Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Can I Do With My Vehicles? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Can I Do With My Vehicles? (3112 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 2:24pm On May 20, 2015
I shipped some vehicles to Nigeria for close to 2 years and they haven't been sold. Any suggestions what business I can start with these? I don't live in naija and I don't trust giving it out to drivers.

Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 20, 2015
why not call me lets talk.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2015
emmydeep:
why not call me lets talk. +2347034551515

Write and tell me about your ideas. If I like it, I will call you.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by enet1(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2015
Goodevenin,call 08037598879 and let's talk.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 2:50pm On May 20, 2015
enet1:
Goodevenin,call 08037598879 and let's talk.

As I already replied to the first person to comment, write me about your ideas. I will call you if I like it.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 20, 2015
deadie:

Write and tell me about your ideas. If I like it, I will call you.
dnt worry. I dnt need ur help, u need mine bro.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 3:28pm On May 20, 2015
emmydeep:

dnt worry. I dnt need ur help, u need mine bro.

Thanks for your comment. I did not imply that you needed my help. However, I cannot call people without ascertaining that the advice I receive will be useful for me in the end. I already have offers which I have rejected. I am not desperate.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by LONGFELLOW02(m): 3:28pm On May 20, 2015
deadie:
I shipped some vehicles to Nigeria for close to 2 years and they haven't been sold. Any suggestions what business I can start with these? I don't live in naija and I don't trust giving it out to drivers.

Hw much do you want to sell it?

Can you gv me 1 make i dey pay small small?

The bizness you can use it for is to put it in Local markets in south-west. . So that they can be using it to transport food stuff 4rm south-west to south-south or North. Or 4rm north to south-south.

I will be glad if you can gv me 1.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by yusuftosho: 3:30pm On May 20, 2015
How about you getting a someone you truth for hire purchase.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 3:39pm On May 20, 2015
LONGFELLOW02:

Hw much do you want to sell it?

Can you gv me 1 make i dey pay small small?

The bizness you can use it for is to put it in Local markets in south-west. . So that they can be using it to transport food stuff 4rm south-west to south-south or North. Or 4rm north to south-south.

I will be glad if you can gv me 1.

Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately, I have decided not to enter any business where I will be paid 'small small'. I just got out of a terrible one. I bought an equipment for someone and his 'small small' payment took 2 yrs. Exchange rate when I sold the equipment was about 160 naira/Euro. By the time I was paid the bulk of the money, it was 225 naira/euro and it nearly got to a police case. I have therefore abandoned such business model.

yusuftosho:
How about you getting a someone you truth for hire purchase.
This has been suggested to me, but frankly, I am afraid of being told stories at the end of each month.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by emperorscoon(m): 3:43pm On May 20, 2015
I can buy from you.. Though it will be hire purchase. I run a transport firm.. Call me on 09038727419 or email emperorscoon@yahoo.com for details
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 20, 2015
deadie:
These vehicles will be good for logistics sire, u can use it for that, get a manager to manage it for you while u receive ur pay into ur acct monthly...
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by Input(m): 5:59pm On May 20, 2015
How I wish I saw this as at 2 weeks ago when my dad bought exactly the white colour.

You may be scared but if you are willing to take the risk I will be fully involve about it.
Hire purchase is the best and I can guarantee your returns.

The deal is I will assign it to a reliable person ( possibly recommended by my dad) to use in bush market biz i.e transporting goods from the farm to different market... enough now

If interested let me know.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by emalekuo(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2015
Post current pictures of these cars and what are their prices, knows someone that needs one urgently for her food stuff business.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 6:21pm On May 20, 2015
emperorscoon:
I can buy from you..
Though it will be hire purchase.
I run a transport firm..
Call me on 09038727419 or email emperorscoon@yahoo.com for details

Ok. I will get in contact before the end of the week for further discussion.

polymathic:
These vehicles will be good for logistics sire, u can use it for that, get a manager to manage it for you while u receive ur pay into ur acct monthly...

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I (and my brother) were discouraged from this option. He also send cars and we wanted to start a logistics firm together. But my dad discouraged us from this because of his experience (drivers always tell stories and never paid up).

I am open to a higher purchase (on the condition of a substantial initial payment) and a strict agreement that the vehicle is repossessed if payment is missed. All my previous transactions were based on oral agreement on the basis of trust but my trust was always betrayed.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 6:27pm On May 20, 2015
emalekuo:
Post current pictures of these cars and what are their prices, knows someone that needs one urgently for her food stuff business.

The white one is currently in Lagos so you can go and see it physically if you want (I can give you my brother's contact but not publicly). The green one is in Umuahia. If you want to arrange viewing, it is possible.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by gazette: 8:29pm On May 20, 2015
Hi. i will like to purchase one of those vehicles if you still have them. i don't reside in Nigeria but my mum needs one for her business. i have been looking to get one over here but it is very difficult to get. EMAIL ME smicheal477@yahoo.com. Await your response.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 6:36am On May 21, 2015
gazette:
Hi. i will like to purchase one of those vehicles if you still have them. i don't reside in Nigeria but my mum needs one for her business. i have been looking to get one over here but it is very difficult to get. EMAIL ME smicheal477@yahoo.com. Await your response.

I have mailed u.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by DonX001: 11:07am On May 21, 2015
Start an ambulance service.
The buses are already the same design used for ambulances, all you need is to put in the necessary basic fittings.
If you coordinate it well, it can be very profitable especially in a big city like Lagos.
I personally know someone making a lot of cheddar from this.

