Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,279 members, 7,957,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Voice Of A Fashion Novice - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Voice Of A Fashion Novice (535 Views)

The Holy Book Of Pattern Makers (what You Won't Be Told In A Fashion School ) / How To Start A Fashion Blog. / Please Help A Fashion Designer In Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Voice Of A Fashion Novice by kayleyons(f): 8:42am On May 21, 2015
A host of designers have recently forayed into the fashion world with real gusto, offering a myriad of sartorial options. A few of these novices seem to have struck the balance between delivering visual appeal with a high quotient of wearability, and even fewer have risen to the fore over a short span of time. Among these is Ansab Jahangir, who, after having begun designing for her friends and family seven years ago, formally launched her studio and Eid collection in Defense, Karachi on May 16.

Designing clothes, Jahangir says, comes naturally to her as she set foot in it at the age of 17. She says her design philosophy involves accentuating traditional work with modern cuts, giving her clients a fresh take on ethnic looks. “I draw inspiration from nature for my designs … you will come across a lot of florals in my collection,” says the designer, whose label mainly became known through positive word-of-mouth in the metropolis.

[img]http://i1.tribune.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/889555-image-1432138726-810-640x480.JPG[/img]
http://www.kissydress.co.uk/short-mini-prom-dresses-online

With tasteful embellishments and well-tailored cuts, Jahangir’s creations range from prêt to luxury prêt to couture to bridals, which she ventured into this year. Exuding femininity, her work includes intricate threadwork on chaddars, embroidered silk kurtas and prêt kurtas in both bright and muted tones. The collection boasts some trendy cuts on luxe fabric and includes short angharkas, a yellow-fringed jacket and pants with work.

Since she had been designing clothes on a smaller-scale for a few years prior to opening her studio, she used this time to gauge the market for designer-wear and trends. Of her findings, she shares, “I found that Pakistani fashionistas are constantly in search of new trends and patterns and are way more fashion-forward than I expected.”

For brides this season, she feels dominant trends would include net jackets with organza dupattas, paired with classic straight shirts and regal farshi ghararas. “Opulent pearls, Swarovski crystals and zardozi embellishments will be widely seen along with the continuance of the lehenga-choli trend.” Her personal favourites from her collection are the short-hemline jackets that can be paired with pants or jeans for an edgy look.

Jahangir has chosen Sana Ansari as the face of the brand and has done two shoots with her for her label. Titled ‘Reminiscing paradise’, the first shoot for her bridal collection was done by Muzi Sufi. With a building site as their choice of location, it was interesting to see the formal clothes juxtaposed with a rugged backdrop. “The concept behind this shoot is that a girl can stand out from her surroundings through what she chooses to wear, the rugged landscape does not shackle her,” explains Jahangir. The second shoot was recently done for her Eid collection.

http://www.kissydress.co.uk/backless-prom-dresses

(1) (Reply)

Top Fashion Designers In The World / Starmon Clothing's / How Well Do You Knw Linen & Pure Cotton For Polo Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.