Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,183 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest (2205 Views)

EPL Match: Arsenal Vs Chelsea(london Derby) / Real Madrid Top Forbes Sports Teams Rich List + See Full List / Real Madrid Top Forbes Sportsteams Rich List + See Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by dyabman(m): 7:00am On Feb 13, 2009
[b]
Real Madrid remained at the head of football's richest list beating Manchester United to top spot.

Accounting firm Deloitte produce an annual list of turnover in football and Madrid are again on top of the pile, although the strength of the Euro against Sterling is the main reason they stayed ahead of European champions United.

The list sees seven Premier League clubs included, whilst Scottish giants Celtic drop out of top 20 along with Valencia and Werder Bremen.

"If the exchange rate value of the pound had not depreciated, there would have been nine, rather than seven English clubs in the top 20 and Manchester United would have topped the Money League ahead of Real Madrid," said Dan Jones, partner in the Sports business group at Deloitte.

Real saw their revenues rise by four per cent to £328million, whilst United saw their turnover up 21 per cent to £291million.

The list, which was completely made up of European clubs, with England leading the way with their seven. Germany and Italy have four each, whilst there are just two from Spain and France.

Turkey's Fenerbahce also make the top 20 for the first time.

List in full

1. Real Madrid, Spain, €365.8 million

2. Manchester United, England, €324.8 million.

3. Barcelona, Spain, €308.8 million.

4. Bayern Munich, Germany, €295.3 million.

5. Chelsea, England, €268.9 million.

6. Arsenal, England, €264.4 million.

7. Liverpool, England, €210.9 million.

8. AC Milan, Italy, €209.5 million.

9. AS Roma, Italy, €175.4 million.

10. Inter Milan, Italy, €172.9 million.

11. Juventus, Italy, €167.5 million.

12. Lyon, France, €155.7 million.

13. Schalke, Germany, €148.4 million.

14. Tottenham, England, €145 million.

15. Hamburg, Germany, 127.9 million.

16. Marseille, France, €126.8 million.

17. Newcastle, England, €125.6 million.

18. Stuttgart, Germany, €111.5 million.

19. Fenerbahce, Turkey, €111.3 million.

20. Manchester City, England, €104 million[/b]
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by dayokanu(m): 8:24am On Feb 13, 2009
Much credit to clubs who made top 5 without a moneybag bankrolling them.
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by tkb417(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2009
Much credit to clubs who made top 5 without a moneybag bankrolling them.
at this level, i think u need to speak less. You say things atimes as if u never went to school.

how does change in ownership affect the revenues of a club?
are the clubs rated by the billions that were used in buying them or the revenues they generated?
and what kinda finance student are u? u sure aint learning jack in yankee
olodo oshi
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by infomegaly(m): 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2009
tkb417:

at this level, i think u need to speak less. You say things atimes as if u never went to school.

how does change in ownership affect the revenues of a club?
are the clubs rated by the billions that were used in buying them or the revenues they generated?
and what kinda finance student are u? u sure aint learning jack in yankee
olodo oshi

take it easy man-----THERE ARE MORE POLITE WAYS TO BE IMPOLITE. just educate him by giving him the info----------i still believe ROMAN for example has helped chelsea's status a great deal.
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by Sauron1: 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2009
dyabman:

List in full

1. Real Madrid, Spain, €365.8 million

2. Manchester United, England, €324.8 million.

3. Barcelona, Spain, €308.8 million.

4. Bayern Munich, Germany, €295.3 million.

[b]5. Chelsea, England, €268.9 million.

6. Arsenal, England, €264.4 million.

7. Liverpool, England, €210.9 million.

8. AC Milan, Italy, €209.5 million.

9. AS Roma, Italy, €175.4 million.

10. Inter Milan, Italy, €172.9 million.

11. Juventus, Italy, €167.5 million.

12. Lyon, France, €155.7 million.

13. Schalke, Germany, €148.4 million.

14. Tottenham, England, €145 million.

15. Hamburg, Germany, 127.9 million.

16. Marseille, France, €126.8 million.

17. Newcastle, England, €125.6 million.

18. Stuttgart, Germany, €111.5 million.

19. Fenerbahce, Turkey, €111.3 million.

20. Manchester City, England, €104 million[/b]

Real Madrid are on TOP because of the crash of the GB pounds against the Euros.
9 months ago. . . . .1 GB pound = 1.5 Euros
Today. . . . . . . . . . .1 GB pound = 1 Euro.
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by tkb417(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2009
Real Madrid are on TOP because of the crash of the GB pounds against the Euros.
9 months ago. . . . .1 GB pound = 1.5 Euros
Today. . . . . . . . . . .1 GB pound = 1 Euro.
correct!!!

oga how far?
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2009
I wont want to go into details here.