Thinking of starting one myself soon.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by gr8david(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2015
How many are the vehicles n the types, trucks or buses? U can register a transport company for passengers/haulage.
Then you employ some ppl and agreedor what you what as return or give them target.
Registration n establishment won't take you more than 2weeks, because u will need to service those vehicles bfor putting them on the road.
U may call me for more detail if u considered my idea reasonable 08068644710
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by GRACEGLORY: 11:45pm On May 21, 2015
We are urgently in need of: 10, 15, 17.5, 20, & 30 Tonnages trucks (Box Body) to convey our light goods and it is a permanent job.
Products: BISCUITS, PRINGLES, DAIPERS, etcetra...

For details:

Call: +234803 054 6462

E-mail: cyrusjesunifemi@gmail.com

-Cyrus Jesunifemi
Logistics Manager
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 7:49am On May 22, 2015
DonX001:
Start an ambulance service.
The buses are already the same design used for ambulances, all you need is to put in the necessary basic fittings.
If you coordinate it well, it can be very profitable especially in a big city like Lagos.
I personally know someone making a lot of cheddar from this.

Thinking of starting one myself soon.

Interesting. How does that work? I will more info on this please, because my brother has a complete ambulance which has also been idle.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 7:53am On May 22, 2015
gr8david:
How many are the vehicles n the types, trucks or buses? U can register a transport company for passengers/haulage.
Then you employ some ppl and agreedor what you what as return or give them target.
Registration n establishment won't take you more than 2weeks, because u will need to service those vehicles bfor putting them on the road.
U may call me for more detail if u considered my idea reasonable 08068644710

Thank you for your suggestion, but I don't like this idea very much. My dad was in the transport business but is against this idea. I (and my brother) gave him the option to to manage our vehicles in a transportation business or to register it with a company and he discouraged us. He said the trouble he went through with his own was not worth it. Drivers always coming up with stories, etc.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 22, 2015
Hello, how much do you want to sell each of them. doseni@yahoo.com
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by LondonCool(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2015
Deadie,

I'm interested in the van at Umuahia and ready to pay cash for it if the price is right.

Has the vehicle been used in Nigeria? Has it been registered in Nigeria? Is it still road worthy? Will you be willing to deliver the van at Calabar ( I'm based in UK) ?

Regards
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 4:35pm On May 23, 2015
LondonCool:
Deadie,

I'm interested in the van at Umuahia and ready to pay cash for it if the price is right.

Has the vehicle been used in Nigeria? Has it been registered in Nigeria? Is it still road worthy? Will you be willing to deliver the van at Calabar ( I'm based in UK) ?

Regards

Hi, Thank you for your interest. The vehicles has not been registered or used in Nigeria and of course it is road worthy. Total distance should be less than 200,000km. Sorry, it cannot be delivered to Calabar. The reason it is in Umuahia is because someone asked to see it in PH to buy it for his supermarket. Hi supermarket got robbed and that was the end of the deal. So I have decided that whoever wants to buy should go see it at the location.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 5:02pm On May 23, 2015
emperorscoon:
I can buy from you..
Though it will be hire purchase.
I run a transport firm..
Call me on 09038727419 or email emperorscoon@yahoo.com for details

Called but u don't answer.
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by LondonCool(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2015
The
deadie:

Hi, Thank you for your interest. The vehicles has not been registered or used in Nigeria and of course it is road worthy. Total distance should be less than 200,000km. Sorry, it cannot be delivered to Calabar. The reason it is in Umuahia is because someone asked to see it in PH to buy it for his supermarket. Hi supermarket got robbed and that was the end of the deal. So I have decided that whoever wants to buy should go see it at the location.

Thanks. It's a buyers market. There's a reason why you haven't sold the car for 2 years. When I buy cars I get them delivered ( and pay for the delivery).
Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by deadie(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2015
LondonCool:
The

Thanks. It's a buyers market. There's a reason why you haven't sold the car for 2 years. When I buy cars I get them delivered ( and pay for the delivery).

So you have passed your own judgment as to why the vehicle hasn't been sold, even after I have explained the facts to you? Driving the car around adds mileage to it, and there are risks/money involved with moving an unregistered vehicle. If you buy the vehicle and want it delivered, then that is possible to arrange for a driver. But it cannot be moved to your place of interest just for viewing. If you think that the reason why I haven't sold the car is because it is not taken to whoever wants to see it, then I am happy to leave it for another 5 years. There are people who have indicated interest in Abuja, should I also move it to Abuja? Anyway, thank you for your interest. But if you purchase the vehicle, it will be delivered to you.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do With My Vehicles? by DonX001: 12:31am On May 25, 2015
deadie:

Interesting. How does that work? I will more info on this please, because my brother has a complete ambulance which has also been idle.
You'll need to do some marketing for the ambulance, if not it will keep sitting idle.
You'll need to contact those that usually need ambulance services- smaller hospitals that do not have their own ambulance, larger hospitals that their ambulance is not functional e.g has broken down. These people sometimes have very ill patients that may need to be referred to other centres, or visit advanced diagnostic centres for special investigations like CT scans, hence they'll need an ambulance to transport the patient.
And also dont forget other groups that work with people that need ambulances like undertakers, casket dealers and mortuary attendants, these people can refer people that need ambulance services to you to transport their late loved ones.
I've heard him charge good money, close to 200k, to transport a corpse from Lagos to the East and return back the following day.

I think its quite lucrative if marketed properly.
If you keep your prices competitive and market it well, it can be a money spinner.

(1) (Reply)

I Must Share This Please / Scam In The Hyip World / Opay Debit Card Is Now Available, Here Is How To Get Your Payment Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.