Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Should Females Go To School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should Females Go To School? (716 Views)

Nursery School In Calabar Flogs Parents For Bringing Their Kids Late To School / The Risk Students Take In Warri To Get To School (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Girl Takes $20,000 To School In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Females Go To School? by hollerb(m): 4:18pm On Feb 10, 2009
Hi nairalanders,
Hope you guys are having fun. I recently picked up a book titled; 'UNDERSTANDING THE PURPOSE & POWER OF MEN' by DR. MYLES MUROE.
After reading the 1st chapter. What i discovered is that Men have lost their responsibility and focus as a result of the rapid embracal of the Western Culture.
He went further by explaining that the there is no more difference in male and female roles and responsibility.
He stated that long ago, the man's fixed responsibilty was to provide for and protect the family while the wife's role was to care for the children and the home. Therefore, as a result of this the female highly respects the male because it is believed that he is the breadwinner of the family - He is much valued his wife because of the insecurity he exposes himself to in his quest to fulfil his duty.
'In this developed world of hours the male no longer knows how to relate with the opposite sex'-he wrote.
'Gone are the days when a female enters a hall and the male excuses her. Gone are those days when the male had to pull out the chair for the female to sit in the restaurant. By passed are those days when the male paid the bills. Now, the female believes in her right and abilty to take care of her bills' he further stressed.
He went further to state that the responsibility of the male to protect the female has earnestly faded because the female now have her own clothes, furniture, fat bank account, her own house,amongst others.'
The question now is where lies the supremacy of the man. The challenge i throwing out to nairalanders is; Should the female be encouraged to have a university education?
Maybe if their have a limited level of education their feathers of ego over the role of man will cease.
Re: Should Females Go To School? by ceze(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2009
why not.! d school is meant for everyboby wink
Re: Should Females Go To School? by tpia: 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2009
Re: Should Females Go To School? by MrCrackles(m): 8:12pm On Feb 11, 2009
tpia:

what a post. undecided

anyway you say you're 17 sha, so maybe you can be excused.

However, I'm sure if you look around Nigeria you'll see plenty of females with and without education. You can draw your own conclusions. Hope they'll be the right ones.

did Myles Monroe really write that?

hehe! grin
Re: Should Females Go To School? by sophia15: 7:22am On Feb 12, 2009
It is necessary to go to school. It's because education is very important to our life and for future purposes.

wink
Re: Should Females Go To School? by tpia: 1:54pm On Feb 12, 2009
Re: Should Females Go To School? by spikedcylinder: 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2009
This Miles Monroe must be your God no?
Spwish spwash! Women shouldn't go to school, what next? Women shouldn't brush their teeth? undecided
Re: Should Females Go To School? by tpia: 1:05am On Feb 15, 2009
Re: Should Females Go To School? by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 16, 2009
retarded mentality, i hope you never loose you job (if you ever get any) because, then, your "uneducated" wife will have to do the oldest profession in the world to help you with the bills.
Re: Should Females Go To School? by spikedcylinder: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

retarded mentality, i hope you never loose you job (if you ever get any) because, then, your "uneducated" wife will have to do the oldest profession in the world to help you with the bills.
Lol! Gbam! grin

(1) (Reply)

I Am Seeking Admission Into Futo. I Don't Know How To Start Please Help / Admission Information On University Of Jos And University Of Yola ? / Unilag Post Graduate - Systems Engineering 2009/2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.