Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,275 members, 7,957,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

Abeg Who Watches Fringe? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Abeg Who Watches Fringe? (2900 Views)

Who Watches THE JOHNSONS On African Magic / who watches India - A Love Story / Who Watches 'All About Camilla'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by Nnenna1(f): 5:46pm On Feb 13, 2009
It's the new series with Anna Torv and Johsua Jackson (The guy from dawson's creek). It's sort of like the x-files. Basically, Anna Torv is FBI agent Olivia Dunham, who tries to solves classified strange cases dealing with fringe science, amid the "pattern" and an impending apocalypse. She's assisted by a mad scientist Walter Bishop and his 190IQ criminal son. I lurve it. I especially like trying to catch "the observer" and how everything seems to link with Massive Dynamic. There're so many hidden symbols here it's not even funny.

No one around me watches it so I place it online. Anyone seen this week's episode? What do you make of Walter writing the apocalyptic book? I'm rewatching some episodes on hulu.com because I feel like something went over my head.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by Bosin(m): 11:30pm On Feb 13, 2009
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 12:05am On Feb 14, 2009
My sister I dey watch am religiously  smiley
that was a nice nut-shell description of the show, Joshua is perfect with his sarcasm and wit and Anna Torv is simply fantastic. "Broyles & Charlie" are also nice supporting cast characters.
  I live in Boston and its so cool to see areas I know and have been to popping up on the show  smiley

Nnenna1:

No one around me watches it so I place it online. Anyone seen this week's episode? What do you make of Walter writing the apocalyptic book? I'm rewatching some episodes on hulu.com because I feel like something went over my head.
  Mehn it was a nice twist but not too suprising I guess. I think it'll end up being Bell that wrote it, it'll add up since he went on to found Massive Dynamic. I loved the x-files but I hope they don't make this an 'aliens vs humans' thing.

I'm a lil nervous about the direction they're going with making Olivia "special" with the whole ability thing . . . but it should be fun if they can keep the writing creative.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by Nnenna1(f): 1:44am On Feb 14, 2009
JeSoul:

My sister I dey watch am religiously  smiley
that was a nice nut-shell description of the show, Joshua is perfect with his sarcasm and wit and Anna Torv is simply fantastic. "Broyles & Charlie" are also nice supporting cast characters.
  I live in Boston and its so cool to see areas I know and have been to popping up on the show  smiley

Mehn it was a nice twist but not too suprising I guess. I think it'll end up being Bell that wrote it, it'll add up since he went on to found Massive Dynamic. I loved the x-files but I hope they don't make this an 'aliens vs humans' thing.

I'm a lil nervous about the direction they're going with making Olivia "special" with the whole ability thing . . . but it should be fun if they can keep the writing creative.

I know, the alien vs human implication makes me nervous too, and the bit with Olivia and the shining lights sort of takes me back to the matrix, terminator 3 and "the one" syndrome.  Let's hope it doesn't go there, I think the writers know better than that, lol, next thing we know, we'll be thrown another curve ball.

Didn't think of Bell writing the book. it's a BIG possbility, seeing that Bell and Walter were acquaintances long before Massive Dynamic. I don't know why, but I also think there's more to Astrid as well.

Don't you just love when Walter seemingly ponders about something important only for you to find that he wants ice-cream or candy? lol.

Is the series a big deal in Boston, by the way?
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by spikedcylinder: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2009
I caught a few scenes from one episode the other day. Its good then?
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by Nnenna1(f): 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Yeah. The episodes are really inter-linked though. You'd have to start from the beginning to appreciate it. We're only 14 episodes in, so you could catch up by watching it online. Hulu has all of the episodes, I think.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2009
Nnenna1:

I know, the alien vs human implication makes me nervous too, and the bit with Olivia and the shining lights sort of takes me back to the matrix, terminator 3 and "the one" syndrome.  Let's hope it doesn't go there, I think the writers know better than that, lol, next thing we know, we'll be thrown another curve ball.
  lol true and that's what I've loved about it so far, its been unpredictable and I like that.

Didn't think of Bell writing the book. it's a BIG possbility, seeing that Bell and Walter were acquaintances long before Massive Dynamic. I don't know why, but I also think there's more to Astrid as well.
  Yeah I think it'd be too obvious if it ends up being Walter who wrote it . .  . this myserious Bell that we never get to see self  cheesy. I'm anticipating the look on Peter's face when he finds this out  smiley

Don't you just love when Walter seemingly ponders about something important only for you to find that he wants ice-cream or candy? lol.
  LOL I absolutely do!  grin  and Peter's witty sarcastic remarks are just priceless during those times.

Is the series a big deal in Boston, by the way?
    Not as far as I can tell actually. I think if the show continues to get good ratings as it is, it'll get bigger. Oh and another thing I like about it is the limited commercials . . . "Fringe will return in 60 seconds" lol and it really does  smiley
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Oh yeah gurl. I've been watching since the first episode and its smart, witty and unpredictable. Fringe and 24 are the shows I follow religiously smiley

Nnenna1:

Yeah. The episodes are really inter-linked though. You'd have to start from the beginning to appreciate it. We're only 14 episodes in, so you could catch up by watching it online. Hulu has all of the episodes, I think.

