Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,693 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary (17397 Views)

Bayelsa Primary School Teachers Strike Indefinitely Over 9 Months unpaid Salary / Guards Deny Ministry’s Staff Access To Office Over Unpaid Salary / BRT Workers Strike Over Unpaid Salaries (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by codedslayer: 8:58am On May 22, 2015
GenIgrigi:
**grins** Aragbashola have forced this gentleman to drink rat poison like his ancestor Awo.

The ediot runaway fool called ojukwu must be crying in his grave now for your stupidity.
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by Decentdamsel(f): 8:59am On May 22, 2015
simplynola:
Why commit suicide? Today you kill yourself, the next day government pays all outstanding salaries and you start watching yours in 3D from heaven.

Its called frustration,my mum is a teacher,so I knw wat it feels lyk for dia salary to b delayed for a week,not to talk of 6 months
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by ogawisdom(m): 9:00am On May 22, 2015
sewentybaba:
7 months salary is just too much for some one without other means of living.

By 7 months d person is finished n owing a lot of ppl n will ve little or no self worth left in him. Living a life dependent solely on salary is too risk n dts hw over 70 percent of nigerian workers live.

D only thing dt could help is subsistence farming for poor workers with grown up children
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by onatisi(m): 9:03am On May 22, 2015
Even buhari has acknowledged the fact that there is no reason why state governors shouldn't pay salaries BECAUSE they have collected all their allocations up to date. When gej said this during campaign in osun, most apc and osun ppl shouted him down saying he is lying but now that buhari has said it they ve all kept silent. NOI ,said she told all state governors to prioritize payment of salaries and to stop paying contractors ,obviously many of them rejected this and continued paying their friends and party members who they had given contracts . All these coupled with the fact that most apc states have borrowed more than necessary for projects which have little meaning or impact on the lives of ppl and now they are servicing and paying back those debts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 9:03am On May 22, 2015
Dear Osun Citizens
This is a period of change and the change is real. Please support your governor ogbeni rauf aregbosola as he is one of your own and a very great protagonist of change. As for the salary issues you all need to bear with the government of Osun State and accept to sacrifice for the betterment of Osun. Your salaries can be paid anytime it is paid and you must accept it, Change is here and change is real,
NB: Anytime you are going hungry please say these two Magic Words, they are all you need as they are even more important than your expected salaries: "Sai buhari, Apc Change".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by simplynola(m): 9:07am On May 22, 2015
Decentdamsel:

Its called frustration,my mum is a teacher,so I knw wat it feels lyk for dia salary to b delayed for a week,not to talk of 6 months

That's why its good to get close to God, cuz when all forms of frustration comes, you will find your consolation in Him. Have never seen anyone asides from wore torn countries that hunger has killed. There must be favor somewhere. Everyone passes thru hard times in existence of life. Its a phase. Hard work is not success!
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by ogawisdom(m): 9:12am On May 22, 2015
T A orjii of PDP Abia state is owing teaching hospital 10 months, same for abiapoly lecturers n state civil service shocked n rigged election for himself senator, his boy okezie for governor n his son ikuku house of assembly undecided
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by winnieG1(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2015
onatisi:
the apc governor in imo state is owing primary school teachers 12months arrears

[size=15pt]Did he used the teachers' salary to give the pupil free education?
What a change![/size]

1 Like

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by sewentybaba: 9:13am On May 22, 2015
ogawisdom:

By 7 months d person is finished n owing a lot of ppl n will ve little or no self worth left in him. Living a life dependent solely on salary is too risk n dts hw over 70 percent of nigerian workers live.

D only thing dt could help is subsistence farming for poor workers with grown up children
I agree.
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by onatisi(m): 9:19am On May 22, 2015
ogawisdom:
T A orjii of PDP Abia state is owing teaching hospital 10 months, same for abiapoly lecturers n state civil service shocked n rigged election for himself senator, his boy okezie for governor n his son ikuku house of assembly undecided
owing a group of ppl is different from owing the whole civil service workers in a state salaries for 6months !!!!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE .

1 Like

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by Decentdamsel(f): 9:20am On May 22, 2015
simplynola:

That's why its good to get close to God, cuz when all forms of frustration comes, you will find your consolation in Him. Have never seen anyone asides from wore torn countries that hunger has killed. There must be favor somewhere. Everyone passes thru hard times in existence of life. Its a phase. Hard work is not success!
. U r saying this cos its not u

1 Like

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 9:21am On May 22, 2015
Irresponsible and heartless, absolutely no excuse for this unless Aregbe also has not received a salary in the last 6 months :/

Whilst I believe suicide is never the answer, man, frustration can have a highly damaging impact on one's frame of mind
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by onatisi(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2015
People should not pity osun state workers or civil servants. The next time they see a governorship candidate waving a broom ,they will stone the person but from till 2018,they should enjoy aregbesola style of change.
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by simplynola(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2015
Decentdamsel:
. U r saying this cos its not u

Nah! Av passed thru the phase before but now i give glory to baba God! Story has changed. Perseverance is the key my sister.
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by betty202020(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2015
Islie:

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/osun-worker-attempts-suicide-over-unpaid-salary/
what will u expect when u leave the cause of ur problems to chant change! without u changing? Arigbefool exchanged ur fed. allocation for change. At times i blame osun state workers for praising him when he was throwing out recharge card in the streets on top of coaster bus. He traded the destiny of some youths. Tell me how parents will send their children to school without food, how will they pay their school fees? etc. Check the states that are involved in this nonpayment of salaries, they are all apc states. CHANGE!! If nonpayment of salaries is the change we yearned for, then we are DOOMED. I know that FG is not owing any state the allocation. Once again, CHANGE!!!
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 9:35am On May 22, 2015
My tibutes goes straight to Gov Amaech who has money to campaign and to compete in court with River State Governor-Elect but cannot be able to pay His workers their wages.

