Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? (1620 Views)

Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) / Doctors And Patients, Share Your Embarrassing Moments At A Clinic / Unfortunate Deaths In Our Hospitals; A Nurse's Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by radicalove(f): 7:00pm On May 25, 2015
I took my baby to the clinic because she was stooling and vomitting, she was admitted and she pooed, the poo stained the bedspread because the poo was watery. The Bedspread was changed by the nurse and the nurse told me that she will soak the bedspread for me to wash later. I declined, the nurse said that if there was no poo on it, the cleaner would have done it, mothers in the house, what do you think
Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 25, 2015
Whether poo or no poo, its d job of d cleaner to wash n make dat everywher clean.
As 4 me, I'm not gonna wash anytin. Wat nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by lanxebony(m): 7:20pm On May 25, 2015
When you say nurse, not all lady with white uniform and a biro hung on her uniform with a cap on her head is a nurse @ op WC hosp do you usr ? State, private , phc center or teaching hospital
Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by armadeo(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2015
lanxebony:
When you say nurse, not all lady with white uniform and a biro hung on her uniform with a cap on her head is a nurse @ op WC hosp do you usr ? State, private , phc center or teaching hospital

Op please provide the answer to the bolded.
Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by dominique(f): 10:16am On May 26, 2015
No standard hospital will ever expect patients to clean up after themselves. Op, go and register in a better hospital.
Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by MumZ(f): 11:17am On May 26, 2015
Shebi its poo u were told 2 wash, ur own is good. A colleague of mine was told by d nurse 2 clean d bed in d labour room immediately after giving birth. D nurse dint even consider her weak state, d nurse stood 2 1 side n started directing her. Oya come down, take ur wrapper, clean d bed. I almost cried 4 her wen she was telling me. Some nurses r terrible.
Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by eleojo23: 11:52am On May 26, 2015
That is wrong. It is somebody's job to do it.
This only happens when people are allowed to behave as they like. It is only in a faulty system that you have to beg people to do what they are supposed to do and the superiors don't even do anything about it.
Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by breadplanets(f): 5:36pm On May 26, 2015
MumZ:
Shebi its poo u were told 2 wash, ur own is good. A colleague of mine was told by d nurse 2 clean d bed in d labour room immediately after giving birth. D nurse dint even consider her weak state, d nurse stood 2 1 side n started directing her. Oya come down, take ur wrapper, clean d bed. I almost cried 4 her wen she was telling me. Some nurses r terrible.
Chisos shockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by lanxebony(m): 8:14pm On May 26, 2015
B4 you guys hang nurses try to look for the definition of nurses by Florence Nightingale and varginal handerson and you will know that all.who you guys are calling nurses are just auxiliary trainned by hungry drs who cannot afford registered practitioners.
Use govt or standard hosp and you will know the value of nurses .
NOTE: in all profession there is always the bad egg.

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by VintageCocktail(m): 10:28am On May 27, 2015
These happens when you visit a substandard, backyard hospital that can't afford to employ enough hands to do the jobs. Even some underfunded government hospitals or health centres do this, it is quite unfortunate though.

Coming to the action of the nurse, someone has to be blamed and they being at the forefront of health care most bear the blame. Improvise is the watchword for Nigerian health teams, even patients and their relatives has been used times without numbers as either cook, cleaner, ambulance driver, NGO or welfare official to other patients, porter or mortuary attendants
Re: Mothers, How Will You Feel If A Nurse Ask You To Do This In A Clinic? by breadplanets(f): 4:51pm On May 27, 2015
VintageCocktail:
These happens when you visit a substandard, backyard hospital that can't afford to employ enough hands to do the jobs. Even some underfunded government hospitals or health centres do this, it is quite unfortunate though.

Coming to the action of the nurse, someone has to be blamed and they being at the forefront of health care most bear the blame. Improvise is the watchword for Nigerian health teams, even patients and their relatives has been used times without numbers as either cook, cleaner, ambulance driver, NGO or welfare official to other patients, porter or mortuary attendants
So true. I had a neighbour that carried his gen from his house to the hospital when his kids were admitted cos the hospital was using candles that night. Incredible but true.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Quick Ejaculation, Weak Erection Solution / What To Do After Successfully Selling Your Kidney In Malaysia / How To Choose An Effective Underarm Deodorant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.