Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Who Get Faith Pass - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Get Faith Pass (1311 Views)

Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass / Suleman's 2015 Prophecy On Buhari Comes To Pass..? / Is Apostle Suleman's Prophecy Coming To Pass? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Get Faith Pass by Pennah(m): 8:26pm On May 28, 2015
who amongst dis has faith pass

NOAH:- Build an ark upon no sign of rain of rain he stil carried on wit d work which took him 120 years to complete the ark wit no visibles signs of rain

ABRAHAM:- Embark on a journey wit no direction and also blieve on havin a child at his old age

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by davien(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2015
The question we should be asking is why you have faith to believe those events actually happened...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by johnydon22(m): 9:24pm On May 28, 2015
Pennah:

NOAH:- Build an ark upon no sign of rain of rain he stil carried on wit d work which took him 120 years to complete the ark wit no visibles signs of rain

ABRAHAM:- Embark on a journey wit no direction and also blieve on havin a child at his old age

Noah's ark took 120 years to finish and the timbers lingered for that long... Now i will be damned.. This is juicy cheesy

Somehow timber lasted 120years without rotting or breaking into pieces, most of those woods and the boat must have been fossil before the 120years. .lol..

4 Likes

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Pennah(m): 9:33pm On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

Noah's ark took 120 years to finish and the timbers lingered for that long... Now i will be damned.. This is juicy cheesy

Somehow timber lasted 120years without rotting or breaking into pieces, most of those woods and the boat must have been fossil before the 120years. .lol..

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Pennah(m): 9:36pm On May 28, 2015
johnydon22:

all d stufz fo d buildin wer directed nd provided by God himself nd also there was no rain
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by johnydon22(m): 9:38pm On May 28, 2015
Pennah:
all d stufz fo d buildin wer directed nd provided by God himself nd also there was no rain

They were provided by god and somehow he didn't just provide the boat like he provided the material and save the dude some 120years work. . . I think the Gilgamesh story (Babylonian flood story written more than a thousand years before the noah story) is beginning to make more sense.. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by NumberOne2(m): 2:01am On May 29, 2015
johnydon22:

What is this? Don't know that wood can last hundreds of years depending on humidity and insect (termites)? Fossils takes thousands of years to form so 120 year old wood CANNOT fossilize. There are many houses built with wood in ancient times around the World (Nigeria inclusive) that are still standing.

Pennah:

"By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went" - Heb 11:7 - 8

Jesus said ALL you need is faith like a mustard seed. That is good enough.

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by johnydon22(m): 6:42am On May 29, 2015
NumberOne2:

What is this? Don't know that wood can last hundreds of years depending on humidity and insect (termites)? Fossils takes thousands of years to form so 120 year old wood CANNOT fossilize. There are many houses built with wood in ancient times around the World (Nigeria inclusive) that are still standing.
and the boy couldn't figure out i was being sarcastic when i said fossil... #sighs.

Am i to start arguing over obvious mythology... Boy i recommend Gilgamesh flood story then start again.

2 Likes

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 8:54am On May 29, 2015
Pennah:

Did god also build the ark? Was there also mist and fog in the area, or god stopped that also? So Noah's family and other beneficiaries must have been useless during the construction of the impossible boat?

Why do you all work so hard to uphold a lie, by telling more lies?

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by johnydon22(m): 9:09am On May 29, 2015
Pennah:

And this slipped my mind totally... WTF

No rain for 120years?? shocked Dude no offense but you need psychiatric check up.. you did not imagine how catastrophic it will be if rain ceases for 2years talk more of 120years. . . by the time 120years elapses there will be nobody or plants for the flood to kill anymore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 9:52am On May 29, 2015
NumberOne2:

What is this? Don't know that wood can last hundreds of years depending on humidity and insect (termites)? Fossils takes thousands of years to form so 120 year old wood CANNOT fossilize. There are many houses built with wood in ancient times around the World (Nigeria inclusive

And these houses can withstand a flood, right? The atmospheric pressure these wooden houses withstand must certainly be the same with the pressure at the bottom of a boat, right? So Noah must have pressure-treated the woods he used to build the ark, like that used to build houses in the 19th century (ad)?

It is true that wood couldn't have fossilised in that time period -- he was just being sarcastic! But, I am certain the untreated Gopher wood , the Bible claims Noah used cannot use 2 years without full servicing, talk less of 120 years. In actual fact, the only people at that time, who could manufacture a boat of a far smaller magnitude were the Egyptians, not the Jews! So wake up from the delusions of the Bible and face reality!

