Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Meet The Nigerian Man Riding From UK To Lagos (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Nigerian Man Riding From UK To Lagos (photos) (1151 Views)

Richard Mofe-Damijo Goes Bike Riding. Fans Go Gaga (Photos) / Saint Obi Steps Out For AFRIMMA Awards In Lagos (Photos) / Mercy Johnson, Daughter Avoid Lagos Traffic By Riding Gej’s Train Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Nigerian Man Riding From UK To Lagos (photos) by Brownville007: 9:59am On May 19, 2015
Omo Alokwe, of Woodchurch Road, West Hampstead, will ride
from Land’s End (England) to Lagos, in Nigeria, in November
to raise funds for Medicine Sans Frontiers (MSF).
The business change analyst is taking on the challenge on
his own and aims to raise £20,000 for MSF.
He will start from Land’s End and ride to Dover where he will
travel on the Eurotunnel to France and then onto Morroco
and through Senegal, Mali and Togo before reaching
Nigeria.
In Nigeria, Mr Alokwe aims to break the world record for the
longest motorcyle ride in a single
country. Over 16 weeks, he will aim to cover 30,000 miles
through the country, where he grew up.
“I’ve always liked travelling and I wanted to do something
different and really challenge myself,” said Mr Alokwe.
“I’ve been riding motorbikes for 18 years.

As a child I used to muck around on my friends’ bikes and
when I was older I got my licence. I love the camaraderie
between bikers, the freedom and the wind in my hair.”
Mr Alokwe said he has chosen to support MSF as it is not
“politically or religiously-affiliated” and “just deals with
human crises”.

“I’ve always admired the work of MSF for their
selflessness. Anywhere there’s any problems in the world,
they are there. They are one of the best organisations
working in Africa. I’ve always wanted to do something like
this so I thought I should come out of my comfort zone.”

Source: www.irise.com.ng/photos-meet-the-nigerian-bikeromo-alokwe-who-plans-to-ride-from-england-to-lagos/

Re: Meet The Nigerian Man Riding From UK To Lagos (photos) by SeverusSnape(m): 10:01am On May 19, 2015
How's he going to cross the Mediterranean Sea
Re: Meet The Nigerian Man Riding From UK To Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 10:03am On May 19, 2015
good cause. To even think that he's riding to raise common 20,000pounds...
Re: Meet The Nigerian Man Riding From UK To Lagos (photos) by Brownville007: 10:06am On May 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:
How's he going to cross the Mediterranean Sea
Those who travel round the world or sail through the world do not actually go through all the countries. There is a way they do that.
Re: Meet The Nigerian Man Riding From UK To Lagos (photos) by SeverusSnape(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2015
Brownville007:

Those who travel round the world or sail through the world do not actually go through all the countries. There is a way they do that.
In this case, There's no way he'll achieve that without using a ship, No way.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Check Out D'banj “shakiti Bobo” Dance Step Move / British Lady Arrested 4 Upsetting Gods With Unclothedness & Causing Earthquake / Aaliyah!! Late Princess Of R&B. What We Didn't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.