Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

What Is A Refurbished Hp Laptop And What Are The Disadvantages - Computer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Market / What Is A Refurbished Hp Laptop And What Are The Disadvantages (749 Views)

Where Can A Buy UK Used/refurbished Laptop Online / Sell Your Dead Laptop And Smartphones Here Sharp! Sharp! / We Buy Fairly Used Laptop And Laptop Scraps For Quick Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Refurbished Hp Laptop And What Are The Disadvantages by Ndulex(m): 5:20pm On May 22, 2015
I really wanted to understand the term 'Refurbished' hp laptop and what one stands to gain or loose buying them. Somebody told me that it is as good as a new one in as much as it was refurbished by hp or manufacturer as the case may be.
Re: What Is A Refurbished Hp Laptop And What Are The Disadvantages by izzieman: 3:57am On Jun 02, 2015
A refurbished laptop is one where the unit is opened, the internals cleaned, noisy or defective components such as fans are replaced. The refurbishing may be done by an independent repair shop or in some instances, the original manufacturer or their accredited shop. In cases where it is refurbished by the manufacturer, you may see it referred to as "factory refurbished" or "recertified" or some other related tag.

Are they as reliable as new units? Generally, yes the units are reliable and most reputable refurbishers will provide some kind of a warranty even though the duration may not be as long as that given for a new one. In some cases, the units may even be more reliable than a new one. A case in point is when some components used in the original manufacture had inherent defect. New components used in the refurbishing process may have higher tolerance to guard against premature failure.

I hope I have been able to help.

2 Likes

Re: What Is A Refurbished Hp Laptop And What Are The Disadvantages by Ndulex(m): 4:51am On Jun 10, 2015
Yes, you have. Thanks izzieman. God bless u.
izzieman:
A refurbished laptop is one where the unit is opened, the internals cleaned, noisy or defective components such as fans are replaced. The refurbishing may be done by an independent repair shop or in some instances, the original manufacturer or their accredited shop. In cases where it is refurbished by the manufacturer, you may see it referred to as "factory refurbished" or "recertified" or some other related tag.

Are they as reliable as new units? Generally, yes the units are reliable and most reputable refurbishers will provide some kind of a warranty even though the duration may not be as long as that given for a new one. In some cases, the units may even be more reliable than a new one. A case in point is when some components used in the original manufacture had inherent defect. New components used in the refurbishing process may have higher tolerance to guard against premature failure.

I hope I have been able to help.
Re: What Is A Refurbished Hp Laptop And What Are The Disadvantages by smart3856: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2015
I have a core i5 256 GB HDD 5gb ram nvidia geforce with cuda 1gb dedicated fingerprints reader............Sony VAIO vpcz112gx................add me on. Whatsapp 08139147918

(1) (Reply)

... / Futjitsu LH701 Laptop / Slim Very Clean Uk Used Toshiba Satellite B35 320gb Hdd 4gb Ram White Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.