Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

SNB Sports: Osaze Odemwingie Thrilled To Make History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / SNB Sports: Osaze Odemwingie Thrilled To Make History (838 Views)

Osaze Odemwingie And Wife Welcome Their Third Child / Photo:: Woman Who Defrauded Osaze Odemwingie, Others Of £130,000 Gets Jailed / Osaze Odemwingie Campaigns For Osagie Ize-Iyamu (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SNB Sports: Osaze Odemwingie Thrilled To Make History by love2nicee: 2:15am On May 21, 2015
Osaze Odemwingie says he feels honoured to be playing a part in a momentous era in Stoke City’s history, Stoke Sentinel reports.

The popular winger has returned from long-term injury in the nick of time to make a series of late-season cameos to help Stoke break several club records.

Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Burnley sealed ninth spot for a second successive season and nudged Stoke past 50 points for the first time in the Premier League.

“The most important thing is always the group,” said Odemwingie, “and I’m very happy I could make it back and that the gaffer welcomed me back.

“Two seasons with back-to-back top-10 finishes is fantastic. The players have achieved what nobody has achieved and those are the things you want to hear.

“We are very happy and we are congratulating each other.

“It’s great that I’m able to make a minor contribution to a time which we as players will never forget, when we are helping to lay foundations for the club.

“This is probably my last few years in football and this is something I will take into my retirement.

“This is a memorable time for the team. They are not just getting results, but also pleasing supporters with top-class football that gets them excited.

“Hopefully one day, when Stoke City go to Europe and win cups, they will not forget us.”

More immediately, meanwhile, Odemwingie would love to round off his injury-ravaged season with a first goal in Sunday’s final home game against Liverpool (3pm).

“I still wish that comes this season,” he hoped.”If not, it’s my first season without a goal since I was five years old!”

Odemwingie, sidelined in late August with a cruciate knee ligament injury, has now stacked up more than an hour’s playing time after his fourth appearance from the substitutes’ bench at Burnley last Saturday came as early as the 59th minute.

“For me, the season is just starting,” the Nigerian international reasoned, “and I wish it was September.

“I won’t have a proper summer because I have to keep on top of my health, keep working hard and keep training because I have missed so many months.

“It will take time to get back to my best again, but I feel all right.

“The speed is there, but the endurance is not as good.

“But that will come in time and I have hinted to the gaffer to give me more time on the pitch.”

http://sabi9ja..com/2015/05/snb-sports-osaze-odemwingie-thrilled-to.html

Re: SNB Sports: Osaze Odemwingie Thrilled To Make History by Nobody: 8:53am On May 21, 2015
Ok congrat
Re: SNB Sports: Osaze Odemwingie Thrilled To Make History by seankay(m): 1:52pm On May 21, 2015
Ha! Osaze still dey play ball? I no know o

(1) (Reply)

IS Having Sex Really Bad For An Athlete Before A Game / Arsene Wenger Is Better Than Jose Mourinho - See New Club Managers' Ranking / Robin Van Persie Undergoes Fenerbahce Medical After Clubs Agree £4.7m Deal (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.