Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Mini Cooper Repair - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Mini Cooper Repair (3391 Views)

Convertible/Coupe RIDES: (BMW..Benz..Mustang..Dodge..Lambo..Camaro..Mini) & more / ########### Clean Tokunbo Mini Cooper....for Sale / Price Of Mini Cooper In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mini Cooper Repair by leadro(m): 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2009
hello nairalanders. i have a small problem, i have a mini cooper in lagos and its having problems with thier brainbox. does anyone know where i can get them fixed without spending my entire life savings (i got a lebanese dude who asked me to pay him 400k 4 consultancy b4 he would look at it)?
any [/b]USEFUL[b] post is highly appreciated. thanks
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by promise72(m): 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2009
400k just to look at a Mini Cooper problem? Na wa o. I smell a rip off.

Mini is a BMW product and originally from British. So i would advise you to find a VERY COMPETENT BMW or JAGUAR Technician to check it out.

How about Cascharis? Dont know too much of them.

Also i will advise to to fully explain the problem here in the forum. Siena, or other in house experts might know whats the issue.

Good luck.
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by Martins00(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2009
leadro:

hello nairalanders. i have a small problem, i have a mini cooper in lagos and its having problems with thier brainbox. does anyone know where i can get them fixed without spending my entire life savings (i got a lebanese dude who asked me to pay him 400k 4 consultancy b4 he would look at it)?

400k for consultancy? Thats outrageous!!!

That dude is obviously a scammer! What exactly is the problem? I could talk to my german friend who is a Mechanic about it.
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by cibilola(f): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2009
Fellow compatriot, I feel for you. I currently own a Mini Cooper S Jcw, a very highly tune vehicle. I would suggest that you do not part with any of your money whilst seeking advice regarding the conundrum. Are you definitely sure that the predicament relates to the ECU? If this is the case I would suggest you purchase a replacement part from abroad. Further more why purchase such a vehicle when residing in Nigeria?, surely you must have been aware that aquiring part would be an issue.
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by sultaan(m): 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2009
This brain box issues car owners have in Naija isway too common because everything they(mechs) can't see is attributed to brain box. pull the DTC and post here.

Then disconnect your battery overnite to reset PCM.

By the way what is wrong with your mini when you start it?
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by Midas02(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2009
If you are going to spend 400K you might as well spend it well. For 400K you can fly Siena down from london for a week to fix your Mini cooper and still have time for his own fun! (if he agrees not to charge you for labor) grin Maybe you should talk to Siena (He might do it as a publicity stunt tongue). There is nothing more british than a Mini Cooper and Siena will be able to help. Wish you luck.
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by leadro(m): 12:00am On Feb 14, 2009
thanks my people. my aunt bought it and sent the car to me and trust naija boy,
i no fit look gift horse say no grin.
i'll get the codes and also try coscharis if i have to.
midas baba, i no sure say i fit pay siena bill at the end of the day but if he's up to returning to naija i'll buy him a beer for his advice.
siena, whats your drink?
thanks guys.
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 14, 2009
^^^ If you wanted me to come down, I certainly would - I've done similar trips within Europe, why not Nigeria?
Obviously, I'll need as much detail as you can furnish me with.

Will be epic.

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 15, 2009
What exactly is wrong with you Mini -

It doesn't run? Or it runs badly?

DeltaVAGTM
Re: Mini Cooper Repair by ejunkie(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
leadro: hello nairalanders. i have a small problem, i have a mini cooper in lagos and its having problems with thier brainbox. does anyone know where i can get them fixed without spending my entire life savings (i got a lebanese dude who asked me to pay him 400k 4 consultancy b4 he would look at it)?

Hey, Talk to CY 08023127467 (Redline Autos, Opebi) or Seyi ( 08023127467 Speedlane). For CY, you would need to go to his Auto Shop. Seyi does house calls or the shop. Goodluck!

What year is your Mini by the way?

(1) (Reply)

THE BIGGEST CAR SALE JUST GOT BIGGER: KIA MOTORS!! / Fear Not Automobiles 08080943199 / Neat Honda ADIDAS 4 Sale @ 650k 08169446319

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.