Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO (813 Views)

New Uhans A6 Smartphone Will Be Capture The Attention ? / Nokia’s D1C Android Smartphone Will Be Way Cheaper Than We Thought / Nokia D1c Smartphone Will Arrive In Two Versions,specs Leak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by romoruyi(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2015
Tell me if you've heard this question before. Why is BlackBerry still making phones? You've heard it before, right? Of course, you have. Every blog, media outlet and armchair CEO that questions how BlackBerry is still alive resorts to asking that same tired question though they never provide an answer to it because an answer can only come from the top. Right now, the top is BlackBerry CEO John Chen and a new interview with Business Insider sheds some light on why exactly BlackBerry keeps on building phones once again.

Chen says BlackBerry phones are the entry point for customers into the company's security business. BlackBerry can still provide a secure backbone for other devices like iPhones and Android phones, but Chen says you get the most security with a BlackBerry phone. There are a lot of important customers that still need that level of security.

"I can only make iPhone so much more secure, but I can't make it as secure as a BlackBerry device," Chen said. "If you look at the US Army, they're still rolling out all BlackBerry. If I tell them there are no more phones, I lose that account. The question is how do you make phones profitable at the volume those people represent?"

I say once again because I'm entirely positive the answer given here isn't at all surprising to anyone reading this. It's essentially the same message John Chen has been delivering since he joined BlackBerry just worded differently. In fact, the comments are similar, if not identical, to those issued shortly after the Q4 Fiscal 2015 results, where Chen also noted he was not worried about BlackBerry non-believers (video below) and previous comments where Chen stressed the intent to continue to build a hardware business. The only people questioning why BlackBerry is still making phones are the ones not paying attention to what Chen has been saying for the better half of 18 months now.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-will-make-money-phones-again-one-day

<a href="www.cnn.com">home</a>

Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by FelaLives(m): 5:30am On May 21, 2015
Sell d bLeeping 'now old school'B.Berry CHEAPer!?
Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by samsard(m): 8:30am On May 21, 2015
Unless BlackBerry starts making phones that will compete in both specs and pricing while with aggressive marketing, they can keep living in dream land. The Z30 for example is a phone with only a HD display, dual core processor etc when other brands have gone on to produce phones with 2k displays and octacore processors. The BlackBerry Passport other hand with good specs is not for everyone. Wether they like it or not, the only brand that can sell phones without real raw specs and general market appeal is Apple. Although is do understand that current Blackberries are for a carved niche market.
Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by sorextee(m): 11:45am On May 21, 2015
I'm still a BlackBerry loyalist... fluidity at its peak... any movement of your fingers commands anything and everything.
It's like your brain was directly connected to the phone. You think of doing something, slide a finger and bam! You're there..

Bb10 os is still d most secured, followed by ios...
Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by hyuga(m): 12:24pm On May 21, 2015
sorextee:
I'm still a BlackBerry loyalist... fluidity at its peak... any movement of your fingers commands anything and everything.
It's like your brain was directly connected to the phone. You think of doing something, slide a finger and bam! You're there..

I guess ur bb typed this too

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by xtervaganza(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2015
hyuga:

lol you're wicked
Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by Baroba(m): 4:52pm On May 21, 2015
sorextee:

Good points, the problem with blackberry Is the keeping churning out phones with outdated specs, unable to sell bb10 OS to the public, a lot of people don't even know about QNX software BB are now using. And finally, lack of popular apps found on other platforms. Yes, am aware you can run android apps on berry platform, it just dosen't run as well as native apps midst of the time, and off course no google apps.. Its all well an good telling people how secure your devices are, that may interest business professionals, and those who are serious about their privacy, unfortunately for BB this is a small minority. I still think bb10 is the most efficient OS out there, for me personally Q10 for work, One plus one for weekend browsing.. unfortunately for BB the boat has long sailed.
Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by sorextee(m): 4:52pm On May 21, 2015
meaning
hyuga:

Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by sorextee(m): 5:01pm On May 21, 2015
true talk there sha, they are lacking, when it comes to apps, unlike the android and ios..... take candy crush for example, being a borrowed app, i cant sync my progress to fb, using normal data, except via wifi... most android apps, amazon, etc, must be connected via wifi im more concerned bout security (maybe cos of where i work), thats why we all stick with bb, in our office...
Baroba:

Good points, the problem with blackberry Is the keeping churning out phones with outdated specs, unable to sell bb10 OS to the public, a lot of people don't even know about QNX software BB are now using. And finally, lack of popular apps found on other platforms. Its all well an good telling people how secure your devices are, that may interest business professionals, and those who are serious about their privacy, unfortunately for BB this is a small minority. I still think bb10 is the most efficient OS out there, unfortunately for BB the boat has long sailed.
Re: Blackberry Smartphone Will arise again says CEO by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:46pm On May 21, 2015
Team Android

(1) (Reply)

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! Blackberry Venice Set To Launch This November. / Innjoo One & Their Silly Pranks / Best Android Screen Recorder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.