Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Advice On Pregnant Alsatian - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Advice On Pregnant Alsatian (1076 Views)

Advice On Local Recipè For Dog Food / Alsatian Up For Grabs. Asking Price Is 10k (non Negotiable) / Dog Expert Alert! Cohabiting A Boerboel And Alsatian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Pregnant Alsatian by Kingsyze: 10:17pm On May 25, 2015
Hello people! My Alsatian is a month and about 2weeks pregnant. I need some advice on how to take care of her, food and drug wise in order to get the best of puppies.
Re: Advice On Pregnant Alsatian by DickDastardly(m): 10:28pm On May 25, 2015
Go to the nearest health center and register her for ante natal.

Errrm.......you might also need to buy delivery kit. Dont thank me yet. tongue

1 Like

Re: Advice On Pregnant Alsatian by KingAfo(m): 10:39pm On May 25, 2015
You don't need to give her drugs. Just normal feeding. But make it frequent not just one bulky food. Introduce raw meat and boiled egg. If you will get a dry food. You will want to go for the puppy one.
Avoid too much exercise or stress.
Goodluck to you and me.
Re: Advice On Pregnant Alsatian by Prodeegee(m): 9:44am On May 26, 2015
KingAfo:
You don't need to give her drugs. Just normal feeding. But make it frequent not just one bulky food. Introduce raw meat and boiled egg. If you will get a dry food. You will want to go for the puppy one.
Avoid too much exercise or stress.
Goodluck to you and me.

In addition, stay away from excess calcium. For now still feed normally,  when shez 6-7wks start breaking thesame food portion into small portions thruout d day. Ensure shez in a clean environment. At exactly 8wks, bathe your bitch(not advisable if you don't knw hw to bathe a pregnant dam) . Get a whelping box, wish you luck‎

1 Like

Re: Advice On Pregnant Alsatian by Kingsyze: 11:10am On May 26, 2015
Thanks all... I was about bathing her on Sunday but it rained, so Mr Prodegee, I should not bath her now abi? I have not been breaking her meals and noticed that she doesn't eat much again, some one advised vitamins.
Re: Advice On Pregnant Alsatian by Prodeegee(m): 11:17am On May 26, 2015
Kingsyze:
Thanks all... I was about bathing her on Sunday but it rained, so Mr Prodegee, I should not bath her now abi? I have not been breaking her meals and noticed that she doesn't eat much again, some one advised vitamins.

No vitamins; except for bitch pills. 

Be extremely careful when bathing her. 

If she's nt eating let her be. She'll come around and eat more later.‎

1 Like

Re: Advice On Pregnant Alsatian by Kingsyze: 4:03pm On May 26, 2015
Thanks Prodeegee!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Just Got This Dog Today(new) / Import Quality MALE Rottweiler Pups Available!!! / Pure Neapolitan Mastiff Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.