Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick (1473 Views)

Kindly Help I Just Bought A Usb Stick That Has Otg But I Cant Use It / A Tiny Usb Stick Can Tell You How Much Hiv Is In Your Blood / Can You Imagine Your Suitcase Following You Around Just Like A Puppy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by sexychocolate1(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2015
Hi guys
This is my first post on Nairaland. I decided to share one of the latest technology making waves in U.S I reside. Enjoy.

The Intel® Compute Stick. Small, Yet Surprisingly Powerful.

While the Intel® Compute Stick can fit in the palm of your hand, it’s what we fit inside of it that is truly remarkable. A quad-core Intel® Atom™ processor and your choice of operating systems: Windows* 8.1 with Bing* or Ubuntu* 14.04 LTS.

The Windows version includes 2 GB memory, 32 GB of on-board storage and comes with McAfee® Antivirus Plus for comprehensive protection from Trojans, viruses, spyware and more. The Ubuntu version has 1 GB memory and 8 GB of on-board storage. Both devices come with Wi-Fi* and Bluetooth* for connectivity, a USB port to connect peripherals and a micro SD card slot for additional storage.

The Intel® Compute Stick: Quality. Performance. Value.
Take it out of the box. Plug it in to your television. You just turned your TV into a powerful computer with ample speed and storage. The Intel Compute Stick takes up so little space and costs so few dollars.

USE YOUR TELEVISION FOR MORE THAN TV USE
Looking to bring computing to new places? The Intel® Compute Stick is exactly what you’re looking for. It transforms any HDMI* TV or monitor into a full computer, allowing you to search the web, share your vacation photos, keep up on your email or do any of the tasks that you do on your computer today. All you need is a wireless keyboard and mouse and you’re set.

TRANSFORM YOUR MONITORS AND YOUR BUSINESS
Whether you need to develop some digital signage, add intelligence to a conference room projector or deploy a room full of thin clients, the Intel® Compute Stick has the right blend of performance, cost, and size to do the job. Plus you get to choose the operating system that is perfect for your situation: Windows* 8.1 with Bing* or Ubuntu* 14.04 LTS. Wherever you need to add a basic computer to run your business, the Intel Compute Stick has you covered.

SOURCE-[url] http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/compute-stick/intel-compute-stick.html[/url]

1 Share

Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by lizu4chizu(m): 7:53am On May 30, 2015
Ok

Awwwww

Can't believe this

But nothing special about this at all

Well, i dedicate this land to my ex president

The hero of democracy
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by CountDracula(m): 7:57am On May 30, 2015
We dnt want dat, we want holograms and transparent fones and flying cars
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by lizu4chizu(m): 8:00am On May 30, 2015
CountDracula:
We dnt want dat, we want holograms and transparent fones and flying cars

Flying car

lol...... Your grand kids will use it
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by CountDracula(m): 8:02am On May 30, 2015
lizu4chizu:

Flying car

lol...... Your grand kids will use it
I'm nt sayin dey won't, I'm sayin I want to use it too
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by jworos(m): 9:33am On May 31, 2015
Menhh ds is nice,like howmch does it cost?
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by sexychocolate1(m): 4:55pm On May 31, 2015
jworos:
Menhh ds is nice,like howmch does it cost?

Amazon sells between $110 - $150, depending on the specification.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by jworos(m): 5:19pm On May 31, 2015
sexychocolate1:

Amazon sells between $110 - $150, depending on the specification.
Nice,tot it would b like d Raspberry Pi,price wise tho.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by paranorman(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2015
Tis really nice, and quite cheap relatively. Personally, i think the processor's is pretty old. We got coreI series already.
With al the hi tech phones and pads flying around, web apps, apps itself and with the advent of the coreM series, this won't be much of a success. I mean you can't use this stick anywhere. Can you in eateries or events? Nah.
Booknotes would do more and its quite portable; you might wanna do some quickie in a toilet and a tv screen won't be there.

Great innovation but the pads, phablets, surface pro, et al offers more and better. Some are cheap too.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by sexychocolate1(m): 5:39pm On May 31, 2015
paranorman:
Tis really nice, and quite cheap relatively. Personally, i think the processor's is pretty old. We got coreI series already.
With al the hi tech phones and pads flying around, web apps, apps itself and with the advent of the coreM series, this won't be much of a success. I mean you can't use this stick anywhere. Can you in eateries or events? Nah.
Booknotes would do more and its quite portable; you might wanna do some quickie in a toilet and a tv screen won't be there.

Great innovation but the pads, phablets, surface pro, et al offers more and better. Some are cheap too.