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 9:55am On May 29, 2015
johnydon22:

And this slipped my mind totally... WTF

No rain for 120years?? shocked Dude no offense but you need psychiatric check up.. you did not imagine how catastrophic it will be if rain ceases for 2years talk more of 120years. . . by the time 120years elapses there will be nobody or plants for the flood to kill anymore.

As in, maybe, these guys are some primary school children, who managed to understand how to read and write English language fast!

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 10:42am On May 29, 2015
they have no faith, all they have is fear.
they knew how wicked the jewish yahweh is.
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Pennah(m): 10:48am On May 29, 2015
theAtheist101:

Did god also build the ark? Was there also mist and fog in the area, or god stopped that also? So Noah's family and other beneficiaries must have been useless during the construction of the impossible boat?

Why do you all work so hard to uphold a lie, by telling more lies?
i can lie on any kind of stuff but com to tink of it wil a sensible human bein upload lies on d bibles

Mind u d bible say we dare nt ad nor subtract frm wot is there in the bible
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Pennah(m): 10:50am On May 29, 2015
[quote author=MrPresident post=34204561]they have no faith, all they have is fear.
they knew how wicked the jewish yahweh is.[/quote.]
u sound unborn
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 10:53am On May 29, 2015
Pennah:
u sound unborn

really? better unborn than ill informed, brainwashed and deluded.

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by NumberOne2(m): 11:42am On May 29, 2015
theAtheist101:

And these houses can withstand a flood, right? The atmospheric pressure these wooden houses withstand must certainly be the same with the pressure at the bottom of a boat, right? So Noah must have pressure-treated the woods he used to build the ark, like that used to build houses in the 19th century (ad)?

It is true that wood couldn't have fossilised in that time period -- he was just being sarcastic! But, I am certain the untreated Gopher wood , the Bible claims Noah used cannot use 2 years without full servicing, talk less of 120 years. In actual fact, the only people at that time, who could manufacture a boat of a far smaller magnitude were the Egyptians, not the Jews! So wake up from the delusions of the Bible and face reality!

What is this? Do you know why wood is treated? It is treated mainly for insects and humidity like I stated. Modern treatments also improve water resistance and more recently pressure resistance. Wood on its own has great structural integrity.
Are you telling me that early American's who arrived from Europe pressure treated the wood for construction? Stop making a fuss of common knowledge. Go do your research.

PS: The flood was for 40 days. I'm sure wood can survive that.

As for johnydon22, I know he was kidding. The kid has a good sense of humour.
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by NumberOne2(m): 11:46am On May 29, 2015
johnydon22:
and the boy couldn't figure out i was being sarcastic when i said fossil... #sighs.

Am i to start arguing over obvious mythology... Boy i recommend Gilgamesh flood story then start again.

Yeah, I know you were kidding. You're a good sport.
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 29, 2015
Pennah:
i can lie on any kind of stuff but com to tink of it wil a sensible human bein upload lies on d bibles

Mind u d bible say we dare nt ad nor subtract frm wot is there in the bible

The rule is only binding on you! Yet, you have added and subtracted to it. In fact, you are close to writing your own version. Which is actually good for you, since you would immortalise yourself.

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 29, 2015
NumberOne2:

What is this? Do you know why wood is treated? It is treated mainly for insects and humidity like I stated. Modern treatments also improve water resistance and more recently pressure resistance. Wood on its own has great structural integrity.
Are you telling me that early American's who arrived from Europe pressure treated the wood for construction? Stop making a fuss of common knowledge. Go do your research.

PS: The flood was for 40 days. I'm sure wood can survive that.

As for johnydon22, I know he was kidding. The kid has a good sense of humour.

You have only stated why woods that are used in the interior of houses are treated, not woods that are used to manufacture boats and ships. You should have also included pressure, wind and water pressures!

When did Columbus discover America? Was is it 2500 BC? The man took a voyage in 15th century (AD) that took two months and 8 days. Do know that they were stopping at islands intermediating Europe (Portugal) and "the New World" (America) to service the ship? Even with the breaks during the journey, do you know there ship still wrecked? Finally, do you know that the best ship built in 2500 BC were that of the Egyptians and we saw the evidence for their ships. The Noah's story is a myth concocted by liars, so I would advise you to wise up and see the truth.