Fox.com also has all the episodes on their website for free with practically no commercial interruption and the video quality is super. Connect ur pc to ur tv and it'll look fantastic.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by spikedcylinder: 10:06am On Feb 15, 2009
Its in the same league as 24? Thats a deflator. embarassed
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2009
You don't like 24? shocked
And no, Fringe is nuthin like 24. See the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fringe_(TV_Series). Its centered around FBI agent Dunham who deals with strange and paranormal situations and cases.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by spikedcylinder: 6:55am On Feb 16, 2009
No, I don't like 24. embarassed tongue Will check this Fringe though. . . smiley
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

No, I don't like 24. embarassed tongue Will check this Fringe though. . . smiley

wow you have got to be the first person grin just outta curiosity why don't you like it?
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by spikedcylinder: 10:02am On Feb 17, 2009
Oh well, just not my thing. can't stand all dem 24, Lost, Prison's Break etc.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Oh well, just not my thing. can't stand all dem 24, Lost, Prison's Break etc.
lol . . . well different strokes for different folks smiley
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by spikedcylinder: 9:18am On Feb 18, 2009
Yep Yep. smiley
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by candylips(m): 10:52am On Feb 23, 2009
I watched a couple of episodes but i just couldn't sustain an interest. Its basically a boring copy of x-files
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by seunallday: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2009
nigerians and thier 24 and prison break sha,

i love themed shows, especially cos u get to learn a lot about stuff, u wouldnt ordinariy read about, but i aint seen fringe, saw d dvd in marina once but have not even had time to watch the wrestler on my laptop, will def give it a try after my exams tho, who watches criminal minds, thats the isht
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by iice(f): 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2009
I watch fringe and i have been waiting for 3 weeks for the thing to get back on angry.

Walter Bishop is totally awesome!! cheesy
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2009
New episodes start in April . . . I believe they were making way for American Idol
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by iice(f): 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2009
Bahhh grin
I'll watch the whole thing again lol.
So did you guys notice the observer in the episodes?
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2009
iice:

Bahhh grin
I'll watch the whole thing again lol.
So did you guys notice the observer in the episodes?

who/what is that?
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by iice(f): 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2009
The bald headed guy in the 5th or so episode. The one where the cylinder comes out of the ground.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2009
iice:

The bald headed guy in the 5th or so episode. The one where the cylinder comes out of the ground.
it's not ringing a bell. I did miss a few episodes earlier. He was only in 1 episode?
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by iice(f): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2009
No, you get to meet him on the 5th episode. He will be introduced to us.
Thats the episode Peter was abducted. Anyways like i said, we meet him in that episode but he's in all the episodes just you have to look for him in them tongue

I didn't know, it was dinozzo who told me grin
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2009
iice:

No, you get to meet him on the 5th episode. He will be introduced to us.
Thats the episode Peter was abducted. Anyways like i said, we meet him in that episode but he's in all the episodes just you have to look for him in them tongue

I didn't know, it was dinozzo who told me grin

I missed that episode . . . wow really? smiley see Fringe experts grin I'll keep my eyes open when I go back to watch it.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by iice(f): 7:11am On Mar 14, 2009
Na wah.  How do you do it?  I mean missing some episodes and continuing? tongue  If it's a show i like, i can't skip any episode ooo. 

The interesting thing about this show for me is Walter's mind. 
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by dinozzo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2009
Fringe has been on a mini-hiatus for a while now, I think its the show with the most amount of breaks angry. I like it though i still think it can get better

@iice did u notice the observer in the last episode he was in the plane, I think i saw him and whats with Olivia having special abilities
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by iice(f): 9:58am On Mar 15, 2009
dinozzo:

Fringe has been on a mini-hiatus for a while now, I think its the show with the most amount of breaks angry. I like it though i still think it can get better

@iice did u notice the observer in the last episode he was in the plane, I think i saw him and whats with Olivia having special abilities

Totally agree esp. with the bold part.
Gah you know am not sure it was him i saw, i'm planning to watch the whole thing all over again.
Ahahahahaha, off telekinesis. Am not surprised though, after all the weird things going on in that division, its only natural that someone will start exhibiting powers and Liv is the ideal candidate.
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by dinozzo(m): 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2009
its at the newstand he was shown when that guy was sealing up at the beginning of the episode, don't think there was any plane scene in the last episode must have been in the one before
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by iice(f): 7:35pm On Apr 25, 2009
JS!!!

You watching again? cheesy
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by JeSoul(f): 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2009
Yessur iice smiley  I'm def watching. The last couple episodes were solid . . . i liked "Inner Child" a lot, didn't fancy "Unleashed" that much.

And thot last week's  "Bad Dreams" added a nice twist to the plot . . . Olivia finding her fellow experimented child partner and ending with Walter finding and watching a tape of olivia as a child and its his voice doing the testing  shocked  cheesy  - all very nice twists.

however I absolutely hated the shameless injection of the stripclub scene where she kisses the stripper and then the following 'sex'   angry   one of the biggest selling points for me when it comes to Fringe is the absence of sex and all that nonsense prevalent on other shows. I hope they don't go there again  angry
Re: Abeg Who Watches Fringe? by iice(f): 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2009
For a moment i thought Charlie would get axed. . .

Walter drives me crazy grin grin Doesnt Walter have a hand in those experiments? That man, he has many secrets grin

Ehehehehehe, i thought the part Olivia was under hypnosis was hilarious, Astrid was like 'Oh!, then Peter. . .Walter was clueless at first hehehehe grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Remembers Tele Match In The 90's? / Is There Any Tv Series Like Strike Back? / Looking 4 Partners For My 1st Movie Project.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.