Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? (1605 Views)

Sasha P Played The Bridesmaid Role At Her Friend's Wedding(photos) / Groomsmen Vs Bridesmaid At Toolz Wedding Yesterday, Who Won (photo) / Toolz Stuns As Susan Younis Bridesmaid (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by ladyteska(f): 3:06am On May 23, 2015
can you refuse to grant her the request of being her bridesmaid on her wedding day because you find her annoying or you hate her?
Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by kilokeys(m): 5:24am On May 23, 2015
its allowable.. esp if u are Jealous the annoying person u hate is getting married before u..

there is no point ruining her wedding pictures

1 Like

Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by Ibsgal(f): 5:29am On May 23, 2015
It is always ok to say no when you can't or don't want to do something. While most people would consider being a bridesmaid a big honor, it is not an obligation, and you are at liberty to say no if you wish. I will encourage you to tell her ASAP, so that she can have time to find another maid if need be. I understand that sharing the news might be uncomfortable and she might be hurt, but you want to give her enough time to make the necessary adjustments.

You could also just suck it up, deal with it, and be her bridesmaid. She asked you. Among all her other friends and relatives, she picked you to be there for her on her wedding day. The friendship you share must mean a lot to her, otherwise she probably would not have approached you with the request. And all you have to do is show up, and put on a smile for the camera. However, if your relationship with her is as annoying and hateful as you described in your post, then it is probably best to decline the request. I wouldn't want someone who hates me to be my bridesmaid, you wouldn't want that, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't either.

2 Likes

Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by tpiadotcom: 5:32am On May 23, 2015
Is it that you find her annoying or that you're yet to get a man and the thought of someone marrying is annoying you.

Either way, put off your hate for one day and accept the honour, it won't remove anything from you.

Learn to be gracious especially as a woman.

But if the hatred is too much, then by all means refuse the request. If you don't refuse, then I do not want to hear tales by moonlight about whatever is your grudge. Put a sock in it.

2 Likes

Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by Nobody: 5:39am On May 23, 2015
Why would she ask you to be her bridesmaid if you hate her? That feeling is mutual, not one sided. undecided
Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by tpiadotcom: 5:43am On May 23, 2015
Nl stories require suspension of disbelief.
Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by SAMBARRY: 7:02am On May 23, 2015
You're becoming a big girl o cheesy

op follow tpias advice grin
tpiadotcom:
Is it that you find her annoying or that you're yet to get a man and the thought of someone marrying is annoying you.

Either way, put off your hate for one day and accept the honour, it won't remove anything from you.

Learn to be gracious especially as a woman.

But if the hatred is too much, then by all means refuse the request. If you don't refuse, then I do not want to hear tales by moonlight about whatever is your grudge. Put a sock in it.
Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by satelliteDISH(m): 7:32am On May 23, 2015
If i am having 99% signal quality, i will accept but if i am experiencing BAD OR NO SIGNAL on my brains, i will decline the request. This is how my brain works... sorry my DISH works...
Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by Ariyke: 8:20am On May 23, 2015
If the hate is that much I guess the bride would have known and not ask u to be her bridesmaid, for her to have asked I believe she values u so put on a nice smile for the day
Re: Bridesmaid:can You Refuse This Big Favour? by veave(f): 10:39am On May 23, 2015
See how people kill themselves unknowingly...

You are innocently inviting someone you think is your friend meanwhile she has been seriously hating you.

@OP you must be a very good actress for her not to see beyond your facade...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Rocked this Better?Nollywood Stars, Mide Martins Or Mercy Aigbe Gentry / Check Out This Swagged Out Road Safety Officer / [photos]-iceprince And Girlfriend Vs Wizkid And Girlfriend...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.