Yes, hard wood might survive 40 days of flood, but can't survive (120 years * 365.25 days/year) + (40+ days [it was purported that they actually spent more days on the boat]) = 43870+ days (!) of atmospheric pressure and water pressure. Even a present day ship would not last this long!

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by NumberOne2(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2015
theAtheist101:

You have only stated why woods that are used in the interior of houses are treated, not woods that are used to manufacture boats and ships. You should have also included pressure, wind and water pressures!

When did Columbus discover America? Was is it 2500 BC? The man took a voyage in 15th century (AD) that took two months and 8 days. Do know that they were stopping at islands intermediating Europe (Portugal) and "the New World" (America) to service the ship? Even with the breaks during the journey, do you know there ship still wrecked? Finally, do you know that the best ship built in 2500 BC were that of the Egyptians and we saw the evidence for their ships. The Noah's story is a myth concocted by liars, so I would advise you to wise up and see the truth.

Yes, hard wood might survive 40 days of flood, but can't survive (120 years * 365.25 days/year) + (40+ days [it was purported that they actually spent more days on the boat]) = 43870+ days (!) of atmospheric pressure and water pressure. Even a present day ship would not last this long!

Water pressure? The boat floats on water, where is the pressure? Dont you know objects are lighter in water. A 1000kg boat will not exert the same 1000kg at its base in water as it will on land.

Your calculation is wrong. The boat was not on water for 120 years! Where did you get that from? You Dont even know the story yet you have concluded. (Arguing stuff you dont know. My mistake)

Leave the bible alone. If you Dont believe it thats fine but dont tell me wood in construction cannot survive beyond 120 years. There is enough evidence of wood surviving beyond that even here in Nigeria. Go do your research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by tpiadotcom: 5:47pm On May 29, 2015
this na job. undecided
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by johnydon22(m): 7:26pm On May 29, 2015
theAtheist101:

lol Noah's story is just a copy of the babylonian flood story of Gilgamesh written 1000years before the jewish civilization arose. . .

1 Like

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Pennah(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2015
theAtheist101:

The rule is only binding on you! Yet, you have added and subtracted to it. In fact, you are close to writing your own version. Which is actually good for you, since you would immortalise yourself.
gosh dis is d result of ilitracy
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Pennah(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2015
theAtheist101:

b4 i proceed i wil lyk to ask u a question if u can ansa den u wil satisfy urself
do u bliv dat wen Moses stroke a rock water rushd out ?? if yes den y dout Noah's story?? ( i can see u r doutin Gods power)
But if ur ansa is no NA U SABI
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 29, 2015
Pennah:
gosh dis is d result of ilitracy

Lol!
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 29, 2015
Pennah:
b4 i proceed i wil lyk to ask u a question if u can ansa den u wil satisfy urself
do u bliv dat wen Moses stroke a rock water rushd out ?? if yes den y dout Noah's story?? ( i can see u r doutin Gods power)
But if ur ansa is no NA U SABI

I would, if and only if, Moses' stick has a drill bit abs and an engine to drive the bit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 12:59am On May 30, 2015
NumberOne2:

Water pressure? The boat floats on water, where is the pressure? Dont you know objects are lighter in water. A 1000kg boat will not exert the same 1000kg at its base in water as it will on land.

Your calculation is wrong. The boat was not on water for 120 years! Where did you get that from? You Dont even know the story yet you have concluded. (Arguing stuff you dont know. My mistake)

Leave the bible alone. If you Dont believe it thats fine but dont tell me wood in construction cannot survive beyond 120 years. There is enough evidence of wood surviving beyond that even here in Nigeria. Go do your research.

Funny! Now I see where the problem really lies. You don't understand the workings of nature. The question use should ask yourself is why do ocean's have tides? Is it god that is moving the water or some daemons? What of ocean currents? These phenomena would generate pressure in any water body that is 9,000 metres high above the normal sea level (according to you Bible's tale). Next time you watch a video that involves a ship, try to notice as the ocean waves smash into the ship.

Read that result again and look closely at its unit. I wrote: 43870+ days (!) of atmospheric pressure and water pressure . Now you make me laugh about the timeline question. Everyone (an hyperbole!) knows the timeline except you. Seek Google for the timeline of the event.

Where did you see or read that untreated woods can survive for over 120 years? Don't you know woods rot, both hard and soft? You have just been mentioning Nigeria all this while, yet you cannot give me one good example of a house that was built with untreated wood during the time of Lord Lugard that still stands, not to talk of a boat. Even the treated ones still rot, because treatment only slows down the rate of rotting. Hard woods wouldn't last up to ten years before it starts decaying. Meaning that, only the would used 10 years before the flood would survive fungi attack.

