Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. (7534 Views)

I Can Improve Your Website Speed / Problem With Website Speed / How To Configure W3 Total Cache Plugin and increase your website speed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by oteneaaron(m): 11:56pm On May 28, 2015
source:http://www.roviarsguide.com/website-design/top-4-ways-to-increase-your-website-speed

On the Internet, everything goes very fast. We all like to visit websites that load very quickly, especially when accessing from a mobile device. It costs a lot to attract visitors to your site; but then your visitors leave without having to see what you have to offer. A slow website can make you lose many customers and therefore money.

But it’s not just a matter of usability. For Google’s algorithm, speed is everything!!! An important part of SEO work on a project is to optimize the loading speed. To facilitate our work, Google provides us PageSpeed ​Insights a tool that lets us know the speed at which load our website and we implement these solutions to optimize our website.

How to increase the speed of your website.

The first thing you have to do to analyze our website is going to PageSpeed ​​Insights page and enter the URL of our site. Google will analyze and tell us how fast the page is. In this post we’ve done a test with the website– Konga.com

The PageSpeed ​​Insights gives a score between 0 and 100 on the loading speed for both mobile and computer.

Less than or equal to 60 tells us that the page is quite slow and you have to solve at least the most serious problems

If the score is between 60-80 our website is fast, but can be improved.

More than 80 would be a very acceptable speed load.

As shown in the example of the website of Konga.com the test result is 45 and 56 in the mobile version and desktop version respectively. These results are quite low and the website needs to be optimized.

PageSpeed ​​for SEO

Google Page Speed ​​gives the advice needed to optimize our website. Depending on the importance of change we need, Google tells us the elements that “must fix” marked in red and less important items marked in yellow that “should ask yourself correct.” It also talks about the elements that are optimized. At least we have to solve marked in red.

In each of the elements analyzed, PageSpeed ​​shows a link with tips to correct these issues.

Basically PageSpeed ​​analyzes server items that affect the speed of loading and aspects of the page that can slow down our website.

After Studying Google’s Pagespeed extensively, we came up with 4 ways to increase your website speed.

1.Specifying the browser cache:

With the cache we tell the browser not to ask again static files, such as images that have been downloaded, making user navigation is much faster by not having to redo the same requests to the server.

2.Server response time:

Your hosting company’s server loading time can affect the speed of your website.So Google takes this point in high consideration. It would require a study of both the application and the server to improve server response.

2.Image optimization:

It is one of the elements that affect the speed of a web. A website often has many images and if you add the weight of each will see that at the end we are talking about several megabytes. The more we can optimize images without losing quality the higher the increase in our website speed.

3. Java-scripts that block the loading of the page:

Some plugins or scripts that install on our websites use java-scripts are not always good because they are damaged or because they are very slow load block web until they are executed, so these java-scripts make our website load more slowly. We must detect and avoid this script.

4. JavaScript and CSS compress files

The fewer files that are downloaded, the fewer the requests to the server and this will make faster download speeds. The idea is to unify all java-script files into one and another and compress CSS.

In the analysis of the mobile version, google analyses the following factors to measure your website speed:

-Font size
-Button size
-Adapting the content of the graphic display
-using plugins that hinder the use of mobile devices

Now you should understand that Google attaches great importance to speed of of websites, hence the need for you to increase the speed of your website. It’s Clear that the speed of a website, especially on mobile devices is a very important and therefore affects a greater or lesser extent in the SEO.
source: http://www.roviarsguide.com/website-design/top-4-ways-to-increase-your-website-speed

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by webzyweb(m): 12:28am On May 29, 2015
Also, if you run a wordpress website, i can help you boost the speed to a greater speed, the page load time will be reduced to as low as 5secs for your site to load no matter your page size. I will do this by integrating a CDN Network. I will help you use Google Drive As a CDN , your contents will be server from google drive and cached for faster page serving. The Gzip compression is as high as over 9 on the score.

if you need to speed up your site,

Contact me on :

Mobile: 08133884165

WhatsApp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

contact webpage: http://www.1st-websitedesign.com

Am a website developer skilled in languages as: HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, PHP, MYSQL, Javascript/Jquery,JqueryMobile,Bootstrap Ajax.
phpquard

CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Opencart, Magento, Whmcs, Drupal and Pulse Cms, blogger ).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Roviarsguide(m): 12:34am On May 29, 2015
webzyweb:
Also, if you run a wordpress website, i can help you boost the speed to a greater speed, the page load time will be reduced to as low as 5secs for your site to load no matter your page size. I will do this by integrating a CDN Network. I will help you use Google Drive As a CDN , your contents will be server from google drive and cached for faster page serving. The Gzip compression is as high as over 9 on the score.

if you need to speed up your site,

Contact me on :

Mobile: 08133884165

WhatsApp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350

contact webpage: http://www.1st-websitedesign.com

Am a website developer skilled in languages as: HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, PHP, MYSQL, Javascript/Jquery,JqueryMobile,Bootstrap Ajax.
phpquard

CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, Opencart, Magento, Whmcs, Drupal and Pulse Cms, blogger ).
hey bro, why don't you share with us? remember no one is an epitome of knowledge...i was planning to post a separate guide for our fellow webmasters to to install a CDN free of charge without using MAXDON? So i honestly think you should help the room out once in while...you digg bro?

1 Like

Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Royalization(m): 8:33pm On May 29, 2015
Roviarsguide:

hey bro, why don't you share with us? remember no one is an epitome of knowledge...i was planning to post a separate guide for our fellow webmasters to to install a CDN free of charge without using MAXDON? So i honestly think you should help the room out once in while...you digg bro?

You are right

1 Like

Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by oteneaaron(m): 6:37am On May 30, 2015
first 2 pictures is my site page speed analysis....
second 2 pictures is from konga. com

Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Roviarsguide(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2015
a much more clearer picture

1 Like

Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Guruspanel: 9:47am On May 30, 2015
Roviarsguide:

how can someone install CDN free of charge without using MAXDON?? pls explain
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by born2lead01: 11:28am On May 30, 2015
Thanks
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Importguru(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2015
good

My Bo*bs Are Too Big For My Cloth To Cover — Actress Yvonne Jegede
SEE PHOTOS HERE=>>http://www.missfavour.com/2015/05/my-bobs-are-too-big-for-my-cloth-to.html
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by born2lead01: 11:32am On May 30, 2015
Thanks
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by SleekyP(m): 11:37am On May 30, 2015
www.sleekyp.com ...loading cool
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Youngzedd(m): 11:45am On May 30, 2015
How To Use Google Drive as CDN For Your Website

https://cube3x.com/how-to-use-google-drive-as-cdn-for-your-website/

You can also use free Cloud flare.

My 2 cents.
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Youngzedd(m): 11:47am On May 30, 2015
Roviarsguide:

Check my post above.
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Cirphrank(m): 11:51am On May 30, 2015
Okay na, make I dey read. Known already though.
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Ayietim(m): 11:56am On May 30, 2015
When I took your love for granted, it was hate that I chose and accepted. I did it out of ignorance,, tnanks for your endurance, you lived with my excesses for years, you accepted my imperfections in tears, tears for my sake, I was lost, I didn't know where I was going, you kept on searching with your love as my protective clothing, from stormy weather and extreme cold, which I had ignorantly exposed myself to. I am glad you found me when you did, I was close to death but you didn't give up on me. You rescued me and gave me shelter in your heart, in your heart, I am protected from the adversities of life. Why did you rescue me? please give me the reason, you saved a misfit, someone whose life didn't have a meaning, you saved a loafer from self destruction, I rejected what was right and chose meaningless isolation, an isolation from love and compassion, an isolation from your affection and passion, I guess I will never know why. http://ayietim.
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by smsdigito: 12:24pm On May 30, 2015
this is nice
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by uzo200(m): 1:04pm On May 30, 2015
meanwhile every slowpoke forming blogger look at this silly blog. http://WWW.touchpapyrus.com
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by WhatsappStatus(f): 1:12pm On May 30, 2015
Thanks for sharing this post, I too have my site, best whatsapp status, this tips helps me to speed up my website
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Revolva(m): 1:22pm On May 30, 2015
Check my site below d signature n see dat my site has good speed
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by ITbomb(m): 4:52pm On May 30, 2015
After years of frustration with blogs that cannot load well on mobile browsers especially opera mini, I decided to create a fast loading Tech Solutions Blog, where you can get the info you need easily.

