Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu Turns Beggar! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu Turns Beggar! (1155 Views)

Ernest Asuzu: "My Stroke Caused By A Producer In Nollywood" / Ernest Asuzu Gets Jeep & N1.5m From Pastor Jeremiah Fufeyin (Video) / Ernest Asuzu Suffers Partial Stroke In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu Turns Beggar! by Utchry: 7:07am On May 30, 2015
What Happened?

A popular Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu was on Sunday, May 24, sighted at Shoprite in Surulere area of Lagos begging for money.
Asuzu who suffered stroke sometimes ago, wore a Manchester United jersey, blue jean trouser and a bathroom slippers begging for money.
According to a report, the actor, disclosed that the president of Actors Guild, Ibinabo Fiberesima alongside other actors have been briefed on his predicament but have continued to turned deaf ears to his appeal for assistance.
Asuzu said he decided to beg for alms in order to survive the hardship he is currently facing.

He says...

''I was in LASUTH for two months, three days and for that long, nobody from Nollywood, not even Ibinabo visited me. And she heard that I was admitted there. My friends told her that I was down with stroke and she pretended as if she didn't hear. It's not fair, I'm a human being too.''
''I am limping right now because I have a stroke. I'm limping because my people don't care. I'm limping because the industry is already messed up. I don't know what Ibinabo is doing. Ibinabo is just gallivanting. She is having fun and that is not the reason we put her there. She should go out there and fight for our people.''

The Imo-born actor began his acting career in the late 90s film, ''Another Campus Quen''. Ernest used to be Nollywood bad boy before Jim Iyke came on the scene. Before his disappearance from the movie world, he was entangled in series of controversies that led to rumours of insanity.

Re: Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu Turns Beggar! by Gboliwe: 7:20am On May 30, 2015
This is shocking! Shocking that he had stroke! Shocking that he couldn't take care of himself after all his exploits in nollywood and the music industry. Shocking that he is offended he didn't get visits from others. Shocking he is begging to survive. It is equally shocking he is blaming others for his situation! shocked shocked shocked

I think the most shocking part is the part where he said "Ibinabo is just having fun..." I mean, what was he expecting?

BTW, what's your source?
Re: Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu Turns Beggar! by Nobody: 7:23am On May 30, 2015
Facebook as the source?
Re: Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu Turns Beggar! by sunnydayasaba(m): 7:50am On May 30, 2015
No source, then i just walk away..I dnt believe it
Re: Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu Turns Beggar! by chrisifeanyi: 7:52am On May 30, 2015
shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked unbelievable
Re: Nollywood Actor, Ernest Asuzu Turns Beggar! by Shortyy(f): 8:09am On May 30, 2015
BULLSHÏT

(1) (Reply)

Korede Bello Drops Godwin Video With Don Jazzy / Dangote Tops New Forbes Magazine List Of 50 Richest Africans With Networth Of $2 / Happy Birthday To Nigerian Music Legend And Greatest Pop Act 2face Idibia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.