Also mystify these logical questions about the tale:

https://sensuouscurmudgeon./2012/11/13/top-ten-reasons-noahs-flood-is-mythology/

The only way you can draw this argument with me is by going the "supernatural" way, just like other religionists. Let me help you out:

God being omnipotent, super-pressure treated the woods that were used for the manufacturing of the boat! In short, he was the labourer! Thank me through a pm! grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by NumberOne2(m): 3:54pm On May 30, 2015
theAtheist101:

Funny! Now I see where the problem really lies. You don't understand the workings of nature. The question use should ask yourself is why do ocean's have tides? Is it god that is moving the water or some daemons? What of ocean currents? These phenomena would generate pressure in any water body that is 9,000 metres high above the normal sea level (according to you Bible's tale). Next time you watch a video that involves a ship, try to notice as the ocean waves smash into the ship.

Read that result again and look closely at its unit. I wrote: 43870+ days (!) of atmospheric pressure and water pressure . Now you make me laugh about the timeline question. Everyone (an hyperbole!) knows the timeline except you. Seek Google for the timeline of the event.

Where did you see or read that untreated woods can survive for over 120 years? Don't you know woods rot, both hard and soft? You have just been mentioning Nigeria all this while, yet you cannot give me one good example of a house that was built with untreated wood during the time of Lord Lugard that still stands, not to talk of a boat. Even the treated ones still rot, because treatment only slows down the rate of rotting. Hard woods wouldn't last up to ten years before it starts decaying. Meaning that, only the would used 10 years before the flood would survive fungi attack.

Also mystify these logical questions about the tale:

https://sensuouscurmudgeon./2012/11/13/top-ten-reasons-noahs-flood-is-mythology/

The only way you can draw this argument with me is by going the "supernatural" way, just like other religionists. Let me help you out:

God being omnipotent, super-pressure treated the woods that were used for the manufacturing of the boat! In short, he was the labourer! Thank me through a pm! grin

Ocean tides?
Ah, you mentioned earlier of Christopher Columbus ship. What was it made of?
You mentioned earlier also of Egyptian boats, were they not made of wood.
Oh, these can stand water pressure, but when it comes to Noah's boat, it can't withstand water pressure?

Our initial dispute was of wood lasting more than 120 years.
I see you have seen evidence of the truth but instead of admitting that, you bring another issue of TIMELINE of the FLOOD? Nice try.
(Create a thread for that and I may explain to you)

Ok, here is just ONE example of wooden beams (with Pictures) in ITALY today that have lasted 800 years! Thank me later for this info. grin
http://www.treehugger.com/green-architecture/wood-construction-can-last-long-time.html

As for those in Nigeria, when I go to my village, I will take some pics for you.

Finally, if God built the ship, it wouldn't have taken 120 years to complete.
It took that long so you can appreciate the human effort in the construction. Comprehende?

PS: Judging from your username (101), I see you are new to Atheism. Its a long journey but here is a tip:
When disputing, get REAL data (like I did) rather than pointing to "BACK YARD" blogs on FREE hosting WordPress as evidence.
Re: Who Get Faith Pass by Nobody: 1:32am On May 31, 2015
NumberOne2:

How old are you? I just have to ask, because you seem to have problem comprehending things. Or, maybe, you are just trying to frustrate my efforts in enlightening you? You keep asking questions that I have already given answers to. I know you know nothing about marine engineering tongue and you are just trying to cling on this argument. This is the last time am replying you. I don't have time for useless things.

A useless questions from someone who evidently doesn't know anything about the subject matter. I already explained to you how Chinese made their ships that could travel through the ocean. This same model was adopted by Europe (Spain and Portugal). The woods were treated by air-drying and smoking. Columbus still had to split his journey, even with this technology and their ship still suffered wreckage even with the splitting of the journey. The Egyptian boat couldn't travel that far, so plied only River Nile. The woods they used were not treated (all this occurred 2500 BC), so the boats were very inefficient. On the hand, Noah's unfloatable ark couldn't have lasted 370 days on water, because he must have used untreated woods (same 2500 BC).

Another compression problem. You asked me how I came about my numbers and I simply pointed you to where you should seek answer to your question.

