Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk (2609 Views)

How My Blood Sister Treated My Wife! What Should I Do? / (photos) See How A Dog Save A Hopeless Child In Brazil / How Lady Saved A Chronic Drunk's Life In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Akbee(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2015
-Whilst the President inhabits the
luxurious surroundings of the Oval
Office and flies aboard Air Force
One, his half-brother George
Obama lives in a notorious African
slum
-George Obama has battled
addictions to drink and drugs for
most of his life at the same time as
his relative has enjoyed a meteoric
rise to power
The 30-year-old, who was once
hooked on cocaine, says that his
surname is frequently a burden to
him

As a tall, strangely familiar figure
leaves his one-room shack in a
notorious African slum this week, a
few people jokingly call out to him:
‘Mister President! Mister President!’
Heading for breakfast through his junk-
strewn yard, stepping over streams of
sewage, the appearance of this slim,
angular man prompts giggles and
pointing from children in rags playing
in the muck.
The man’s name is George Hussein
Obama and his half-brother is Barack
Hussein Obama, Kenya’s most famous
son, the first black President of the
U.S. and the most powerful man in the
world.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2186782/Obamas-slumdog-brother-Meet-hopeless-drunk-Nairobi-shanty-town-U-S-Presidents-BROTHER.html

Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by xreal: 10:59am On May 21, 2015
source pls.
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Akbee(m): 11:06am On May 21, 2015
1.George Obama pictured relaxing in the slum
The two men may share the same
father, but while Barack Obama was
born in Hawaii to his father’s American
second wife, George — born in Kenya
— was the product of Obama Senior’s
fourth marriage.
Today, while Barack entertains at the
White House, flies aboard Air Force
One and is a friend of film stars and
royalty, George, 30, is to be found
slumped in his corrugated iron shack
which even fellow slum-dwellers regard
as a hovel.
George has also written a memoir,
called Homeland. Published in 2012, it
details how he turned his back on a
middle-class Kenyan upbringing to live
among the desperately poor in
Nairobi’s infamous slums. The book’s
precis tell us: ‘George chooses to live
in the Nairobi ghetto, where he works
to help the ghetto-dwellers, and
especially the slum kids, overcome the
challenges surrounding their lives.’
And the book quotes George thus: ‘My
brother has risen to be the leader of
the most powerful country in the world.
Here in Kenya, my aim is to be a
leader among the poorest people on
Earth: those who live in the slums.’
In what sounds like the script for a
Hollywood film, he claims to have been
the driving force behind the
transformation of a slum football team
into one of the top sides in Kenya,
known as ‘Obama’s champs’.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2186782/Obamas-slumdog-brother-Meet-hopeless-drunk-Nairobi-shanty-town-U-S-Presidents-BROTHER.html

Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Akbee(m): 11:09am On May 21, 2015
3.The Huruma slum of Nairobi which is
scarred by alcoholism, drug addiction
and violence - and is where the
President of the United States' brother
lives in squalor
4.Obama during one of his presidential campaigns
!
Such, apparently, is his devotion to
good works that many Kenyans want
George to stand for President, believing
anyone sharing the name and blood of
the most powerful politician on the
planet can transform their lives.
But, as I discovered, this may prove
beyond George. Indeed, standing — let
alone talking much sense or walking in
a straight line — is tricky for the U.S.
President’s brother much of the time,
due to his chronic addiction to drink
and years of drug abuse.
Nor is there anything heroic and
altruistic about his motives for living in
the slums. His principal reason is that
the potent local moonshine is cheap
and readily available here, as is
cocaine, heroin and marijuana.
Clearly following the dictum that the
best place to hide a tree is in a forest,
George’s decision to settle in a slum
called Huruma — which is scarred by
alcoholism, drug addiction and violence
— means his own destructive
behaviour attracts little attention.
Although he claims not to be using
heroin or cocaine, George now spends
his time drinking what locals call
Chang’aa — a spirit distilled with maize
and spiked with chemicals — from the
moment he wakes to the moment he
slips into unconsciousness.
Laced with ethanol, embalming fluid or
battery acid to give it more kick, this
substance is regularly blamed for
causing blindness and death when the
criminal syndicates behind the trade
mix it wrongly.
A glass costs about 10p and, after just
five small shots, even hardened
drinkers can barely remember their
own name. Regular users suffer liver
and kidney failure, as well as mental
impairment known as ‘wet brain'

Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Lilimax(f): 11:13am On May 21, 2015
[The guy choose the lifestyle by becoming a drunk.
It is none of President Obama's problem embarassed

1 Like

Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Lilimax(f): 11:14am On May 21, 2015
xreal:
source pls.
I read this article sometime ago in Dailymail.co.uk
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by hypertension(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2015
wike for president 2019
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Akbee(m): 11:17am On May 21, 2015
More pictures:
Residents of Nairobi's Huruma move
along the filthy streets of the
dangerous slum

Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by SAMBARRY: 11:58am On May 21, 2015
Lilimax:
I taya o!
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Akbee(m): 12:20pm On May 21, 2015
Lilimax:
then who took say na him problem be that?
don't u know that his political opponents cud have used that to gain an edge over him if they had access to such information before his re election?
pls do try as much as possible to steer clear of sum threads..Some threads ain't for everybody.
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Lilimax(f): 12:42pm On May 21, 2015
Akbee:

don't u know that his political opponents cud have used that to gain an edge over him if they had access to such information before his re election?
pls do try as much as possible to steer clear of sum threads..Some threads ain't for everybody.
Says who undecided? I can comment on any thread I want on nairaland so long I did not abuse or insult anybody.
Again, this your topic is not new; it has been written since two years ago on Dailymail if you did not know. smiley
So it's no issue embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Akbee(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2015
Lilimax:

Says who undecided? I can comment on any thread I want on nairaland so long I did not abuse or insult anybody.
Again, this your topic is not new; it has been written since two years ago on Dailymail if you did not know. smiley
So it's no issue embarassed
I haven't laid claim to it..its obvious u just wanted to be noticed.
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Lilimax(f): 1:00pm On May 21, 2015
Akbee:

I haven't laid claim to it..its obvious u just wanted to be noticed.
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 21, 2015
Obama knows that if he associates with him, he'll bring nothing but scandal that's why he's avoiding him. Emmanuel adebayor is suffering today because of this
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Akbee(m): 1:03pm On May 21, 2015
lofty900:
Obama knows that if he associates with him, he'll bring nothing but scandal that's why he's avoiding him. Emmanuel adebayor is suffering today because of this
come on, this is Africa where family ties abound even between distance cousins.
this is Africa where every member of the family is expected to uphold the saying"all for one and one for all'.
its not really logical for one to compare the Obama cases to the Tottenham player's twitter stories cos they ain't that similar.
while the former is the story of a man who has continuously feigned ignorance of the existence of his folks for nothing,the latter tells the story of a man who bought some pairs of shoes for his folks when they had none only for them to kick him with those same pairs.
I'm n advocate of self help n independent thinking/judgement.I don't cordon lazy too.A matured man is expected to think logically n make wise decisions in order to live a comfortable life n not survive on the oxygen of relatives n friends.George Obama is a disappointment to his family members especially Obama whose political may hang in the balance of his family life.
Barack Obama's extended family isn't n exception here cos he is n Africa to the bone.
u wrote that its better for Obama not to associate Himself with him as Adebayo is crying today cos he did.Unfortunately,u failed to tk cognizance of the fact that his critics n political opponents cud have used that to score cheap political goals by painting the picture of a man who cares less about the kind of life his close blood live.
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 21, 2015
Akbee:

this story is an old story, I've known about it since
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Akbee(m): 1:07pm On May 21, 2015
lofty900:
this story is an old story, I've known about it since
go on dude..naija wikipedia
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 21, 2015
Heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: Meet Obama's Blood Brother,George Obama Who Is A Hopeless Drunk by robosky02(m): 1:29pm On May 21, 2015
softysparky:
Heaven helps those who help themselves.

like obama helped himself....

(1) (Reply)

Pls Discuss. Does Beating A Child Make Them Live Right? / Linda Ikeja's Advice To The Ladies / 10 Cute Husband and Wife Photos That Made Me Hungry To Marry (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.