Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,969 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice (11359 Views)

Best Eye Care Hospital In Nigeria @ Affordable Cost / Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User / Eye Care, A Must. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Ishilove: 1:12pm On May 20, 2015
The average contact lens wearer can attest to the fact that they require maximum care and zero exposure to foreign elements.

However inspite of the warnings of opticians, there is still a significant number of people who fall victim to eye infections.

According to experts in Moorfield Eye Hospital, bacteria, fungi and micro-organisms can stick to contact lenses and cause pain, irritation and serious harm.

Eye infections are no walk in the park and can lead to loss of sight in some cases. To avoid this, here are thing you must NEVER do if you use contact lenses.

NEVER, ever sleep with contact lenses in: This is like the cardinal rule of contacts. Extended wear of contacts can aggravate the cornea, leaving it more vulnerable to infection. So except your optician says otherwise, once you feel drowsy, your contacts must come off.

NEVER bathe or swim with contacts: Water can carry and spread a rare but dangerous infection called acanthamoeba keratitis which attacks the cornea and which people who wear contacts are particularly susceptible to. Furthermore, water-borne bacteria and other bugs, such as acanthamoeba, can attach to contact lenses during swimming and cause infection, more so in public pools were traces of urine and faecal matter can be found.

NEVER handle contacts without disinfecting your hands first: Ensure that your hands are thoroughly washed and dried before handling your lenses to prevent spreading nasty germs.

NEVER soak them in a glass of water: If you forget your solution, tap water is not the next best option, as it can carry bacteria that is harmful to the eyes.

NEVER lick them: As tap water isn't an option for cleaning contacts, neither is saliva as it is most unhygenic.

Take care to NEVER touch your eyes or lens with your fingernails. A scratched cornea is not fun.

NEVER mix your right and left lenses up, rather get into the habit of inserting and removing the same lens first.

NEVER put your lenses in without checking to see that they're not damaged or inside-out. The lens should be shaped like a cup but if inside-out it will be shaped like a saucer, with the edges facing out.

NEVER re-use disinfecting solution or top it up. Instead, it must be discarded and replaced with fresh solution each time the lenses are stored

NEVER ignore problems or discomfort. Contrary to often erroneous belief, they won't just go away, remove the contact lens and seek medical advice.
http://pulse.ng/health/eye-care-what-you-must-never-do-to-contact-lessons-experts-advice-id3777893.html

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:16pm On May 20, 2015
NOTED!! The person below has something more reasonable to say..
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by justi4jesu(f): 1:20pm On May 20, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
NOTED!! The person below has something more reasonable to say..

I doubt cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by MrPresident1: 1:32pm On May 20, 2015
Ishilove, I hear say na binoculars you dey wear, na true? cool

3 Likes

Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:44pm On May 20, 2015
justi4jesu:

I doubt cheesy
that means u're a member of SB.AN
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Ishilove: 1:51pm On May 20, 2015
MrPresident1:
Ishilove, I hear say na binoculars you dey wear, na true? cool
Who tell you?
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by MKO4ever(m): 1:53pm On May 20, 2015
Nawa oo, this one pass 99 commandments oo
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 20, 2015
noted boo
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 20, 2015
Too much rules.

I am too careless to obey them so i don't use contacts.

can't shout.
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by misterchris(m): 1:55pm On May 20, 2015
Do they work... I dont use contact... But i have contacts
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by naijainfogalery: 1:55pm On May 20, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by sheba123(f): 1:55pm On May 20, 2015
i personaly dont like contacts, my pupils are pretty enough. Kindly vote ur gurl Maureensylvia as miss nairaland thnk u
www.nairaland.com/2324981/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-final
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Acegoals: 1:56pm On May 20, 2015
Wow!

I never knew contact lenses can even get someone blind if not handled properly. I was told last month that I would need a AR lense because of my frequent use of the laptop. Instead I opted for the manual thing... reduce my contact with screens!

www.acegoals.com
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by condralbede(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2015
Noted...tnx op
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by misterchris(m): 1:56pm On May 20, 2015
kennygee:
Too much rules.
can't shout.
Baby!
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Rounakid(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2015
Owka... Wadelse...?
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Booyakasha(f): 1:57pm On May 20, 2015
I love you ishilove smiley

I adore you ishilove

Is Hi Love

Is Hi(gh) Love smiley

1 Like

Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by amokeme(f): 2:03pm On May 20, 2015
Never had one on. Very scared of anything going into my eyes.. I prefer my normal glasses jare

2 Likes

Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by elantraceey(f): 2:06pm On May 20, 2015
I can never do that, not for any reason .
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by lilcashking(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2015
Beautiful nonsense
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 20, 2015
Ishilove:

http://pulse.ng/health/eye-care-what-you-must-never-do-to-contact-lessons-experts-advice-id3777893.html

In other words dont use them.
I always loved chics in glasses. Big turn on
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by peteruuu(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2015
Thanks OP.

NOTED!
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by treesh(f): 2:21pm On May 20, 2015
All this unnecessary shakara.
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by jauntty: 2:22pm On May 20, 2015
[size=14pt]Ok. Let me add my advice.

NEVER ever buy and use Contact Lenses without first undergoing Eye test, even if U need them for fashion

NEVER ever share ur Contact Lenses with ur friends grin
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by wahalababe(f): 2:23pm On May 20, 2015
tnx...alot
all noted. i use contact (medicated) The only thing am guilty of is falling asleep in the afternoon wif it and repeating the solution.
I will stop cry
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by Deadshotz(m): 2:24pm On May 20, 2015
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by jauntty: 2:28pm On May 20, 2015
kennygee:
Too much rules.
can't shout.
Safer for you then !
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by timpaker(m): 2:33pm On May 20, 2015
Why would someone want to share contact lens with another person?

I remember when a friend got me one as a solution to my frequent use of glasses and one lady thought it was cool to steal em from me.
The next day her eyes were as red and sullen like a weed smoker grin

2 Likes

Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by INTERMAN: 2:38pm On May 20, 2015
Inspiring
Re: Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice by spacyzuma(m): 2:40pm On May 20, 2015
I agree with the article.

I used glases for more than 10 years and then I gave contact lenses a try. I've used both for the past 2 years now, and believe me: glasses are more convenient.

Contact lenses need too much care and are stressful. I like the ease and comfort of glasses. Easily remove and put on in less than a second.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara Discharges Two Coronavirus Patients / See The Woman With The World's Tightest Vagina (PHOTOS) / Iot And Connected Health Are Attractive Opportunities For Life Sciences Investor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.