Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] (887 Views)

Only For Genious / Only A Genious Can Solve This / The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by Galaxyroyp(m): 8:30pm On May 26, 2015
Hello, my fellow English-whizkid Nairalander.
As a whiz-kid in English Language, i think this question should not pose a problem for You and I.
I am Arguing with someone who had just finished her examination recently. She showed me her question papers, in which i checked the Biology question No. 13
Based on English-Biological question.
It goes thus:

=> .................. is the release of waste products into water bodies in an amount which is detrimental to human, plant and animal life.

This is my Solution to the question:

Before we can know the answer, we must know the meaning of two-words.
1.POLLUTION
2.POLLUTANT
Pollution: can simply be defined as the process by which harmful waste products are been discharge into the water, enviroment and air by man activities WHILE 2.] POLLUTANT: are those/the waste products that are been discharge into the enviroment.

And from how the question goes that: is the release it means a process and by including WATER in the question also, the answer must be WATER POLLUTION.

If your answer support or oppose, let's see your own view with how you derive your answer.
NOTE: SHE CHOOSE POLLUTANT is she correct
If possible, lets move this to the front page.

cc: seun, ymodulus, lalasticlala, nairaland, galaxyroyp, e.t.c
Re: ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by Pinkiedearie(f): 8:41pm On May 26, 2015
You're correct Op..
Re: ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by aknopic: 8:41pm On May 26, 2015
a waste product is a pollutant while the discharge into water body or any medium is pollution
Re: ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by Galaxyroyp(m): 9:00pm On May 26, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
You're correct Op..
Abi, and if you saw how she was arguing, anyway thanks Sister.
Re: ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by Ymodulus: 9:01pm On May 26, 2015
You are right while she is wrong.

The phrase " the release of " signify a process and not labelling a product. This goes to say Pollution is right not pollutant
Re: ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by Pinkiedearie(f): 9:06pm On May 26, 2015
Galaxyroyp:
Abi, and if you saw how she was arguing, anyway thanks Sister.
she wouldn't want to accept defeat cos' she knows she has failed that question
Re: ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by Galaxyroyp(m): 9:11pm On May 26, 2015
Ymodulus:
You are right while she is wrong.

The phrase " the release of " signify a process and not labelling a product. This goes to say Pollution is right not pollutant
Thanks to Ymodulus and others.
I am showing these comment of you guys to her. I think she will realize. Thanks again.
Re: ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by herald9: 10:55pm On May 26, 2015
Tell her she just lost two marks!
Re: ONLY English-biological Genious Here! Is This Correct?? [ENTER] by Galaxyroyp(m): 10:58pm On May 26, 2015
herald9:
Tell her she just lost two marks!
lols. Thanks bro.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin (unilorin) 2015/16 Post Utme Form, Direct Entry Form, Diplo / Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State 2015/16 POST UTME Form, Direct / 400 Years From Now No One Will Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.