Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World (590 Views)

Man Playing With Snake In Front Of Children In Zamfara (photos) / Nigerians You Need To Read This : The Secret Of MMM Nigeria Has Been Revealed / Customs Officers Shoot Dead 3 School Children And 1 Okada Rider (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World by TopWinner(m): 9:05am On May 27, 2015
The 2015 Global Monitoring Report
(GMR) has revealed that Nigeria has
the highest number of out-of-
school children in the world and
the figure is still increasing since
The report with the theme
“Education for All 2000-2015:
Achievements and Challenges”,
stated that Nigeria lacks progress
in almost every EFA goal as
corruption, conflict and lack of
investment have resulted in Nigeria
having one of the worst
educational systems in the world.
The report added that the political
leadership has been identified as
corrupt, losing $21million of
education funding over two years.
It added, “Despite Nigeria’s GNP
per capita growing substantially
between 1999 and 2012,
investment in education remains
low.”
It said that as a result, the most
basic of resources for education
are limited, adding that additional
220,000 primary school teachers,
representing 15% of the global
total, are needed.
It further revealed that the gap
between the poor and the average
in Nigeria has increased with the
number of children from the
poorest households going to
primary school falling from 35% to
25% in 2013.
The report added that no country
in sub-Saharan Africa has achieved
the global Education for All (EFA)
goals, maintaining that “an extra
$22billion a year is needed.

leadership.ng/news/424437/nigeria-has-highest-number-of-out-of-school-children-in-the-world-report

The government should help these children.
Also, if you're out there and God has Blessed you; please, Bless the lives of these children. Help send at lease one to school.
God Bless Us and Bless Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World by skondo09(m): 9:12am On May 27, 2015
SOURCE pls...
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World by delishpot: 9:17am On May 27, 2015
Even if una no tell me, I know this before.
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World by ammyluv2002(f): 9:19am On May 27, 2015
I don't believe this report with the number of graduates we have in the Country!
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World by Heromaniaa: 9:36am On May 27, 2015
Pathetic.
ammyluv2002:
I don't believe this report with the number of graduates we have in the Country!
Pathetic. Is the number of graduates a paradigm for measuring the number of out-of-school-children?
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World by ammyluv2002(f): 10:11am On May 27, 2015
Heromaniaa:
Pathetic. Pathetic. Is the number of graduates a paradigm for measuring the number of out-of-school-children?
Pathetic ko ni!

Tell me where you can get high rate of school dropouts in Nigeria except in the North? Well, I'm not here to argue anything sha
Re: Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World by Lilyomi(f): 11:00am On May 27, 2015
Oh well another bad report.... Neeeext!

(1) (Reply)

A Peep Into An Ibadan Woman's Phone Book / God Won't Listen To Nigerian Songs - Etcetera Writes / Nurse Wins Miss Virgin Pageant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.