Do you think a pre-Roman Chelsea would have made the top 5 or Mancheter City would have made the ratings?

The rich guy comes around pump in money makes the club more competitive, they sign better players and they win more laurels and their merchandise are more in demand. Which part of this dont you understand?
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by tkb417(m): 5:22pm On Feb 13, 2009
I wont want to go into details here.

Do you think a pre-Roman Chelsea would have made the top 5 or Mancheter City would have made the ratings?

The rich guy comes around pump in money makes the club more competitive, they sign better players and they win more laurels and their merchandise are more in demand. Which part of this dont you understand?
what have you said?

If youre the type that believes a business model of bringing in moneybags to buy players will equal successes on the field, then ure joking.
City, Newcastle and co are on the list because of the structure that has been on groung prior to any buyout or buy-in as the case may be.

UTD have always been a top club irrespective of any change in ownership structure, a lil tweak in the stucture hasnt changed anything.
go look for playboi magazine, this isnt what you understand very well so ill let you rest

PS:
The variables used for that list were computed before the Abu Dhabi people took over Man city so dont say rubbish
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2009
How much merchandise did Chelsea sell prior to Roman and when he bought them over?

How many people would want to buy Robinho, Elano, jersey compared to Vassel and Dunnes jersey pre takeover.
If they had bought Kaka like they wanted, How many people would have bought kaka merchandise?
Why do clubs rush to buy David Beckham.

Tell me how Chelsea won their first titles after 50 years of waiting. Structure? They spent big.

What of the Lazio team that won the Serie A?
A Lazio and Parma under Cragnotti and Tanzi would have made that list 8 years ago. But now the moneybags are gone they cant compete in the finances.
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by tkb417(m): 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2009
How much merchandise did Chelsea sell prior to Roman and when he bought them over?

How many people would want to buy Robinho, Elano, jersey compared to Vassel and Dunnes jersey pre takeover.
If they had bought Kaka like they wanted, How many people would have bought kaka merchandise?
Why do clubs rush to buy David Beckham.

Tell me how Chelsea won their first titles after 50 years of waiting. Structure? They spent big.

What of the Lazio team that won the Serie A?
A Lazio and Parma under Cragnotti and Tanzi would have made that list 8 years ago. But now the moneybags are gone they cant compete in the finances.

slow ur roll and follow my line of thought.

Chelsea pre Roman used to be one of the most cosmopolitan clubs in England with the array of foreigners that played in the club.
Im sure u were alive when the likes of Veron, Zola, Flo and co played in the club. By any standards, these are players that are as big as those playing presently. where did they get the money from then?
i agree money can be like a bridge to stardom for some clubs but it doesnt or might not necessarily translate to absolute success. Lazio is a good example
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Feb 13, 2009
Did Chelsea have the appeal to the global market?

With Romans billions they have bought loads of top class players and won trophies they couldnt win in 50 years and attained world class status which was impossible years back
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by tkb417(m): 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2009
Did Chelsea have the appeal to the global market?
maybe Not. not sure cos they attracted good and decent players wayback

With Romans billions they have bought loads of top class players and won trophies they couldnt win in 50 years and attained world class status which was impossible years back
i agree. give me another example of a club that has bought success with money.
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2009
Lazio was a top club while Craggnoti funds lasted.
Enyimba became a club of note during the Orji Kalu spending spree
Re: Madrid Top Rich List ; Chelsea London Richest by dyabman(m): 11:32am On Feb 14, 2009
i dont understand you guys arguements,

@Sauron

I swallowed ur word -- I will EAT soldier Ants if inter should beat Manuted , tongue cant wait to feed you with those on March 7 in your jungle u called home. tongue

(1) (Reply)

We Supply And Instal Artificial Grass, Kindly Give Us A Call +234 837 298 777 / Check Out This Letter Arsenal Received From A Nigerian Fan After Leicester Win. / BREAKING: #superfalcons Qualify For Round Of 16 Of #FIFAWWC2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.