Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Literature Review On Dry Fish, Stock Fish And Soup Taste. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Literature Review On Dry Fish, Stock Fish And Soup Taste. (1560 Views)

Egusi With Okporoko (stock Fish) Soup / Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / What My Daddy Found Inside Stock Fish's Head. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Literature Review On Dry Fish, Stock Fish And Soup Taste. by modele2: 8:34am On May 18, 2015
Hello nairalanders,

Unfortunately i dont have this knowledge, but the thread is seeking for someone who does.

There are so many species of dry fish in the market, some fleshy, bony, tastey and recently i became aware of the nomenclature of salt water and fresh water dry fish.
Then the ordinary catfish has the one with bigger head and local and imported. Fish from the north and those from the south..... I am soooo confused. Please is there anyone in the house with experience on the types of dryfish, that can be best used for soups, their names(local of course)? Their specie description(so we can know them when we see them), where they can be best obtained? Which ones would make local soups to die for?

Stock fish too,differentiating the cod from the non cod, the white from the brown, the original from the fake.
The thing tire me.

Very expectantly waiting for answers. Thank you.
Re: Literature Review On Dry Fish, Stock Fish And Soup Taste. by MPEROR: 2:14pm On May 26, 2015
Go for the catfish from Calabar/akwa ibom area get a calabar woman in the market to buy it for you or do the shopping for you

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Ginger Tea / Special Okra And Egusi Soup With Cooking Direction / Man Caught Selling Vultures As Chicken Suya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.