Check www.ityunit.com, the fastest loading tech blog
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by bosunjohns(m): 9:15pm On May 30, 2015
oteneaaron:

source:http://www.roviarsguide.com/website-design/top-4-ways-to-increase-your-website-speed

On the Internet, everything goes very fast. We all like to visit websites that load very quickly, especially when accessing from a mobile device. It costs a lot to attract visitors to your site; but then your visitors leave without having to see what you have to offer. A slow website can make you lose many customers and therefore money.

But it’s not just a matter of usability. For Google’s algorithm, speed is everything!!! An important part of SEO work on a project is to optimize the loading speed. To facilitate our work, Google provides us PageSpeed ​Insights a tool that lets us know the speed at which load our website and we implement these solutions to optimize our website.

How to increase the speed of your website.

The first thing you have to do to analyze our website is going to PageSpeed ​​Insights page and enter the URL of our site. Google will analyze and tell us how fast the page is. In this post we’ve done a test with the website– Konga.com

The PageSpeed ​​Insights gives a score between 0 and 100 on the loading speed for both mobile and computer.

Less than or equal to 60 tells us that the page is quite slow and you have to solve at least the most serious problems

If the score is between 60-80 our website is fast, but can be improved.

More than 80 would be a very acceptable speed load.

As shown in the example of the website of Konga.com the test result is 45 and 56 in the mobile version and desktop version respectively. These results are quite low and the website needs to be optimized.

PageSpeed ​​for SEO

Google Page Speed ​​gives the advice needed to optimize our website. Depending on the importance of change we need, Google tells us the elements that “must fix” marked in red and less important items marked in yellow that “should ask yourself correct.” It also talks about the elements that are optimized. At least we have to solve marked in red.

In each of the elements analyzed, PageSpeed ​​shows a link with tips to correct these issues.

Basically PageSpeed ​​analyzes server items that affect the speed of loading and aspects of the page that can slow down our website.

After Studying Google’s Pagespeed extensively, we came up with 4 ways to increase your website speed.

1.Specifying the browser cache:

With the cache we tell the browser not to ask again static files, such as images that have been downloaded, making user navigation is much faster by not having to redo the same requests to the server.

2.Server response time:

Your hosting company’s server loading time can affect the speed of your website.So Google takes this point in high consideration. It would require a study of both the application and the server to improve server response.

2.Image optimization:

It is one of the elements that affect the speed of a web. A website often has many images and if you add the weight of each will see that at the end we are talking about several megabytes. The more we can optimize images without losing quality the higher the increase in our website speed.

3. Java-scripts that block the loading of the page:

Some plugins or scripts that install on our websites use java-scripts are not always good because they are damaged or because they are very slow load block web until they are executed, so these java-scripts make our website load more slowly. We must detect and avoid this script.

4. JavaScript and CSS compress files

The fewer files that are downloaded, the fewer the requests to the server and this will make faster download speeds. The idea is to unify all java-script files into one and another and compress CSS.

In the analysis of the mobile version, google analyses the following factors to measure your website speed:

-Font size
-Button size
-Adapting the content of the graphic display
-using plugins that hinder the use of mobile devices

Now you should understand that Google attaches great importance to speed of of websites, hence the need for you to increase the speed of your website. It’s Clear that the speed of a website, especially on mobile devices is a very important and therefore affects a greater or lesser extent in the SEO.
source: http://www.roviarsguide.com/website-design/top-4-ways-to-increase-your-website-speed
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by aceclue(m): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
The resource below answer most questions on how to increase website speed. Have a look and let me know your thought

http://aceclue.com/how-to-increase-website-speed/
Re: Top 4ways To Increase Your Website Speed. by Siteking: 1:09pm On May 20, 2022
We all know the essence of having a fast website, one that loads in less than 3 seconds.

Slow websites cost you revenue and Traffic and everyone knows that..

Speed is a ranking factor on Google as well as other search engines, and we know that SEO is the best source of traffic that converts..

Here's How to Speed Up your WordPress Website for free in 2022.

(1) (Reply)

Create Png ID Card With Database Info With PHP / 6 Mistakes That Can Kill Your Blog / Factors To Consider When Choosing A Host Service Provider.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.