Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Home Of Short Tales - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Home Of Short Tales (1046 Views)

Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo / Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears / Borno: Home Of Boko Boys (2) (3) (4)

Home Of Short Tales by hfinest1(m): 6:39pm On May 17, 2015
lets do it like this.. if u have a short tale you'll like to share.... funny, romantic, action adventure, whatever just a once n for all tale.... lets keep here lively n share... the reason is some ppl just wanna read a cool short story after the day's work n not all dis long episode-by-episode stories we hav on nl.... so I'm inviting y'all to come in

RAN(Readers Association of Nairaland)
eniqurl
hurklan
liljboy
pinkycute
lala247
marieolae
orijij101
nneka123
cherrybrown
ritababe
iceberylin
YINKS98
etc...

Writers Association of Nairaland
pastoraji
dioxidane
referee
onihaxy
tunery004
hfinest1
etc....

sorry if I didn't mention your name and you belong to any of d associations above and those I mentioned, share dis so ur followers know there's something going on here

and readers/writers, encourage the writers with your likes, shares and comments... Thanks y'all I believe this is a good innitiative
Re: Home Of Short Tales by hfinest1(m): 6:40pm On May 17, 2015
let me set the ball rolling with a story

story title: Priority mislpaced

I had just gotten into the great Yaba College of Technology to study Science Laboratory Technology. It was my first day of lecture and I just finished my first three lectures, then I decided to go have a bite of snacks, since we were on a 10 minutes break from lectures. I walked towards where snacks were sold, putting on my clean checkered shirt and my fresh, smoothly ironed brown chinos. The joy I felt knew no bounds. 'So, I m finally a student of Yabatech the great?' I whispered to myself.

I had been struggling to gain admission for the past two years since I finished secondary school. I had been trying Jamb since. The first year, I had 150 in Jamb, the second year, it was 181 but I failed woefully in the post utme. It was on my third attempt that I had 200 on the dot. I didn't do well in the University post utme but passed Yabatech's post utme and was admitted to study Science Laboratory Technology.

As I walked toward where snacks was sold, I set eyes on this beautiful lady, whom I persumed shouldn't be anything more than twenty years of age. I put on my charming smile and started calculating how I would get this beauty in front of me to be mine. She was a beauty indeed. Not too tall, pretty smile, nice round pair of breast, best hips ever. I had fallen for her. I put a hand in my pocket and felt my phone. Leaving my hand there, I walked faster towards her and stopped her in her track.
'Excuse me pretty' I said, wearing my charming smile
'Hi' she replied. Her voice was angelic. She must be a singer, I concluded.
'I'm Demola by name, ND1 Science Lab Tech. Can I know you?' I said extending my hands for a hand shake. She took my hands in her soft, gentle hands and returned my smile. Her beauty and smile melted my heart.
'I'm Vivian by name' she said
'Are you a student here' ,I asked
'Do I look like a student?' She chuckled a little
'Yea, you kinda do' I said as I brought out my samsung galaxy. 'Can I have your number please?' I said stretching my phone, which I had unlocked and put on dial pad

She gladly took my phone and input her number as she smiled and returned it to me. I dialed the number to confirm it was hers and it was, cos at that moment, her phone rang in her bag and she brought out an I-phone 5. My samsung phone immediately felt useless in my hands. I pocketed my phone and said 'nice meeting you' and she replied 'the pleasure is mine' and walked away.

Even after she left, I could still feel her soft hands on my palm and hear her angelic voice in my head.

I took the snacks and returned to class to settle for the next lecture, I laid my head on the tabble in front of me. In less than 10 minutes that I layed my head and closed my eye, I heard an undoubtedly familiar voice say 'good morning class, please settle down' I knew with no doubts it was the Lady I just met some minutes ago, Vivian. I felt weak down to my bone marrow. I couldn't raise my head up because of uncertainty. What if she was the one and recognised me. My pal that sat beside me tapped me and whispered 'lecturer don dey class o' I raised my head and truely it was Vivian. She didn't see me. She was writing the topic for the day on the marker board and once again. I started drooling in admiration of her beauty. I didn't know what to do. As she turned back to face the class, our eyes met and I bowed my head slightly. I felt like telling her how sorry I was but I knew it wasn't necessary. She just smiled shook her head and faced the whole class and instead of teching on what was on the board she started advising us.

