Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) (6386 Views)

See The Snake My Friend Uncle Killed For Her To Eat (photos) / Yuck! Will You Eat This? (PHOTO) / Top 10 Bizarre Food You Won't Believe People Eat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 19, 2015
Some delicacies might be disgusting and weird to you but are considered utterly delicious and heavenly to another person; everyone taste certain food in different ways.
Source: http://oddastic.com/yuck-8-animals-you-wouldnt-believe-people-eat/

1. RATS

Rat is considered a delicacy in places like Togo, in the Mishmi culture of India, among some peoples in Southeast Asia etc. In China, there are street vendors that sell the rodent deep fried on a stick.

2. SCORPIONS

The chinese eat just about anything so it is no surprise that they enjoy this delicacy of fried scorpions. Some people say it tastes like crunchy potato chips, while others say it has a fishy taste.

3. COCKROACHES

Yes, you can eat cockroaches! Just not the ones you find around your house. They can be eaten toasted, fried, sauteed, or boiled. Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches have a taste and texture like greasy chicken.

4. LIZARDS

The dong lizards (Vietnam), the flying lizards (Hong Kong), monitor lizards and dabb lizards (Middle East) are considered very tasty and juicy. In Hong Kong, flying lizards are dried in the sun and then used in preparing soup.

5. SPIDERS

Fried spider is a regional delicacy in Cambodia. In the Cambodian town of Skuon (Cheung Prey, Kampong Cham Province), the vending of fried spiders as a specialty snack is a popular attraction for tourists passing through this town. Other countries like Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Loas are also known to enjoy this snack.

Personally i enjoy eating fried termites (popularly called shinge) and in Delta, where I come from, we enjoy the edible worm.

Can you eat any of these animals

FOR MORE: http://oddastic.com/yuck-8-animals-you-wouldnt-believe-people-eat/
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by shakazuldadon: 2:51pm On May 19, 2015
Yes I can

The last one grin..... yum yum yum.... protenious and nutritious...

1 Like

Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Mekybliss(f): 2:54pm On May 19, 2015
The last one got my full vote.
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Arbiola(f): 2:56pm On May 19, 2015
Pls no try Niger Lizard nd Rat oh.

If you try am, General hospital go reject you grin

2 Likes

Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Hero10001: 2:56pm On May 19, 2015
"A man's food is another man's poison" ahahaha!
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 19, 2015
Arbiola:
Pls no try Niger Lizard nd Rat oh.....

lmao, you go just die troway grin
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by hijacke(m): 3:03pm On May 19, 2015
Fried worm, wat a delicacy tongue
Meanwhile, just caught dis one,
Suya tinstins grin

Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Obinovictor(m): 3:03pm On May 19, 2015
Warisdis
Abasha leleyi naw
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by holatin(m): 3:18pm On May 19, 2015
egbami
kileleyi
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Yustash001(m): 3:39pm On May 19, 2015
Olohun maje....ijekuje gbaa leleyi...I remember Wale, one of my classmates in J SS 2 ...we call him ode apatata(cockroach hunter)...after catching enough cockroach to eat....he would insert them one after the other in a broom stick and roast them.....and the eating would begin...
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 19, 2015
Yustash001:
Olohun maje....ijekuje gbaa leleyi...I remember Wale, one of my classmates in J SS 2 ...we call him ode apatata(cockroach hunter)...after catching enough cockroach to eat....he would insert them one after the other in a broom stick and roast them.....and the eating would begin...

grin grin grin thats the life

1 Like

Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Lagusta(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2015
Yustash001:

Wtf
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Lagusta(m): 4:04pm On May 19, 2015
I have eaten monitor lizards before (what Yoruba call alégbà....)

Very tasty tastes like a mix of fresh fish and soft chicken.....
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 19, 2015
Lagusta:
I have eaten monitor lizards before (what Yoruba call alégbà....)

Very tasty tastes like a mix of fresh fish and soft chicken.....

ewww! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Lagusta(m): 4:12pm On May 19, 2015
BaebieHot:

ewww! lipsrsealed

I'm not talking bout agama lizards.....

These lizards are very big, people wrongly call them alligators....

Very tasty wink

Oh and who amongst those pretty ladies is the damsel in mentioning.... cheesy
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Lagusta(m): 4:14pm On May 19, 2015
hijacke:
Fried worm, wat a delicacy tongue
Meanwhile, just caught dis one,
Suya tinstins grin

Eheeeen, this is the lizard I'm talking bout
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 19, 2015
Lagusta:

Eheeeen, this is the lizard I'm talking bout

hmm...still
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by alexbch(m): 4:22pm On May 19, 2015
One mans food is anoda mans poison ooo
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by leshluap(m): 4:50pm On May 19, 2015
one man's wish is another man's witch.
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by hijacke(m): 5:11pm On May 19, 2015
Dis is frontpage material

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by pretydiva(f): 7:40am On May 20, 2015
Warrisdis nau undecided..d sight of it alone makes me wanna puke..so disgusting
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by PreciousGem(f): 9:16pm On May 20, 2015
I hope that boy is eating a cake design as spider and not d real thing cos its disgusting
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Nellizzy(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2015
disgusting

1 Like

Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by DEIFIED(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2015
Yuke, puke on thread and walks out.
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by vickkyruby(f): 12:30am On May 22, 2015
Scorpions and spiders...Asians wunt kill somebody.
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by vickkyruby(f): 12:34am On May 22, 2015
leshluap:

grin grin
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Nobody: 3:34am On May 22, 2015

so so true cryone man's wish is another man's witch.
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Godmother(f): 5:22pm On May 28, 2015
These Chinese can eat anything. No wonder their genes are all confused and muddled up. Must be why they all look alike. You see one Chinko man, you have seen 6 million.
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 28, 2015
That rat ..no b house rat(eku) oooo.nah bush rat (emo)
Re: Yuck! Animals You Would Not Believe People Eat (photos) by Obidikejr(m): 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cc: lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Any One Knows How To Cook With A Microwave? / Suggestions For Storing Fresh Pepper? / 20 Foods That Are Killing You Slowly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.