Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Adventures Of A Unilag Student - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventures Of A Unilag Student (3797 Views)

My First Semester Experience As A Unilag Undergraduate / My First Night With A Unilag Babe Part 3 / My First Night With A Unilag Babe Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adventures Of A Unilag Student by Tolulopefinest(m): 1:03am On May 19, 2015
Have been on Nairaland for a couple of years and have seen nairalanders sharing their different experiences, so I also deemed it fit to share my own experience.
let gets started................
Yaba ! Yaba! Yaba!...The agbero (bus conductor) ever unrelenting way of calling passengers made me knows am now in Lagos.The ever busy place where you see a multitudes of people rushing up and down trying to make ends meet. THE SPIRIT OF LAGOS!!!!!! Having spent almost my entire life in osun state (my village) though now a city, lol......... I thought of having a taste of the over-hype city of Lagos (though I later found nothing special in lagos except the day to day stress). I chose the prestigious University of Lagos as my preferred institution.
Although most people advised me not to choose the university because most people believes only the influential and rich ones are mostly admitted into the school. Ignoring different obstructions and discouragement from people, I was adamant in making it into the acclaimed UNILAG! trying to prove them wrong.
After going through the stress of POST UTME exams, on the 22nd of July (probably the memorable call have ever received) a friend called me informing me that the admission list is out. Reluctantly , already lost hope because I believe UNILAG is not for a person like me (people take you as an idol if you tell them are school in UNILAG). ALAS! my name was on number 35 out of 80 admitted student in my department !
You could imagine how happy I was then. After being a regular customer of JAMB for a quite number of years, I wasn't admitted into just any university but UNILAG!!!!!! ohhh....what I huge success!
I couldn't wait for the school to resume after the completion of my screening exercise. The day finally came , it was my first day in UNILAG. I was allocated to Biobaku hostel, one of the best hostel for the male student in UNILAG.
I moved in and met four of my room mates, we greeted ourselves and did a brief introduction. What I keeps ruminating on my mind was that "Are these the sets of people I will be staying with for the next one year?
ohhh!! I need to do my course registration before it closes, I have to reach the main campus to see my course adviser (fresher's loves doing things quickly thou), as I walk through the beautiful atmosphere of the campus, I heard a voice calling """" Tolu.!!!! wait now! I was confused asking within my mind "who could be calling my name? am a new student here now. I turned back and was surprised to see..................... to be continued

Need your comments to continue as this will motivate me. Greatest akokaite!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by Nobody: 1:44am On May 19, 2015
I hear you.

Nah sleep sure pass now...

Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by jeremie97(m): 7:21am On May 19, 2015
weldone bro continue followin u bumper to bumper
Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by Tolulopefinest(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2015
jeremie97:
weldone bro continue followin u bumper to bumper
tnks bru...ar u also an akokaite?
Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by Tolulopefinest(m): 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ohhh...it was Kate. I met Kate during the registration. She is so beautiful that I even thought she must have been the UNILAG lagoon goddess. When I was trying to arrange my documents for the registration, I got confused ,Kate noticed the confused state in my face and assisted me in the arrangement of the documents.

Me- oh Kate its you
Kate- (smiling) watup....where u going
Me- (also smiling)- want to see my course adviser , have you completed your registration.?

I was admitted into the department of chemistry while Kate was admitted into medicine. In UNILAG, medical students will use just a year at the main campus, after that , the eligible would moved to idi araba (UNILAG medical school) to continue.

Kate- Yea...
iI informed Kate that I have to see my course adviser and she went on her way.

Under the Unilag hot sun (like that of sahara desert) i was praying silently on my mind to meet my course adviser in office. Ohhh jeez! Not again , this man is still not around. After five rounds

Feeling dejected , sweating under the hot sun, I went back to my hostel. O boy, which kind roommates be this ? See as they open the door, hmm...hostel life sha.
I went straight to my bed placing my phone beside me and slept off. " I wish I had someone who can help with my dreams " my ringtone (if you can still remember Skye bank jingle then) woke me up .
Guess who called ?
To be continued....
Your comments and likes will motivate me to continue. Oya let's go.
Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by Tolulopefinest(m): 11:11pm On Oct 12, 2015
Ohhh...it was Kate. I met Kate during the registration. She is so beautiful that I even thought she must have been the UNILAG lagoon goddess. When I was trying to arrange my documents for the registration, I got confused ,Kate noticed the confused state on my face and assisted me in the arrangement of the documents.

Me- oh Kate its you
Kate- (smiling) watup....where u going
Me- (also smiling)- want to see my course adviser , have you completed your registration.?

I was admitted into the department of chemistry while Kate was admitted into medicine. In UNILAG, medical students will use just a year at the main campus, after that , the eligible would moved to idi araba (UNILAG medical school) to continue.

Kate- Yea...
iI informed Kate that I have to see my course adviser and she went on her way.

Under the Unilag hot sun (like that of sahara desert) i was praying silently on my mind to meet my course adviser in office. Ohhh jeez! Not again , this man is still not around. After five rounds

Feeling dejected , sweating under the hot sun, I went back to my hostel. O boy, which kind roommates be this ? See as they open the door, hmm...hostel life sha.
I went straight to my bed placing my phone beside me and slept off. " I wish I had someone who can help with my dreams " my ringtone (if you can still remember Skye bank jingle then) woke me up .
Guess who called ?
To be continued....
Your comments and likes will motivate me to continue. Oya let's go.
Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by erne: 1:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
Registration is ongoing for June 2016 NIPR/BEEC professional exams in public relations.
Lectures will resume on Saturday, 16th January, 2016 at Sunjem Schools, Ifako-Gbagada, Lagos.

08139458588, 08053408939

Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by joviegghead: 4:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
Greatest akokite!! Still waiting..
Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by KoyaCatrex98(f): 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
Tolulopefinest:

tnks bru...ar u also an akokaite?

Ah be AKOKITE ooo..... A fresher to behold Lol
Re: Adventures Of A Unilag Student by KoyaCatrex98(f): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2015
Anticipating shocked grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Man I Married - Episode 1 / The Thing Around Your Neck - Chimanda Adichie / Something New- A Short Story By Avatarmode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.