Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

the Gate Man's Diary - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / the Gate Man's Diary (2277 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 27, 2015
First of all I haven't written a story before

Actually I don't like writing but it keeps calling

So I thought I should answer the call for once

So this is not going to be like the normal story it gonna be like a diary
But it not real well that y I did not post it on the diary section

I just hope I can do this guys I need ur encouragement pleas feel free to correct even the slightest mistake constructive critics ar welcomed

here we go
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by RocosoNigeriano: 10:50pm On May 27, 2015
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 27, 2015
Hmm, srry r u a gateman by profession? Cos that will nake it easier for u
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 27, 2015
My NICK NAME IS BATULA angrydon't ask me how I got that name. am only but a gate man. besides no one care about the feeling of an ordinary gate man that why u start going in and out of the compound when it starts raining. horn like u ar being chased by an angry mob u don't care if he is sleeping or eating all u know is OPEN the damm gate so u can zoom of to were ever people like u zoom off to. sometime I just wish u zoom into a moving train on ur way out or something worse even though the wishes never came through. well we never stopped wishing. occasionally we wish u well
When u tip us grin a few buck can add extra years to gate man's life

U think am laying ask ur gate man

1 Like

Re: the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 27, 2015
qbd2:
Hmm, srry r u a gateman by profession? Cos that will nake it easier for u

Not really but av don something like that sometime ago

But that's not y am writing u see there is this weird thing I do
I make movies in my head save it and then watch it when am bored it may be like 2weeks after making the imaginary movie. So I thought maybe I should find a way to bring it out for other people to c and it's really weird cause I can remember the ones I made 5years ago lol. But am a terrible writer and I hate writing but deep down there is this thing that keep pushing to write something each time I hold a pen I feel connected to it so instead of fighting it I have decided to embrace it
So this story would be like a lab for me. were I practise since practise makes perfect I hop to be like some of this insane writers on NL and I trust N lander they never sugar quote things so I will know when I improve then I can write a good story. That y I made it a diary
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by LarrySun(m): 12:22am On May 28, 2015
Kindly make use of the punctuation marks.
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 2:14am On May 28, 2015
LarrySun:
Kindly make use of the punctuation marks.

Thank man

Lesson cool

I never valued that thing

Except on exams
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 7:42am On May 28, 2015
Soo I was up all night pumping water.
Since nepa only gives us light once in a day. blame the fuel scarcity.
This morning all I want to do is sleep, and then sleep some more but guess what. that fvucking too much to ask for of a gate man.
Some thing weird happened yesterday night. but before I gist u let me introduce u to my ogas .

I work In a house with 15 flat, they ar all 4 room each.
All the 15 flat has been occupied. people call this house wonder mansion, because of the supered architectural work. the caretaker told me it was planned by an australian architect I won't bother explaining what the house look like.

So the first person u need to know is ismaila the gardener. I think he is from kano or so. I don't sha but I know he is a northerner. I know what u ar thinking but sorry to disappoint u he speaks good english. but he still has the accent though (they never disappoint) the funny thing about this dude is that he believe he is higher that every other worker in the compound. simply because he is their supervisor. (Notice i used their and not our)
Nobody likes ismaila. trust me if u know this guy you won't like him either and there is this secret thing going on between him and mr Benson's house girl. But little did he know. nothing can be hidden from a gate man *smiles* I will tell u more of these when the real fun begins
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 8:18am On May 28, 2015
The second person is electrician.
No one knows his real name. we call him papa smali but guess what!!

He is as single as opra so am as confused as u. I don't know were he got that name from . Who cares as long as he is cool with the name. Even if he is not cool with it,it won't change anything. y would anybody be kul with the name BATULA.
yet that is what everybody calls me even with my plenty swaga. ohh back to papa smali
Like I said he is an electrician fair in collection but noticeably ugly. *in wole soyinca's voice* his ugliness cannot be over emphasised. In fact he is not just ugly he is ugly and short. but he is good in what he dose
And he has a weird sense of humor. just like ismaila nobody likes him either. when the real story starts I will tell u y nobody likes him
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 9:03am On May 28, 2015
Hold on!! Let me introduce u to the most controversial worker in the compound.
Aunty BOSE angry she is cleaner or can I say a controversial cleaner.
And of cause u can't talk of Bose without talking about oga plumber,
Those two ar love birds. (if I hear)
Oga plumber is nothing but anty bose's passive income rout aka maga.
I weep for that son of a gun. even though am a benefactor.
Aunty bose is not a stingy lady, anytime she hamma she never forget too say something to her boy
Even though I get more salary and tips than any other worker. *smiles* yea oga plumber is a plumber. I don't know if that guy intentionally spoils something any time he comes to work. so that they would call him to come back again. after me the almighty gate man, he is the highest earner. well technically he earn more than me but spends it on bose and then bose settles me. I like the both of them because of their generosity I don't know if other people like them sha
Re: the Gate Man's Diary by Nobody: 11:00am On May 31, 2015
Ok no more introductions but there ar still so many people u should know so I would introduce them when they have a role to play

*grim grim* mr Patrick,s door bell rang.
I have been pressing that bell for over 7 minutes, still i got no reply.
Which kind thing be this now ehhhe.
I wanted to press the bell for the last time, when I heard, it fucking open!! Me I was like omg!! who dose he think it is, mheen I had to let them know it was me oo. before I turn jesu wey pay for another man sin. for slaps and slaps like ar the things av not earned since I stopped eating mama thank u.(It means my parent don't feed me anymore)
What part of open did u not understand!!. at that very moment two things were on my mind go, and come back when he stops sleep walking, or just go in and tell him to shut da Bleep up. ironically I did non of the above, I just walked in only to contend with a flying laptop. woosh kungfu movies paid off after all. mheen this is outright injustice how can GOD give this man capacity to own a laptop, I watched the laptop land on the wall, then on the ground. in my mind I was like this guy get liver oo. even our dear nollywood Dose not have the liver throw common tehcno on the ground. they wld rather throw it on a bed or chair. just before I finish thinking of a thousand thing I would av don with dat laptop, then an iphone flew from my side. wtf I turned and saw his wife. immediately i forgot the laptop and every other thing lying on the floor that has obviously had their good times exploring the high cellins.
Mr patrice's wife is drop dead sexy infectious beauty diva. mheen if u c this woman ehhhe ur head go turn start to carry u neck for u.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Words Of Wisdom / The Whispering Trees - A Short Story By Abubakar Ibrahim / **entangled**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.