Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:38 AM

Urgent Questions On Car Maintenance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Questions On Car Maintenance (663 Views)

5 Ways Nigerians Can Save Money On Car Repairs / 6 Ways To Save Money On Car Expenses / 5 Easy Car Maintenance Tips For Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Questions On Car Maintenance by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 21, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have some questions I need answered:

1. Can I use a fuel injector cleaner with a fuel treatment mixture in my fuel tank fill up at the same time? Will it be harmful or will the effects cancel each other
2. My car requires premium fuel with minimum octane rating of 91. Considering the fact that Nigerian petrol has a low octane rating of 87 and from my little understanding and research I have come to the realization that a lot of the octane boosters being sold in Nigeria cannot even move the octane rating by 1 point, so my question is this -------- can I use 2 bottles of octane boosters in a fuel tank fill up to get a better effect on the octane?

Please respond soon. Thanks
Re: Urgent Questions On Car Maintenance by mayor2013: 5:35pm On May 21, 2015
Do not Use any of the above you have said sir. As for number 1 you would end up clogging up your injectors thereby causing driveability issues
Re: Urgent Questions On Car Maintenance by Nobody: 11:38am On May 23, 2015
mayor2013:
Do not Use any of the above you have said sir. As for number 1 you would end up clogging up your injectors thereby causing driveability issues

Buy my car manuafacturer recomments premium fuel with minimum octane rating of 91 which we do not have here in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Photo: LASTMA Officials Challenge Police For Driving Against Traffic In Lagos / 2003 Landrover Disco2 Gearbox Problem. / See The Bolt EV; The Electric Car For Everyone In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.