Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Diet Chart For Diabetic Patients - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Diet Chart For Diabetic Patients (1305 Views)

How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / PHOTOS: Unknown Patients At National Hospital, Abuja / Product Offer # 5: Penta Sure DM For Diabetic Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diet Chart For Diabetic Patients by Nobody: 11:04am On May 21, 2015
Before I go on to what I want to say, I need to let you know that there is NO SUCH THING AS A DIABETIC DIET! The diabetic diet is as far as I am concerned a HEALTHY DIET.

A lot of you out there might be living with Diabetes mellitus or you know someone who does. It can be a big deal getting the right meal to keep the blood sugar low.

I hope you find the 7 Day Diet Plan useful:

NUMBERS OF DAYS

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

DAY1

Breakfast – 1 cup of Skimmed Milk, 1 cup of bran flakes (different brands sold in the supermarket) and 1 medium sized banana (Yoruba ones preferrably)

Lunch – 100gm of boiled brown/white rice with vegetable sauce and grilled fish, 1 small sized apple

Dinner – A bowl of salad (cabbage, lettuce, sliced tomatoes) +/- a dash of salad cream

DAY2

Breakfast – 2 to 4 slices of whole wheat bread, 1 cup of skimmed milk +/- 50gm of grapes

Lunch – 100gm of beans porridge and a small bowl of ‘Pap’

Dinner – 5 pieces of medium sized Garden eggs and 1 cup of skimmed milk (optional)

DAY3

Breakfast – 1/2 cup of cooked white oatmeal, 50 gms of dried fruits, 1 cup of skimmed milk

Lunch – 100gm of fried rice, grilled skinned chicken, drinking water

Dinner – 1 wrap of moi moi or Agidi/Eko with Fish stew.

DAY4

Breakfast – 100gm of boiled spaghetti and grilled fish sauce,

Lunch – 1 ‘fist’ size of wheat with vegetable soup, 1 apple

Dinner – 1/2 cucumber and 1 cup of skimmed milk

DAY5

Breakfast – 2 slices of wheat bread with 1 medium sized scrambled egg, 1 cup of grapefruit or skimmed milk

Lunch – 2 small wraps of ‘Amala’ with Ewedu soup or any other

Dinner – Boiled plantain(unripe or not too ripe) with vegetable sauce

DAY6

Breakfast – 100gm of boiled Irish potatoes with vegetables and grilled fish

Lunch – 100gm of jollof rice with skinned chicken, small bowl of mixed fruit

Dinner – a hot bowl of white oats and 1 apple

§

DAY7

Breakfast – 1 bowl of cereal, mixed fruits

Lunch – 1 ‘fist’- size of wheat with vegetable soup

Dinner – vegetable salad and 1 cup of skimmed milk

Read more http://www.globewatchpharm.org/article/1642787845/DIET_CHART_FOR_DIABETIC_PATIENTS
Re: Diet Chart For Diabetic Patients by Valentinothomas: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2023
A1cguide provides comprehensive information and guidance on diabetes-related issues, including foreskin cracking. Diabetes can contribute to foreskin cracking due to compromised skin health. The website offers insights into the causes, symptoms, and management of this condition. You can find more details about inflammatory disorders on its original website.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Requirements For Setting Up A Private Hospital In Lagos? / Anti-ageing Care With Gnld Supplements / 10-year-old World's Heaviest Boy Quits School As He Finds It Very Hard To Walk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.