River State is in the hands of God****
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by baybeeboi: 9:58am On May 22, 2015
uzolexis:
the hottest part of hell is reserved 4 Nigerian leaders I tell u.
so when you went to Hell which part was reserved for you, the coolest?
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 10:02am On May 22, 2015
baybeeboi:
I hope He later commits the suicide. As foölish as he is, is He the only worker owed?
frustration bro
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by funkybully(f): 10:06am On May 22, 2015
He wanted to awolowo his life, na was o. Aregberascal Aregbescam is this d change?
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by kenoz(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2015
anonimi:

That one nor be problem na- shebi na to DISTRIBUTE and throway change for we people dem embarassed embarassed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2081946_change_jpeg1d261807316c13729a0ba23ee58934ff

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by onatisi(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2015
betty202020:
what will u expect when u leave the cause of ur problems to chant change! without u changing? Arigbefool exchanged ur fed. allocation for change. At times i blame osun state workers for praising him when he was throwing out recharge card in the streets on top of coaster bus. He traded the destiny of some youths. Tell me how parents will send their children to school without food, how will they pay their school fees? etc. Check the states that are involved in this nonpayment of salaries, they are all apc states. CHANGE!! If nonpayment of salaries is the change we yearned for, then we are DOOMED. I know that FG is not owing any state the allocation. Once again, CHANGE!!!
don't blame aregbesola ,blame the fools who voted for him and who were waving broom like street cleaners . Osun civil servants should start producing brooms in large quantity and be exporting them maybe that will bring in the needed funds .
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by GenIgrigi: 10:20am On May 22, 2015
**grins** Instead of paying hungry Osun workers, aragbasola was busy building a talking drum to the high heavens. Who will beat this drum now? lmao!

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by abimbola74(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Make Government pay this guys na..... na only House of Assembly Members dem sabi pay on time to avoid Impeachment
He's owin dem 2......dere was evn a tym dey refused 2 show 4 sittin cos of dis same issue.......aregbe na smtnelse

1 Like

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by tswitch: 10:50am On May 22, 2015
That is the "change" Osun indigenes they wanted!
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by MegFarms: 10:59am On May 22, 2015
folabayo1:
So committing suicide will pay their salary abi?
Mshew undecided
maybe committing suicide will provide food for his family
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by emmasege: 11:07am On May 22, 2015
woodcook:
How did the governor win relection?
By conniving with INEC & OBJ, and going metaphysical. The alternative was for him to lose the election & go to jail because he had taken d state to an unprecedented height of indebtedness all in the name of white elephant projects which never get completed. It's a shame that only my state can tolerate this 'sub-species' of Homo sapiens in Oduduwa land.

1 Like

Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by betty202020(m): 11:28am On May 22, 2015
onatisi:
don't blame aregbesola ,blame the fools who voted for him and who were waving broom like street cleaners . Osun civil servants should start producing brooms in large quantity and be exporting them maybe that will bring in the needed funds .
abi?
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by papaejima1: 11:37am On May 22, 2015
buygala:

You really should be kidnapped, murdered, and then have your rotten stuppidd body butchered into pieces and fed to vultures and rats angry

The poor man got frustrated by a wasteful, aimless and insensitive government which has spent all the funds meant for the workers on white elephant projects and the cow-herder's Presidential campaign undecided.... Why wish such a poor and impoverished man death, when it obviously is not yet his time? angry undecided
Bros, I didnt reply that "Thing" you quoted because the language I would have employed on him would be unprintable and may even force him to attempt his own suicide.
So since I chose to restrain myself, I have to commend you for pouring your venom on him even if a little overboard per NL rules but all the same a very good response.

Idiotic entities like that "Thing" honestly shouldn't have been born or they probably are products of a failed abortion.
#Nonesense
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by Nobody: 11:53am On May 22, 2015
6 months? Some people would have resigned their job and started a business!
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by scachy(m): 12:23pm On May 22, 2015
folabayo1:
So committing suicide will pay their salary abi?
Mshew undecided
Lol,they arrested a politician in India for alleged fraud, more than 70 people committed suicide because of her arrest. U can imagine how stupid that sounds.but this poor dude might be frustrated financially beyond reason that the only option is taking his life.
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by biuti(f): 1:05pm On May 22, 2015
uwa1:
The funny tin is, during the election this same workers were the ones shouting we need change and voted for Him. Now look at what the are going 2ru. Most of the states controlled by the so called APC (Change) pple are not reflecting the so called change. Now they ve been allowed to take control of the country's affair. I am patiently waiting if the so called 'change' will be visible this time.
Bolded above,Says who? He knows they didn't vote for him and info from several internal sources said,he is deliberately punishing workers for not voting him. He even said in one of their campaign in either Ogun or Kwara state that 'Osun workers just started'.
Re: Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary by biuti(f): 1:20pm On May 22, 2015
onatisi:
I am in Osun, i can categorically tell you that,Worker did not vote him. It was the illitrates and gullible people of Osun that voted him,they are far more than the worker in Osun. How do u think Omisore got his votes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confused: Any MSc options for 2.2 Grads? / How Much Do Micro-Finance Banks Pay At Entry Level? / Access Bank Plc Recruitment Stages For 2022 Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.