Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe (1036 Views)

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! / Are We Alone In The Universe? / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by Visocrate(m): 9:48am On May 23, 2015
U.S. space agency (NASA) said in Washington on Friday that its Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) telescope has discovered a remote galaxy that shines with the light of more than 300 trillion suns, making it the most luminous galaxy ever found.
It said the galaxy, known as “WISE J224607.57-052635.0’’, belongs to a recently discovered new class of objects called extremely luminous infrared galaxies.
NASA said its dazzling light may be due to a behemoth black hole at its belly.
The space agency explained in a statement that “Supermassive black holes draw gas and matter into a disk around them, heating the disk to roaring temperatures of millions of degrees and blasting out high-energy, visible, ultraviolet, and X-ray light.
It said the light, however, was absorbed by surrounding cocoons of dust, which prevents the agency from seeing the galaxy with optical telescopes.
“When the dust heats up, it radiates infrared light, which is only now detected by the WISE telescope.
NASA said because light from the galaxy hosting the black hole has traveled 12.5 billion years to reach us, astronomers are seeing the object as it was in the distant past.
It said at that time, the universe was only a tenth of its present age of 13.8 billion years, but the black hole was already billions of times the mass of our sun.
The new study, published in the Astrophysical Journal, also reported 19 other extremely luminous infrared galaxies.
It said just like the most luminous galaxy found to date, the galaxies were not found earlier because of their distance, and because dust converts their powerful visible light into an incredible outpouring of infrared light. (Xinhua/NAN)
leadership.ng/news/435317/astronomers-discover-most-luminous-galaxy-in-universe

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by Uchwilliam(m): 9:51am On May 23, 2015
K
Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by VickJames(m): 9:52am On May 23, 2015
These guys are busy looking for heaven in human body.
Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by johnydon22(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2015
VickJames:

Nobody is fvcking looking for a mythical abode in the pages of a book.. this is astronomical science boy... Not fairytales.... what exactly have religion done to our youths

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by VickJames(m): 1:15pm On May 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Nobody is fvcking looking for a mythical abode in the pages of a book.. this is astronomical science boy... Not fairytales.... what exactly have religion done to our youths

Hey! Calm it bro. Even if you like it or yes, there's heaven, ok.
Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by johnydon22(m): 1:27pm On May 23, 2015
VickJames:

Hey! Calm it bro. Even if you like it or yes, there's heaven, ok.
oh really?..... mind telling me where? smiley

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by VickJames(m): 1:29pm On May 23, 2015
johnydon22:

oh really?..... mind telling me where? smiley
No matter how long our argument will span, we will still believe what we like.
Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by johnydon22(m): 1:31pm On May 23, 2015
VickJames:

No matter how long our argument will span, we will still believe what we like.

its not an argument, i certainly can't argue with you am sure.

I just asked a simple question... "Where? " smiley

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by VickJames(m): 1:46pm On May 23, 2015
johnydon22:

its not an argument, i certainly can't argue with you am sure.

I just asked a simple question... "Where? " smiley
Its somewhere, I assure you.
What you need to know where it is, is to change your present clothing.
Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by johnydon22(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2015
VickJames:

Its somewhere, I assure you.

What you need to know where it is, is to change your present clothing.

Lmao.... Am sure you and i know that answering "somewhere" when asked for a location actually means "i don't know"

Can you now simply say you don't know or since you are wearing the exact same clothing like the one you would like me to change to, why dont you just tell me...

let me ask it again "Where?"

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by VickJames(m): 2:04pm On May 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao.... Am sure you and i know that answering "somewhere" when asked for a location actually means "i don't know"

Can you now simply say you don't know or since you are wearing the exact same clothing like the one you would like me to change to, why dont you just tell me...

let me ask it again "Where?"

Like I said earlier, telling you where heaven is will not solve your problem.

Heaven is in another realm, a realm which is not of the earth.

If you want to know the actual place heaven is, stay holy and die. I bet you, the location will be clear.
Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by johnydon22(m): 2:14pm On May 23, 2015
VickJames:

Like I said earlier, telling you where heaven is will not solve your problem.

Heaven is in another realm, a realm which is not of the earth.

If you want to know the actual place heaven is, stay holy and die. I bet you, the location will be clear.

Lmao... And this certainly shows you don't even have the faintest idea where it is, but as usual blindly believes...

Since heaven its actually only known to dead holy people, how come you know their is heaven when you are not dead yet?

Where is the another realm? wink

Lol... still waiting for a straight answer...smiley

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by VickJames(m): 2:16pm On May 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao... And this certainly shows you don't even have the faintest idea where it is, but as usual blindly believes...

Since heaven its actually only known to dead holy people, how come you know their is heaven when you are not dead yet?

Where is the another realm? wink

Lol... still waiting for a straight answer...smiley

Do the research yourself.

I don't always entertain religious argument.
Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by johnydon22(m): 2:21pm On May 23, 2015
VickJames:

Do the research yourself.

I don't always entertain religious argument.

Argument? Oh please Don't flatter yourself, its not.

You are the one that actually think astronomical science is on a quest to discover heaven.

You made it clear you know the location of heaven and i dont..

So i am only asking questions.

Where is heaven?

How come you know their is heaven when you are not dead yet since only dead holy people can find out?

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by Blakjewelry(m): 7:28pm On May 24, 2015
The universe is amazing

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by johnydon22(m): 8:06pm On May 24, 2015
here

1 Like

Re: Astronomers Discover Most Luminous Galaxy In Universe by seemples(f): 9:25pm On May 24, 2015
VickJames:

But it's good they look and keep looking don't you think...dem go look soteey one day dem go see God! smiley

That's if they won't say na UFO dem

I like science though

(1) (Reply)

Very Hot: Fresh Airtel 2GB Imei [confirmed Working] / How To Quickly Discover Your Wifi Key Or Password. / Information Theory Made REALLY SIMPLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.