'Some of you don't know why you're here. Some of you have misplaced priority. You think you're here to fool around with girls.' She brought out her phone and fumbled with it a while. At that moment, my phone started ringing out loud and she asked 'who has that phone?'
I stood up and wished the ground could open up and swallow me, but it didn't. The whole class now had their eyes on me. Her speech was now directed at me

'So you're just in ND1 and you're moving around toasting your lecturers? You don't know what you came to school for, and I pity you. Sit down lets go over to our lecture for today' she said,as she let out a long hiss and continued the lecture. I was embarrasses to the core, as the class still had their eyes on me with some mumuring and some making flimsy comments to my face.
After that day, I promised myself never try and make any female friend or ask any girl out, a promise I kept till I graduated from the school. I was later nicknamed oko Mrs Vivian, meaning Mrs. Vivian's husband.
Re: Home Of Short Tales by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 17, 2015
I love your story hfinest1. Nor b ur fault na. Mingling na part of d matter na. How u for take know say she b lecturer wen she cute like that. Funny story and embarrassing as well.

Re: Home Of Short Tales by hfinest1(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2015
ogorkojo:
I love your story hfinest1. Nor b ur fault na. Mingling na part of d matter na. How u for take know say she b lecturer wen she cute like that. Funny story and embarrassing as well.
thanks for reading and commenting.... its fiction sha! something similar happened during my schl days tho but not to me...

welcome n how do u see d initiative.... asin d short tales initiativesmiley
Re: Home Of Short Tales by pinkycute(f): 8:03pm On May 17, 2015
am here oooo...
Re: Home Of Short Tales by liljboy(m): 10:51pm On May 17, 2015
i went to an ALL BOYS secondary school, so I had no close interaction with girls, and my parents na staunch,even till now babes no dey ever find me come house unless na for phone problems cos me na guru for that side.....

after my sec sch I applied for jamb lessons with some of my goons, they've been going there before me, so I joined later. the first time I went there was terrible for me.
I thought I looked fly oooo but on getting there I saw a Lotta cute babes everywhere, Kai!!!!! I no even enter class that day, shyness, nervousness, mumuness, all join jam me that day.

I just go back house wash all my clothes, iron them, bought a deodorant.
but there was this fine black babe wey I dey eye then, she go dey gimmie green light o, we dem boys dey usually hang out for one woman store, and she dey also come there base on her cousins wey reach like three guys. I just dey arrange how I go carry talk to that babe but I no fit.

she'll come sit near me, we go talk, she go dey tell me say she love my handwriting etc, still I no talk *sighs* till today I still dey regret am and I never see her again since then but I do see that her cousin.
shyness na nonsense o
Re: Home Of Short Tales by liljboy(m): 10:54pm On May 17, 2015
IDFWU BeeBeeOoh
Re: Home Of Short Tales by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2015
liljboy:
IDFWU BeeBeeOoh
always present. wink

Eniqirl, tunery004, danyel09 u people are to report to d station wit immediate effect..
Re: Home Of Short Tales by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 17, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
always present. wink

Eniqirl, tunery004, danyel09 u people are to report to d station wit immediate effect..
*drives in Bugatti veyron*

BeeBeeOoh, u always be my guy cool
Re: Home Of Short Tales by hfinest1(m): 6:58am On May 18, 2015
pinkycute:
am here oooo...
welcomeangry
Re: Home Of Short Tales by tunery004(m): 9:45am On May 18, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
always present. wink

Yes sir, tunery004 reporting. Over
Re: Home Of Short Tales by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2015
tunery004:

Yes sir, tunery004 reporting. Over
kai! U b police man in making.. wink
Re: Home Of Short Tales by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 19, 2015
hfinest1:
let me set the ball rolling with a story

story title: Priority mislpaced

I had just gotten into the great Yaba College of Technology to study Science Laboratory Technology. It was my first day of lecture and I just finished my first three lectures, then I decided to go have a bite of snacks, since we were on a 10 minutes break from lectures. I walked towards where snacks were sold, putting on my clean checkered shirt and my fresh, smoothly ironed brown chinos. The joy I felt knew no bounds. 'So, I m finally a student of Yabatech the great?' I whispered to myself.