The convenience is amazing. Its still a work in process, i believe Intels will release faster models soon.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by paranorman(m): 6:05pm On May 31, 2015
sexychocolate1:

The convenience is amazing. Its still a work in process, i believe Intels will release faster models soon.
choco, for me, the deal is not creating something faster, its feasibility in general acceptability and market value. Only places you would use such device are your home and office primarily(if you got a hi tech TV there). My views might be myopic on this one but I am a critical technolog(ist)y ethusiast and very business minded and service oriented. It meets the service part of my model but not the other two. It also has what i call locational restrictions, and you'v gotta have a supporting TV.
Bsides, privacy is not maximized, to wit, you can only use it in restriction to location- you know what i mean, don't you?
A real business man or wman wouldn't need it, would they? I mean you ot a pc at home and/or office(blessed art' hou if you got a laptop, great a thou if you got a booknote too!) and or high end mobile device(s) et al..
Majorly, geeks would find it cool. Could be your backup. (Its cheap, isn't it? Is it really?) you might want to do something, computer crashes. You got a monitor then viola! Where's my Intel stick??!

It major adv is that of convinience and portability, that's 10/10 there!
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by sexychocolate1(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2015
paranorman:

choco, for me, the deal is not creating something faster, its feasibility in general acceptability and market value. Only places you would use such device are your home and office primarily(if you got a hi tech TV there). My views might be myopic on this one but I am a critical technolog(ist)y ethusiast and very business minded and service oriented. It meets the service part of my model but not the other two. It also has what i call locational restrictions, and you'v gotta have a supporting TV.
Bsides, privacy is not maximized, to wit, you can only use it in restriction to location- you know what i mean, don't you?
A real business man or wman wouldn't need it, would they? I mean you ot a pc at home and/or office(blessed art' hou if you got a laptop, great a thou if you got a booknote too!) and or high end mobile device(s) et al..
Majorly, geeks would find it cool. Could be your backup. (Its cheap, isn't it? Is it really?) you might want to do something, computer crashes. You got a monitor then viola! Where's my Intel stick??!

It major adv is that of convinience and portability, that's 10/10 there!

It depends on location cos getting a TV to connect is not a big deal though. The current trend now is portability as you can see such trends in slim laptops and the gradual disappearance of CD drives, flash drives and hard drives. Most people here now use online storage.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by paranorman(m): 10:54pm On May 31, 2015
sexychocolate1:

It depends on location cos getting a TV to connect is not a big deal though. The current trend now is portability as you can see such trends in slim laptops and the gradual disappearance of CD drives, flash drives and hard drives. Most people here now use online storage.
online storage is the way to go. The internet service is a fortune here, dem companies are milking us dry, unstable electricity/power is Daredevil. I remember I and me friend once had a discussion about the user-friendliness of certain gadgets in terms of accessibility to files/resources and i was like, 'what happened to cloud tech'?! Many persons do not know how powerful cloud tech/online storage is. Its unfortunate such tech cannot be fully utilized here for now.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by sexychocolate1(m): 7:25am On Jun 01, 2015
paranorman:

online storage is the way to go. The internet service is a fortune here, dem companies are milking us dry, unstable electricity/power is Daredevil. I remember I and me friend once had a discussion about the user-friendliness of certain gadgets in terms of accessibility to files/resources and i was like, 'what happened to cloud tech'?! Many persons do not know how powerful cloud tech/online storage is. Its unfortunate such tech cannot be fully utilized here for now.

I don't know how expensive/cheap the internet is over there. There is always free wifi at most places you go down here, but most files can be shared over cloud with a good phone. You don't really need a computer to do it.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 01, 2015
sexychocolate1:

I don't know how expensive/cheap the internet is over there. There is always free wifi at most places you go down here, but most files can be shared over cloud with a good phone. You don't really need a computer to do it.

Internet is expensive down here that's for sure, and the fastest the majority can get is 3g speeds, there's little place for cloud storage in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by sexychocolate1(m): 7:37am On Jun 01, 2015
wallflower:

Internet is expensive down here that's for sure, and the fastest the majority can get is 3g speeds, there's little place for cloud storage in Nigeria at the moment.

I thought some network providers do unlimited plan or is it a sham. But cloud storage is given Freely with onedrive by hotmail given over 1Tb free of cloud storage. I think gmail gives free15gb while icloud gives 20gb at a price of $0.99/month.
Re: Imagine Your Computer As A USB Stick by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 01, 2015
sexychocolate1:

I thought some network providers do unlimited plan or is it a sham. But cloud storage is given Freely with onedrive by hotmail given over 1Tb free of cloud storage. I think gmail gives free15gb while icloud gives 20gb at a price of $0.99/month.

There's no such thing as an unlimited plan, there's only hacks to browse in that way.

(1) (Reply)

We Sell All Capacity Of Luminous Inverter And Batteries / About Infinix Hot S X521 - 3gb Ram, Fingerprint Sensor And Vr Technology) / Meet Nigerian Born Facebook Engineer Olaoluwa Okelola From Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.