Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight (6464 Views)

"KADA River" Movie To Be Premiered In Toronto This September / 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema / See What Was Found In Lagos Cinema After 50 Shades Of Grey Movie ..lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by colossus2: 9:55pm On May 18, 2015
Went to see a movie this evening in the cinema. Midway into the movie, nepa took light and we were told to go back home and come another day with a supplementary ticket angry
Have you ever had such experience in a cinema shocked

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by adorablepepple(f): 10:15pm On May 18, 2015
Lmao! You r kidding right

You r obviously not kidding with all this people outside the cinema cheesy,.but is the management that poor?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by colossus2: 10:16pm On May 18, 2015
No back-up generator. Got there around 5pm, no light to print out tickets. They said NEPA would bring light at 6pm which was the scheduled time for the movie. 6:05pm nepa brought light.
Movie commenced at 6:30pm, at 7:15pm when I decided to trust nepa to disappoint me by not switching out power, behold the man on duty decided to press the blackout button and I told myself THE END grin
Midway into Fast and Furious 7 embarassed Lalasticlala undecided

Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by colossus2: 10:22pm On May 18, 2015
adorablepepple:
Lmao! You r kidding right

You r obviously not kidding with all this people outside the cinema cheesy,.but is the management that poor?
Not kidding oh....no shade of light for over 45 minutes till I left. Our phones served as torchlight for us to make way to the box office. There were no emergency lights or inverter powered bulbs.
Later a staff went out to buy/get rechargeable lamp cry

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by satelliteDISH(m): 10:24pm On May 18, 2015
colossus2:
No back-up generator. Got there around 5pm, no light to print out tickets. They said NEPA would bring light at 6pm which was the scheduled time for the movie. 6:05pm nepa brought light.
Movie commenced at 6:30pm, at 7:15pm when I decided to trust nepa to disappoint me by not switching out power, behold the man on duty decided to press the blackout button and I told myself THE END grin
Midway into Fast and Furious 7 embarassed Lalasticlala undecided
This so-called KADA CINEMA is overrated by igbinedion and his Independent TeleVision station.
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by Enoquin(f): 10:28pm On May 18, 2015
Where's Kada?
What's the name of the cinema?
How much was paid for fast and furious?
Is that your first time of watching a movie at night there? I ask because perhaps it's a regular occurence where they seek to swindle people of their money knowing that half might not come back

This is hilarious and ridiculous at the same time; hilarious because I can't believe the balls they had.
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by armadeo(m): 10:40pm On May 18, 2015
Enoquin:
Where's Kada?
How much was paid for fast and furious?
Is that your first time of watching a movie at night there? I ask because perhaps it's a regular occurence where they seek to swindle people of their money knowing that half might not come back

This is hilarious and ridiculous at the same time; hilarious because I can't believe the balls they had.

Big brass balls. Well anything can happen in Benin.
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by colossus2: 10:46pm On May 18, 2015
Enoquin:
Where's Kada?
Benin city

Kada cinema (owned by igbinedion)

Is that your first time of watching a movie at night there?
Yes, seen movies there before during the day.

I ask because perhaps it's a regular occurence where they seek to swindle people of their money knowing that half might not come back
I don't think so. I and 4 other persons asked for a refund and we got our refund.
Other spectators were issued a supplementary ticket to see any movie any day

Effin'HILARIOUS cheesy
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by colossus2: 10:49pm On May 18, 2015
armadeo:

Big brass balls. Well anything can happen in Benin.
As in ehn.
Benin, a place where nepa takes light when you are seeing a movie in the cinema and they close for the day shocked
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by ApexTitan(m): 11:19am On May 19, 2015
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Can't stop laughing. That was crazy. How can a cinema in Nigeria today rely solely on PHCN for electricity?
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 19, 2015
ur kidding......

Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 19, 2015
Hahahahaha. Imagine watching half of a movie one day and then coming back the next day to complete the other half. Incredible.

They even knew the time when nepa/phcn would bring d light, meaning they must have known when d light would also most likely go off. That cinema should be closed down.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by DEIFIED(m): 5:50pm On May 20, 2015
Crappy cinema owned by a stratagem artist.
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by haywire1: 9:11am On Jul 07, 2015
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by ionsman: 9:37am On Jul 07, 2015
What do you expect from a place owned by Igbinedion?
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by kingston247: 6:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
My guy take am to b series movie...abeg
Re: My Experience At Kada Cinema Tonight by MrPerfect1759: 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Kadacinemas will make you loose interest in Movies. They are inconsistent and unreliable. They do not premier movies as at when due, and sometimes, they don't premier at all like their counterpart worldwide. I wish they will improve. The ambience of their cinemas will be the best in the country if only they can turn-off all lights when movie is in session. They do not update their movies schedule on time too, i.e kadacinemas.com/showtimes

(1) (Reply)

Jagaban Ft Selina Tested Episode 7 / GRACE UPON GRACE [official Trailer] Nigeria Nollywood Latest Movie / Pls I Need Link To Download "Thor Ragnarok"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.