Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

How do you deal with Female-female Aggression? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How do you deal with Female-female Aggression? (1090 Views)

My Male Cauc With Female Rott Produces Pupies In PH. Pups Avalable / The Rundown On Dog Aggression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do you deal with Female-female Aggression? by knyte(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2015
Well this is a personal experience and its been going for a while between my female rottweiler who is about 7mnths old and my female Gsd who is a yr and half
When the female rott was brought in as a puppy, i made sure she was well accepted into the pack cos i also have a male rottweiler too(rex) and there has been no problem since then until few wks back when my Gsd whelped and ever since my female rott has always bin on attack mode towards her. At first I thought it was caused by her coming on heat(yea she got her first heat at 6mnths) but then it persisted and till now i have to keep both of them totally separated.
Read some things online but am still not satisfied yet but from the looks of it its my female rott that starts the trouble most times before I get in between. So I would like to knw from those who have experienced such hpw they handled it? Do I keep both of them separated for life or they can still mingle in a way u propose.
Thanks
Re: How do you deal with Female-female Aggression? by Prodeegee(m): 7:12pm On May 20, 2015
knyte:
Well this is a personal experience and its been going for a while between my female rottweiler who is about 7mnths old and my female Gsd who is a yr and half
When the female rott was brought in as a puppy, i made sure she was well accepted into the pack cos i also have a male rottweiler too(rex) and there has been no problem since then until few wks back when my Gsd whelped and ever since my female rott has always bin on attack mode towards her. At first I thought it was caused by her coming on heat(yea she got her first heat at 6mnths) but then it persisted and till now i have to keep both of them totally separated.
Read some things online but am still not satisfied yet but from the looks of it its my female rott that starts the trouble most times before I get in between. So I would like to knw from those who have experienced such hpw they handled it? Do I keep both of them separated for life or they can still mingle in a way u propose.
Thanks
Make the topic look like a question and not a solution sir.
Re: How do you deal with Female-female Aggression? by knyte(m): 9:34pm On May 20, 2015
Prodeegee:

Make the topic look like a question and not a solution sir.
Gracias
Re: How do you deal with Female-female Aggression? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:24am On May 21, 2015
To be honest I experience such problem too,and t started wth my female rottweiller, had to sell her off for that reason,but she had already taught some females that act,
Now my dogs don't condone any adult in their midst,though they are very good with puppies,and no issues with any puppy that grows n the kennel,
But generally now I don't allow all my females loose together,there are some that agrees and plays together v well,and there are some that has developed a natural hatred for demselves.
Same applies to the males,they agree as puppies but as they grow they want a fight of who s the pack leader,so now I don't let 2 males loose together @ sametime,its safest for me that way.
I have experienced dogs kill themselves in my friend's kennel and I don't want to ever see such happen in my kennel.
Though I read an article lately about how to handle all that,I still don't want to believe it can work in my kennel.
The enmity started wth one eatng from another one's plate as they know their plates
Here's a link to the article,see if it can help you

The Rundown on Aggression
When people ask me for help with their dogs, I ask them to tell me what they think the problem is. Quite often, they immediately diagnose aggression. “My dog is aggressive on the walk.” “My dog is aggressive around food.” “My dog is aggressive all the time.”
Read More>> http:///mYjsNV
Re: How do you deal with Female-female Aggression? by knyte(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:
To be honest I experience such problem too,and t started wth my female rottweiller, had to sell her off for that reason,but she had already taught some females that act,
Now my dogs don't condone any adult in their midst,though they are very good with puppies,and no issues with any puppy that grows n the kennel,
But generally now I don't allow all my females loose together,there are some that agrees and plays together v well,and there are some that has developed a natural hatred for demselves.
Same applies to the males,they agree as puppies but as they grow they want a fight of who s the pack leader,so now I don't let 2 males loose together @ sametime,its safest for me that way.
I have experienced dogs kill themselves in my friend's kennel and I don't want to ever see such happen in my kennel.
Though I read an article lately about how to handle all that,I still don't want to believe it can work in my kennel.
The enmity started wth one eatng from another one's plate as they know their plates
Here's a link to the article,see if it can help you

The Rundown on Aggression
When people ask me for help with their dogs, I ask them to tell me what they think the problem is. Quite often, they immediately diagnose aggression. “My dog is aggressive on the walk.” “My dog is aggressive around food.” “My dog is aggressive all the time.”
Read More>> http:///mYjsNV
Yea just as you pointed I think mine started that way,the rottie finishing her food and when I release dem in the evening she rushes into the Gsd's cage to eat her remaining food up too.
So I guess it later built up to be This. I think I'll just keep them apart than gamble on weather they wld become frnds again or nt. Thanks, deres smtin wrong with the link u posted
Re: How do you deal with Female-female Aggression? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:51pm On May 21, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Imported Chow Chow For Sale In PH / 2 Months Old Female Gsd Puppy For Sale / Top 10 Guards Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.