" in their life journey. Religion isn't complicating matter here as the couples are of same belief.
As much as Religion is a tool to "gather", so also it's been used as a tool to "scatter".

The inventor of AK47 rifle have a good intention of making the weapon a "peace maker" but today, it had killed more people than any weapon had ever achieved.
So, the angle at which you view religion is a determining factor in your assessment.

Cc: oga Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: How true? by dyabman(m): 7:24pm On May 17, 2015
Getting married outside deeper life self dey scare me sometimes , any girl wey i see must visit my pastor/coordinator for prayers and counselling but if she no gree nko ? angry
Re: How true? by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 17, 2015
Vikkie14:
there isn't a single frightening thing up there. It's highly required that the Scripture injunctions should be followed to avert any future regret. The summary of that is that, Both Church must be aware of such intending partners. After the churches consent, then both can go on courtship with advise and meeting with the church marriage committee.

If anyone finds those requirements "frightening", then such should examines his/her life.

Lol... That's a question for another day ma'am.
What if the deeper lifers think you are not Godly enough to marry their own?
Re: How true? by franconian: 10:00pm On May 17, 2015
Vikkie14:
"Beta soup, na money kill am". You do greatly err. Praying, seeking God's face to know one's LIFE partner and following Church(es) lay down rule and guidances are ways to AVERT "complicating matters" in their life journey. Religion isn't complicating matter here as the couples are of same belief.
As much as Religion is a tool to "gather", so also it's been used as a tool to "scatter".

The inventor of AK47 rifle have a good intention of making the weapon a "peace maker" but today, it had killed more people than any weapon had ever achieved
So, the angle at which you view religion is a determining factor in your assessment.

Cc: oga Seun
Lalasticlala

Alfred Nobel and his explosives come to mind. With his invention, he has killed much more than he can ever save. No wonder he was called "the merchant of death". But I feel those who called him that were very unfair to him considering that inventor(s) of religion has killed much more than Alfred Nobel's explosives.

It is common sense that something is considered useless if its disadvantage out ways its advantages.
I wouldn't put the damages done to humanity so far by AK47 and that of religion on the same scale...religion has done far worse!

If I may ask, of what good is a good intention if "it kills more than any other weapon"? You would agree with me that religion is one of such "good intentions".

Take a moment; picture humanity without the AK47s, without religion.

You see, just like AK47, the whole world would have been a better place without religion.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Born Again Christian Enroll For The Bvn? / I Never Knew The Marvelous Power Of Jesus Until Now / Whoever Exults Himself Will Be Humbled, Whoever Humbles Himself Will Be Exulted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.