Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

"india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" (1303 Views)

See What I Found Inside A Soft Drink / We're Celebrating! / Vodka Kick (VK) Ready To Drink Soft Drink In Different Flavours Orange, Ice, Moj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by SeanT21(f): 6:20am On Feb 12, 2009
"Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India's Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine."

"Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink – called "gau jal", or "cow water" – in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

"Mr Prakash said his drink, by contrast, was made mainly of cow urine, mixed with a few medicinal and ayurvedic herbs. He said it would be "cheap", but declined to give further details about its price or ingredients until it was officially launched.

He insisted, however, that it would be able to compete with the American cola brands, even with their enormous advertising budgets. "We're going to give them good competition as our drink is good for mankind," he said. "We may also think of exporting it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/article5707554.ece

DISGUSTING!! lipsrsealed
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by tollu: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2009
This has got to be a frigging joke.
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by SeanT21(f): 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2009
nope,they are serious!!
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by ifyalways(f): 2:24pm On Feb 14, 2009
hehe
goodluck to them cheesy
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by spikedcylinder: 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2009
I have a wealthy uncle and him and his wife swear to drink their own urine every morning. I'm sure they'd be number one importers of this drink

He he he he. . . .  grin grin
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by hackney(m): 2:31am On Mar 13, 2009
Urine is love potion as i heard ooo! better not drink cow urine or you will find urself one day flirting with one.
That's why if any girl serves me food in a very short skirt im not eating
wink wink wink wink

That your uncle must be in love with himself by now
LMAO
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by nycbaby: 6:55am On Mar 22, 2009
yuck
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by CrazyMan(m): 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2009
*Sighs*
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by Epi: 12:13am On Apr 21, 2009
I was talking to Sohba (an old Indian friend) today and she said you are so correct. In fact, some parts of India are selling urine in a small bottle. Sounds healthy but lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided

1love
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by spikedcylinder: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2009
How does it sound healthy?
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by amebo22: 7:17am On May 01, 2009
Whether the story is true or not it boils down to the fact that we are recycling. it has been foreseen that in years to come there would be scarcity of water and we would have to turn to waste, Human waste for that matter, Some countries have already started using it though not for drinking at this stage , i read an article about a State already mixing it with ground water , hmmmmmmmmmmmm, This are issues we need to start foccussing on on the thread with the environmental issues so that we can better educate ourselves and know what going on in our surroundings home and abroad,
this cow urine now before you know it ,,they will package give it one fantastic name and send it to a developing country for trial and to them they will think its one new product , you all know ow we roll now with foreign products, So cut long story short thanks for the insight at poster, Our environment needs attention gabbage in gabbage out , its still a cycle since its not going anywhere,
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by idupaul: 7:24am On May 01, 2009
this story dont hold water for me
Re: "india To Launch Cow Urine As Soft Drink (no, We're Not Taking The P***)" by amebo22: 7:28am On May 01, 2009
incase you are not aware human urine is bin sold abroad as well though it has not been recorded that it is used for driinking but actually used by individuals for stuff i would rather not mention online, the whole point i think is that we should beware that all.

(1) (Reply)

As A Man, Can You Marry A Woman You Are So Much In Love With But Can't Cook? / Kindly Say Someting On This Coca Cola Generation / Price Of Palm Oil Crashes From 12000 To 6000 For 25 Litres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.