Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,051 members, 7,810,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). (2195 Views)

Young Professor Flops In Kogi State University Lecture Thearter / Photo Of Overcrowded Lecture Hall In UNN / See How Some University Lecture Room Looks Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 9:28pm On May 20, 2015
This is a lecture hall in University of Jos popularly know as A1. The lecture hall is so crowded that the Professor don't even have enough space to move he's feet.
With out exaggerating , the air coming out of this hall is over 50 degree celcius . Rumour also has it that there are GP sucking demons in this hall.

Cc:
Fynestboi
Olawababs
Richies
Seun
Lalasticlala

Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 9:30pm On May 20, 2015
another pic

Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2015
This is another lecture hall,
Room 185...the hall has a capacity of 500 students but over 1000 students are expected to be receiving lecture in this hall at a time which is impossible, except through rumour and speculation since there is no public address system. The student closest to the lecturer tell the student closest to him/her the information and he/she tells it to the next student, and the chain continues until the information gets to those standing by the doors and windows.

Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 9:49pm On May 20, 2015
more

Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by psucc(m): 9:55pm On May 20, 2015
Since there is no public address system, the student can do with sound wave/echo system. Lools

But all these government institutions do receive annually, subventions and salaries are not drawn from there. Why are some so inhumane?
Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by Mrbigman1(m): 10:03pm On May 20, 2015
The only solution to this I more universities, because if 5000 students meet ur expected scores, u'd admit them. When more better universities strings up and better, all this would reduce gradually.

Everyone who schooled in Nija passed through this in Year one.

So no biggie unless say no be year one, den they would Need Jesus asap
Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 10:05pm On May 20, 2015
another

Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 10:09pm On May 20, 2015
Another

Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 10:16pm On May 20, 2015
Mrbigman1:
The only solution to this I more universities, because if 5000 students meet ur expected scores, u'd admit them. When more better universities strings up and better, all this would reduce gradually.

Everyone who schooled in Nija passed through this in Year one.

So no biggie unless say no be year one, den they would Need Jesus asap
yea...they are year one students.
But it is still appalling that any university student (year 1 or final year) could be allowed to study in this kind of condition.
And about building more universities, is that not compounding the problem.
I think a better approach will be to fortify the existing ones with more lecture rooms, labs, equipment, and lecturers...instead of building more (substandard) universities and continue producing unemployable graduates.
Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2015
psucc:
Since there is no public address system, the student can do with sound wave/echo system. Lools

lolz
See Wetin too much physics d cause.
Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by Mrbigman1(m): 10:33pm On May 20, 2015
obiZEAL:

yea...they are year one students.
But it is still appalling that any university student (year 1 or final year) could be allowed to study in this kind of condition.
And about building more universities, is that not compounding the problem.
I think a better approach will be to fortify the existing ones with more lecture rooms, labs, equipment, and lecturers...instead of building more (substandard) universities and continue producing unemployable graduates.

Nice idea but see eh, I don teach during my nysc, the thing hard pass diamond.

No teacher would wanna teach more than 20 students in each class.

Secondly, the university structure might not be that magnificent but what kinda knowledge is exchanging heads?
How many labs and libs, how easy is it accessible to students and what's students zeal to learn?
These are four questions university admin need to put in place to grow.

As for building of new universities, no uni will be built today and become world greatest, they start from scratch, groom dia own Doctors and professors then create a standard.

Look and Unizik, Futa and Fut mina, look how soon dey wia created and how fast they are competing, if people of your school of thought occupied that seat, we'd have just one university in every region.

We have a timing population which are more of youth and they almost crave for higher education, if you dnt build new ones, one dey, people will admit dia selves and u Wnt have a choice.

My 0.1 Kobo idea
Re: Alarming State Of A Federal University Lecture Hall(picture). by obiZEAL(m): 10:48pm On May 20, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Nice idea but see eh, I don teach during my nysc, the thing hard pass diamond.

No teacher would wanna teach more than 20 students in each class.

Secondly, the university structure might not be that magnificent but what kinda knowledge is exchanging heads?
How many labs and libs, how easy is it accessible to students and what's students zeal to learn?
These are four questions university admin need to put in place to grow.

As for building of new universities, no uni will be built today and become world greatest, they start from scratch, groom dia own Doctors and professors then create a standard.

Look and Unizik, Futa and Fut mina, look how soon dey wia created and how fast they are competing, if people of your school of thought occupied that seat, we'd have just one university in every region.

We have a timing population which are more of youth and they almost crave for higher education, if you dnt build new ones, one dey, people will admit dia selves and u Wnt have a choice.

My 0.1 Kobo idea
true sha...but I still stick to standardizing the existing ones first.
A University is not a secondary school, so if properly managed, it will accommodate almost, if not every qualified student who applies.
about the labs and libraries,they will all fall in place with the standardization approach..
And for those ones not will to learn, just two words; 'withdraw them' , no time...

(1) (Reply)

GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY FOR BENIN REPUBLIC(Cotonou) UNIVERSITIES DEGREE ADMISSION SEE / Uniport Reopens School Fees Portal For Two Weeks / IMSU Releases Matriculation Numbers For 2016/2017 Academic Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.