Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

A Call On Nollywo0d/celebrities - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / A Call On Nollywo0d/celebrities (477 Views)

These Awesome Kids Were Once Destined To Become Celebrities (pics) / Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Top 7 Hottest And Sexiest Nigeria Celebrities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Call On Nollywo0d/celebrities by livinglegend1(m): 12:33pm On May 26, 2015
RESTRUCTURE THE NIGERIA MOVIE INDUSTRY a Call on Nollywood by Living Legend
It’s very much loud able that “that thing” called African culture is an embodiment of the mode of dressing, religion, moral values and belief system. Why then should most of our production be more western than African even in an African continent? How African are the productions of the white?
Of recent, I took more time to observe the Nollywood movies being produced under the hospices of the Nigerian movie industry, I cannot say I am surprised at the trend in which the movie industry took because they are trying to satisfy the daily demand of the countrymen but this I cannot but pen down that the movie industry has been contributing more to the loosing of African integrity than promoting the tenance of African wholeness and identity. Also, in most films what are being portrayed by the industry are in contrast to Nigeria’s reality or the Nigerian world view so to say.
First, the dressing in most Nollywood movies most especially by the youths or young adult does not really portray any form of Africaness and as such leading the upcoming teenagers to have a shadow knowledge about the nature of African culture, because just as growth is in stages, so does the level of exposure of an individual go pari-passu with growth, so just as you are trying your possible best to entertain people, try and as well educate them with the knowledge of African culture, most especially in the aspect of dressing and food eaten in the cities.
Second, I must comment your effort in trying to portray the present reality but we should also be conscious of the fact that, human’s are gifted with various degree of mind capacity and as such portraying realities such as kissing, romancing, and having sex being shown in movies demands a critical evaluation, aside that it promote immorality rather than fulfilling the purpose of entertainment and education which your movies should aim at, it also tend to drive the western Ideology into an average African man’s sub-conscious mind, you would agree with me that such practices like kissing, romance etc where actually alien to indigenous African culture, alien in the sense that most African society if not all perceive it to be an evil act and an abomination even when we were yet to be enlightened through civilization. We had sense of morality even without education, so it will be ugly to say that our education and enlightenment has eroded away African sense of morality. I hereby appeal to your organization or association to look into this issue before it derails most African youths and teenagers and make a sexual slave out of them, most especially people with very tender and easily absorbing mind.
Moreover, not pointing to the way some of your movies do portray getting rich in life to be a bed of roses would be a great error of omission, not even in a country or continent where majority are classified as been poor, I hereby recommend that your movies should be more realistic than portraying fantasies, it should be more of entertainment vis-à-vis educating people on how to be successful in life gradually not a case of going to the city and always meeting good and ambiguous fortunes most times as it is being portrayed, I advice that your films should follow a gradual process of reality than fantasy. Also it is not compulsory for films to always have an antagonist; an antagonist should be a sufficient condition and not a necessary condition.
I would like to ask before I drop my pen that is the movie industry short of cast or just fail to recruit new faces? because there have been a case of re-surfacing of casts of faces of people we have being too familiar with in most movies, and the fact remains that the beauty of a movie comes out if there is proper casting and a sense of reality, but that I think is lacking or eroding away gradually in the Nigeria movie industry, people who are old enough to be parents are still been casted as children, undergraduates or secondary school leaver’s, people like Ini Edo, Tonto Dike,Uche Jumbo, and the male folks are no longer portraying the reality of a university life, gone are does days where we have more of adults than youths in the university, today the youths we have in the university are even being seen as adults while the ones who populate majority of our tertiary institutions today are very young, in fact, the tertiary institution is filled with undergraduates who are young teenagers so to say, so I think there should be an overhauling in the future casting in the movie industries, we are now in a generation where people both male and female get married at their 20s perhaps, early 20s so people representing such roles should be selected base on the present societal trend, which see more teenagers in the universities today than adults. Also the luxury life that is been portrayed in some Nollywood movies about Nigerian undergraduates are totally unreal, in fact, very few people live a luxury life in school as an undergraduate than the usual flat or duplex apartment undergraduate students that the movie industry do portray.
There is a great need for the Nollywood to change their direction of movie to just a show of free fun and entertainment, to a case of picturing the political and economic reality of the nation in their movies, not at a time when Nigeria needs change, your movie should be an avenue to correct the abnormities within the government sector and expose some societal secret without pointing accusive fingers on name, it is high time we started liberating the minds of the people than promoting nudity, fun etc. don’t let pretend that all is well, let’s picture the nation so that people can see and be liberated from the shackles of ignorance. Let every aspect of the nation clamor for change for the betterment of all.
Finally, I think and recommend a general re-shapening in the Nigeria movie industry and a reformation, we need a lot of new faces and few old once for the sake of experience. Give other people rooms naturally to prove themselves and not a case of lobbing, connection or paying a prize, if you all were never given a chance you won’t be where you are today. I love Nollywood. I support the Nigeria movie industry.
Kindly submit your comments and reactions.
GOD BLESS NOLLYWOOD
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
LIVING LEGEND
VOICE OF THE VOICELESS
CEO LEGENDARY FOUNDATION
GEMSTONE AMBASSADOR
#NATION BUILDER#
Re: A Call On Nollywo0d/celebrities by obontami: 1:00pm On May 26, 2015
too long I can't read this shiit

(1) (Reply)

Thugs Beat Reporter Mercilessly For Reporting On President Buhari And Nasarawa S / Eva Alordiah Pens Open Letter To President Buhari / Wizkid's Twitter Account Hacked(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.