I asked you to give me an example of untreated wood, you are showing me
a treated one. Even with the treatment, the comments below the post made by intelligent people , warned the author never to try wood in some structural installations and in some climates. Read the comments below (am very magnanimous):

Bologna is particularly beautiful. One of the reasons was because it wasn't bombed during World War II, so it's completely intact. Also, the University gives the town a particular combined tradition of hard work but free culture.

This wood is so durable because it's old-growth, and was hand-split and quarter-sawn, which allows the wood to find its own strongest internal structure. It was also slowly air-dried, and some of it was even seasoned with smoke, which promote hardness and strength.

This process can't be faked. Of course, these days, with composites and other stuff, wood does exciting new things, but we should all be cultivating trees on vacant land to assure this older, more durable wood is in more plentiful supply for future generations. Japan has a government program to do this.

Interestingly, my class (I'm studying architectural technology) took a trip to the UBC campus yesterday to look at a number of the buildings. There are many examples of parallams and glulams that have been used as exterior supporting members. Many have not fared well, especially the parallams. Vancouver is very wet though, with little drying potential during the winter months, so buildings here are exposed to very different conditions than the above example. Additionally they were built at a time when not as much was known about the performance of engineered beams that are exposed to the elements. Surprisingly though, some of the newer building are showing signs of problems associated with their wooden components.

No doubt in the right climate with the correct detailing manufactured beams can do the job but should be used with caution.

It's true that sometimes wood can survive a very, very long time. But it's got a much narrower set of conditions where that is true than other materials. It needs to be dry, but not to dry.

You can find examples of very delicate things lasting a very long time in given situations, but that does not in any way change the fact that over-all, for most of the world, wood does not have the longevity of other materials.

And even in your example here, it's wooden support beams, that are primarily dry, under a brick structure. They are not the entire structure, they are a protected support structure. If you look around, I would bet that you would find examples where similar installations have had to be replaced, because the wood rotted out.

Used appropriately, any material can have some use. And used inappropriately, any material can be destroyed in a fairly short period of time...I'm currently removing a twenty year old concrete patio that is, on the underside, crumbly sand.

But concrete, overall, lasts much much longer than wood. Stone lasts much longer. Brick lasts much longer, in a wider variety of situations and conditions.

Wood can get wet as long as it dries out. The climate in Bologna enables that. The concern with many of the glues and adhesives that are used in glulam, CLT, LVL, OSB, etc, is that it changes the moisture properties of wood, many times rendering them less vapour permeable. We have also lost many of the techniques utilized to ensure that the wood is not exposed to micro-environments that are conducive to rot.

And this is just a building that is only exposed to mild atmospheric pressure, not to mention a boat/ship/ark that is exposed to water pressure inclusive. If you doubt me, go to that same website and ask them if it is possible to travel on the ocean with a wooden ship.

Actually, it took so long to build the ship, because it was a tale! The author/liar exaggerated everything in the story.

You don't need to launch a ".gov" website to criticise a story! The guy asked reasonable questions of the truthfulness of the story, and any serious and confident believer of the story would provide answers to them.

This ends my argument with you any further reply from you would just be read. Learn to be critical in your thinking! Thank you for wasting my time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Get Faith Pass by NumberOne2(m): 1:26pm On May 31, 2015
theAtheist101:

How old are you?
Now I see the true state of your brain. Well, I only have myself to blame.
You claim to be a intelligent yet in 2015 (21st century) you still think wisdom comes with age? shocked

theAtheist101:

I asked you to give me an example of untreated wood, you are showing me a treated one. Even with the treatment, the comments below the post made by intelligent people , warned the author never to try wood in some structural installations and in some climates.

This ends my argument with you any further reply from you would just be read. Learn to be critical in your thinking! Thank you for wasting my time.

Stay on one spot. You asked of wood lasting more than 120 years even in Nigeria and I showed you one of 800 years. Before today, If you were told that wood could last close to 1000 years would you agree? Is smoking wood such an advanced technology that Noah couldn't have used it?
Rather than thank me and move on, you display your ingratitude asking for timelines of the flood and giving excuses of 2nd World war bombing. Please.

Well, I said from the start that you DID NOT even know the story of Noah. I can see that educating you is futile even with hard evidence. Keep reading your ignorant cheap WORDPRESS blogs afterall ignorance is bliss right? Enjoy your new found bliss.

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ!!13 Normal Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do / Confession!!! We Atheits Work For Satan / Pope John Paul Secret Intimate Letters To A Married Woman Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.