Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,264 members, 7,957,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:46 PM

Diet Chart For Diabetic Patients - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Diet Chart For Diabetic Patients (1355 Views)

How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / PHOTOS: Unknown Patients At National Hospital, Abuja / Product Offer # 5: Penta Sure DM For Diabetic Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diet Chart For Diabetic Patients by Nobody: 11:04am On May 21, 2015
Before I go on to what I want to say, I need to let you know that there is NO SUCH THING AS A DIABETIC DIET! The diabetic diet is as far as I am concerned a HEALTHY DIET.

A lot of you out there might be living with Diabetes mellitus or you know someone who does. It can be a big deal getting the right meal to keep the blood sugar low.

I hope you find the 7 Day Diet Plan useful:

NUMBERS OF DAYS

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

DAY1

Breakfast – 1 cup of Skimmed Milk, 1 cup of bran flakes (different brands sold in the supermarket) and 1 medium sized banana (Yoruba ones preferrably)

Lunch – 100gm of boiled brown/white rice with vegetable sauce and grilled fish, 1 small sized apple

Dinner – A bowl of salad (cabbage, lettuce, sliced tomatoes) +/- a dash of salad cream

DAY2

Breakfast – 2 to 4 slices of whole wheat bread, 1 cup of skimmed milk +/- 50gm of grapes

Lunch – 100gm of beans porridge and a small bowl of ‘Pap’

Dinner – 5 pieces of medium sized Garden eggs and 1 cup of skimmed milk (optional)

DAY3

Breakfast – 1/2 cup of cooked white oatmeal, 50 gms of dried fruits, 1 cup of skimmed milk

Lunch – 100gm of fried rice, grilled skinned chicken, drinking water

Dinner – 1 wrap of moi moi or Agidi/Eko with Fish stew.

DAY4

Breakfast – 100gm of boiled spaghetti and grilled fish sauce,

Lunch – 1 ‘fist’ size of wheat with vegetable soup, 1 apple

Dinner – 1/2 cucumber and 1 cup of skimmed milk

DAY5

Breakfast – 2 slices of wheat bread with 1 medium sized scrambled egg, 1 cup of grapefruit or skimmed milk

Lunch – 2 small wraps of ‘Amala’ with Ewedu soup or any other

Dinner – Boiled plantain(unripe or not too ripe) with vegetable sauce

DAY6

Breakfast – 100gm of boiled Irish potatoes with vegetables and grilled fish

Lunch – 100gm of jollof rice with skinned chicken, small bowl of mixed fruit

Dinner – a hot bowl of white oats and 1 apple

§

DAY7

Breakfast – 1 bowl of cereal, mixed fruits

Lunch – 1 ‘fist’- size of wheat with vegetable soup

Dinner – vegetable salad and 1 cup of skimmed milk

Read more http://www.globewatchpharm.org/article/1642787845/DIET_CHART_FOR_DIABETIC_PATIENTS

(1) (Reply)

The Shocking Truth About Aspirin / Condom Myths And Unprotected Sex! / 20 Signs Of Cancer That Most Women Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.