Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP (1729 Views)

Available Jobs Or Opportunities In The Farming And Agro Allied Industry. / ... / New Vacancies At A Lagos Based Leading Finance & Investment Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP by kelvincoll(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2015
A Wireless internet Service Provider based in lagos requires the services of Technical Support reps to further boost her customer experience and support operations.

TECHNICAL HELPDESK REPRESENTATIVE
• Deliver service and support to end-users using via remote connection or over the Internet;
• Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
• Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
• Troubleshoot devices for walk-in customers as well visit customer within office neighborhood
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, modems, VOIP and more;
• Follow standard processes and procedures;
• Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
• Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software;
• Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business;
• Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary

REQUIREMENT
• A Bachelor Degree/ HND in Computer Science, InfoTech, Electrical/Electronic Eng. or any related fields with hands on IT experience
•Minimum of 2 years’ operational experience working in a Telecom company/ ISP.
•Customer service experience required
•Excellent written and communication skills
•Creative problem solving abilities and device troubleshooting skills
•Ability to work independently and as part of a team
•Knowledge of network monitoring and other administrative tools
•Strong PC skills.
•Comptia A+, N+ ITIL certification or equivalent a distinct advantage
• Must be resident around Apapa, Ajeromi ifelodun and environs

FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER
•Perform technical support to subscribers with multiple concurrent issues, taking ownership of assigned incidents and proactively dealing with internet connectivity issues.
•Provide 2nd line technical support function including but not limited to remote and on-site support
•Installing, maintaining, repairing, and testing of terminal equipment and maintenance.
•Provide On-site technical assistance to customers at different location as assigned.
• Responsible for carrying out detailed Site Survey for Outdoor CPE while ensuring proper documentation is maintained.
• Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and inform Team Lead on recommended solutions
• Conduct scheduled preventive/corrective maintenance exercises.
• Maintaining adequate tools and other resources for quick Troubleshooting and fixing of customers premises equipment problems.
• Drive sales and build strong client relationship by ensuring client satisfaction at all time

REQUIREMENT
• A Bachelor Degree/ HND in: Electrical/Electronics/Computer/Communication/Info Tech/ICT/Hardware & Networks Engineering, Physics Eng.
• Minimum of 3 years’ operational experience working in a Telecom company/ ISP.
• A solid understanding of Wireless network/RF principles is required
• Knowledge of PC, Operating systems, Ethernet & TCP/IP networking technologies and protocols.
• Field Experience is mandate.
• Experience in a role with hands on complex Technical problem solving as a daily occurrence on any or all of Layer1 / 2 / 3 networks
• CCNA / ITIL certification equivalent a distinct advantage
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Self-motivated & Creative problem solving abilities.
• Must be resident around Ojo, Alaba, Igando and environs

APPLICATION METHOD
Kindly send resume and accompanying cover letter to idealcystems@yahoo.com specifying role applied for as Mail Subject
CV collections closes Friday 29th May 2015
Re: Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP by SunvilleRS: 3:30pm On May 26, 2015
Pls Bro,

I reside in Iyana paja area of lagos, i have Bsc in Microbioly but very good in IT (Networking, computer repairs and installing Vsat) Can i apply for this job?
Can we share contact pls. Thanks in response
Re: Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP by kelvincoll(m): 3:44pm On May 26, 2015
SunvilleRS:

Pls Bro,

I reside in Iyana paja area of lagos, i have Bsc in Microbioly but very good in IT (Networking, computer repairs and installing Vsat) Can i apply for this job?
Can we share contact pls. Thanks in response

@SunvilleRS, i replied your mail already.
You have similar skills already from what your posted above; concerns are if you wud be able to cope with specified location
No harm in trying Bro... Goodluck
Re: Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP by lacicrips(m): 4:52pm On May 26, 2015
When will Nigerian companies start recruiting based on skills and capabilities rather than some funky degrees?
Re: Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP by SunvilleRS: 11:50am On Jul 06, 2015
@Op The company is Spectranet Ltd, I just got an email in response to my mail application inviting me for an interview @ their office in ikeja this thursday. I googled them to see they are in 4G LTE broadband internet. Hope it goes on well.

Lest i forget, thank you for the sharing this. Any tips on what to expect?
Re: Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP by kelvincoll(m): 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
To those interested,

There are urgent openings to interested applicants for same job profile listed above.

Please note this time it applies to those presently based in Portharcourt and environs ONLY.

forward resume to idealcystems@yahoo.com

Goodluck!
Re: Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP by kelvincoll(m): 11:14am On Aug 18, 2016
VACANCIES AVAILABLE for

a}HELP-DESK Executives
b}FIELD SERVICE Engineers

IMPORTANT: Must be Resident around one of areas listed

i. Ojo-Alaba, Igando and environs AND

2. Lekki, Ajah and environs

3. Apapa, Ajegunle

•Provide technical support to subscribers with multiple concurrent issues, taking ownership of assigned incidents and proactively dealing with internet connectivity issues.
•Provide 2nd line technical support function including but not limited to remote and desk side support
•Installing, maintaining, repairing, and testing of terminal equipment and maintenance.
•Provide On-site technical assistance to customers at different location as assigned.
• Responsible for carrying out detailed Site Survey for Outdoor CPE while ensuring proper documentation is maintained.
• Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and inform Team Lead on recommended solutions
• Conduct scheduled preventive/corrective maintenance exercises.
• Maintaining adequate tools and other resources for quick Troubleshooting and fixing of customers premises equipment problems.
• Drive sales and build strong client relationship by ensuring client satisfaction at all time

REQUIREMENT
• A Bachelor Degree/ HND in: Electrical/Electronics/Computer/Communication/Info Tech/ICT/Hardware & Networks Engineering, Physics Eng.
• Minimum of 2 years' operational experience working in a Telecom company/ Wireless ISP.
• A good understanding of Wireless network principles and modem troubleshooting is required
• Knowledge of PC, Operating systems, Ethernet & TCP/IP networking technologies and protocols.
• Field Experience is mandatory. (For Field Engineers)
• Experience in a role with hands on complex Technical problem solving as a daily occurrence on any or all of Layer1 / 2 networks
• CCNA / ITIL certification equivalent a distinct advantage
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Self-motivated & Creative problem solving abilities.

APPLICATION METHOD
Kindly forward resume and accompanying cover letter to idealcystems@yahoo.com with role applied for as aubject
CV collections closes Friday 1st SEPT 2016
Re: Technical Opportunities In A Lagos Based ISP by adeyusuf2000: 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thanks so much for this useful information, i have applied for the post of Help-desk Executive, i have 2 good years in IT field, CCNA certified, ITIL Certification going on and CCNP route is in view.

i hope i will be considered for this position, am hoping to hear from them soon by the grace of GOD.

thanks alot.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview From Bgr Mgt / Exagon Pharma Nig Ltd Calls For Interview / Nigerian Law School Latest Job Recruitment (15 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.