Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Which Job Should I Choose Government Or Private School ? ? ? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Job Should I Choose Government Or Private School ? ? ? (1015 Views)

Confused!!.... Which Job Should I Go For? / 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job / Starcomms Just Offered Me A Better-Paying Job. Should I? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Job Should I Choose Government Or Private School ? ? ? by adeniyi1st(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2006
Which one should I choose?

My wife just got a teaching job with a Private school in a neighborhood and shortlist for the UBE appointment in Lagos, She was the only candidate picked for the private school appointment in which they have asked to resume work immediately  if she accept the offer. Although the government (UBE), was said to be for two years, the private school is ready to pay her 80% higher than what the government will pay her.

Right now she is really confused and want me to help her choose which to accept.

I adviced her is to start the private school job and later when the UBE call her she will resign from the private and pick it up.

please help me out, have I suggested right? OR can she ignore the private school after waiting for over two years nursing babies at home? Considering the demand of the private school, and coping with two kids. Please advice me to help her out. She is also running a weekend program at LASU, Ojo.

Right now she as reported to the private school, waiting for the take off of UBE. 
Re: Which Job Should I Choose Government Or Private School ? ? ? by MyPeace(f): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2006
Personally i think the advise is right, only that if am the one i will forget the UBE of a thing since you rightly said that the private PAY is 80% higher, and looking at the UBE, its a contract of 2yrs offer. Unless you are particular about working less hours/less challenges since its a public school.

If your wife is actually someone that likes challenges, i think the private school will give her enough challenge in regards to her profession. No matter how demading the private offer may give, I believe she will cope nothwithstanding having children. Again, you said the school is in your neighbourhood, so i dont see why she wont atleast be at home before 6pm to take care of her children.

I advise she take up the private job and forget the UBE surf, on the grounds that 1. its a contract offer, 2., the pay is small, 3. She wont grow professionally quickly, 4. No much challenges as would be in the private school.

All the best.
Re: Which Job Should I Choose Government Or Private School ? ? ? by adeniyi1st(m): 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2006
Thanks Peace, I will see to that as you said.

(1) (Reply)

Could There Be A Changed Nigeria / Information System Auditing / Stop By And Drop Your Opinion Here, Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.