I had been struggling to gain admission for the past two years since I finished secondary school. I had been trying Jamb since. The first year, I had 150 in Jamb, the second year, it was 181 but I failed woefully in the post utme. It was on my third attempt that I had 200 on the dot. I didn't do well in the University post utme but passed Yabatech's post utme and was admitted to study Science Laboratory Technology.

As I walked toward where snacks was sold, I set eyes on this beautiful lady, whom I persumed shouldn't be anything more than twenty years of age. I put on my charming smile and started calculating how I would get this beauty in front of me to be mine. She was a beauty indeed. Not too tall, pretty smile, nice round pair of breast, best hips ever. I had fallen for her. I put a hand in my pocket and felt my phone. Leaving my hand there, I walked faster towards her and stopped her in her track.
'Excuse me pretty' I said, wearing my charming smile
'Hi' she replied. Her voice was angelic. She must be a singer, I concluded.
'I'm Demola by name, ND1 Science Lab Tech. Can I know you?' I said extending my hands for a hand shake. She took my hands in her soft, gentle hands and returned my smile. Her beauty and smile melted my heart.
'I'm Vivian by name' she said
'Are you a student here' ,I asked
'Do I look like a student?' She chuckled a little
'Yea, you kinda do' I said as I brought out my samsung galaxy. 'Can I have your number please?' I said stretching my phone, which I had unlocked and put on dial pad

She gladly took my phone and input her number as she smiled and returned it to me. I dialed the number to confirm it was hers and it was, cos at that moment, her phone rang in her bag and she brought out an I-phone 5. My samsung phone immediately felt useless in my hands. I pocketed my phone and said 'nice meeting you' and she replied 'the pleasure is mine' and walked away.

Even after she left, I could still feel her soft hands on my palm and hear her angelic voice in my head.

I took the snacks and returned to class to settle for the next lecture, I laid my head on the tabble in front of me. In less than 10 minutes that I layed my head and closed my eye, I heard an undoubtedly familiar voice say 'good morning class, please settle down' I knew with no doubts it was the Lady I just met some minutes ago, Vivian. I felt weak down to my bone marrow. I couldn't raise my head up because of uncertainty. What if she was the one and recognised me. My pal that sat beside me tapped me and whispered 'lecturer don dey class o' I raised my head and truely it was Vivian. She didn't see me. She was writing the topic for the day on the marker board and once again. I started drooling in admiration of her beauty. I didn't know what to do. As she turned back to face the class, our eyes met and I bowed my head slightly. I felt like telling her how sorry I was but I knew it wasn't necessary. She just smiled shook her head and faced the whole class and instead of teching on what was on the board she started advising us.

'Some of you don't know why you're here. Some of you have misplaced priority. You think you're here to fool around with girls.' She brought out her phone and fumbled with it a while. At that moment, my phone started ringing out loud and she asked 'who has that phone?'
I stood up and wished the ground could open up and swallow me, but it didn't. The whole class now had their eyes on me. Her speech was now directed at me

'So you're just in ND1 and you're moving around toasting your lecturers? You don't know what you came to school for, and I pity you. Sit down lets go over to our lecture for today' she said,as she let out a long hiss and continued the lecture. I was embarrasses to the core, as the class still had their eyes on me with some mumuring and some making flimsy comments to my face.
After that day, I promised myself never try and make any female friend or ask any girl out, a promise I kept till I graduated from the school. I was later nicknamed oko Mrs Vivian, meaning Mrs. Vivian's husband.
hmm what course is mrs vivian takin?
Re: Home Of Short Tales by hfinest1(m): 6:06pm On May 19, 2015
bjhaid:
hmm what course is mrs vivian takin?
why u wan know.... kai! anyways she's taking SER101(sexicology/romanceology )

The Devil's Proposal 1 / Unizik Chronicles / Must Read: Rebound $ex ($uper Er0tica)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51