Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

A Realistic Correlation Between Grades You Had In School And Jobs In Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Realistic Correlation Between Grades You Had In School And Jobs In Nigeria. (985 Views)

Why Do 2.2 Graduates Smartly Omit Their Grades On Their Cvs / Oil And Jobs At Prime & Hills Energy Services Limited / 10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Realistic Correlation Between Grades You Had In School And Jobs In Nigeria. by olaolu39(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2015
Well, I would love to finalize my findings and personal experience in the course of job search, getting a paid employment, your grade in school and success in life in relation to Nigeria perspective par say.

Previously, I enumerated why graduates with 2.2 can be worse off an HND holder when we talk of job opportunities.

Statistically, only 4.5% of students came out with a 1st class, 33% are of 2.1(it's up to this because of graduates from private universities). Third class grades constitute about 4.5% as well while 2.2 graduates constitute the largest percentage population (around 50%) of Nigerian graduates. First of all, it is as a result of the wide margin stipulated for it (2.40-3.49).
And secondly, most students are just average, or slightly above or below average as the case may be, so most people fall into that category.

Now, to say this, for example, out of the total population of job applicants, say 100 for example, the space available is just 9, while we have 5 1stclass grade applicants, 33 2.1grade applicants and 50 2.2 grade applicants.

If a minimum of 2.2 is eligible to apply, with an equal probability of being chosen, then we are sure of three 1stclass, three 2.1, and three 2.2 graduates for the employment offer.
With my analysis above, few 1stclass are remaining, while the %number of 2.1 graduates taken is more than the %number of 2.2 taken because of 2.2. Population.

Well, my dear federal Government gave an estimate of 6.5% or there about unemployment rate ( I don't want to believe this value with the number of people I come accross)

To cut my story short, this is my final assessment.
Everybody keeps looking for opportunities may it be 2.1, 2.2 or 1st class.
A test written recently shows how even a 1st classer* is hustling for jobs(people I never believed would still be writing a job test, haven't graduated since 2011).
In conclusion,
1. The only difference between us in Nigeria is that, more opportunities are created for 2.1 and 1st class graduates to streamline the number of applicants since unemplyment rate is too high and the space(slot) available is few...

2. The more you widen your horizon, networking and skillfullness, the better for you, irrespective of grade. This is what really differentiates you for/from your grades.

3. Life is beautiful if you find at least something doing, keeping up and improving day by day...baring in mind that even a 1st class graduate is not satisfied with what he has, he keeps hustling for better opportunities.

While you are still alive, thank your Creator and kip up with opportunities(learning) #Gbam

#pstlao#
Re: A Realistic Correlation Between Grades You Had In School And Jobs In Nigeria. by Armaggedon: 7:16pm On May 23, 2015
The federal ministry of health warns that weed smokin is dangerous to health
Re: A Realistic Correlation Between Grades You Had In School And Jobs In Nigeria. by Armaggedon: 7:16pm On May 23, 2015
cheesy
Re: A Realistic Correlation Between Grades You Had In School And Jobs In Nigeria. by napoleon77(m): 9:42pm On May 23, 2015
olaolu39:
Well, I would love to finalize my findings and personal experience in the course of job search, getting a paid employment, your grade in school and success in life in relation to Nigeria perspective par say.

Previously, I enumerated why graduates with 2.2 can be worse off an HND holder when we talk of job opportunities.

Statistically, only 4.5% of students came out with a 1st class, 33% are of 2.1(it's up to this because of graduates from private universities). Third class grades constitute about 4.5% as well while 2.2 graduates constitute the largest percentage population (around 50%) of Nigerian graduates. First of all, it is as a result of the wide margin stipulated for it (2.40-3.49).
And secondly, most students are just average, or slightly above or below average as the case may be, so most people fall into that category.

Now, to say this, for example, out of the total population of job applicants, say 100 for example, the space available is just 9, while we have 5 1stclass grade applicants, 33 2.1grade applicants and 50 2.2 grade applicants.

If a minimum of 2.2 is eligible to apply, with an equal probability of being chosen, then we are sure of three 1stclass, three 2.1, and three 2.2 graduates for the employment offer.
With my analysis above, few 1stclass are remaining, while the %number of 2.1 graduates taken is more than the %number of 2.2 taken because of 2.2. Population.

Well, my dear federal Government gave an estimate of 6.5% or there about unemployment rate ( I don't want to believe this value with the number of people I come accross)

To cut my story short, this is my final assessment.
Everybody keeps looking for opportunities may it be 2.1, 2.2 or 1st class.
A test written recently shows how even a 1st classer* is hustling for jobs(people I never believed would still be writing a job test, haven't graduated since 2011).
In conclusion,
1. The only difference between us in Nigeria is that, more opportunities are created for 2.1 and 1st class graduates to streamline the number of applicants since unemplyment rate is too high and the space(slot) available is few...

2. The more you widen your horizon, networking and skillfullness, the better for you, irrespective of grade. This is what really differentiates you for/from your grades.

3. Life is beautiful if you find at least something doing, keeping up and improving day by day...baring in mind that even a 1st class graduate is not satisfied with what he has, he keeps hustling for better opportunities.

While you are still alive, thank your Creator and kip up with opportunities(learning) #Gbam

#pstlao#

Please provide us with an authoritative source of your "statistics"

(1) (Reply)

Nil / Interview Prep- Why Should They Hire YOU? / New Entry Level Positions In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.