Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: (3041 Views)

6 Mil Naira Investment In Naija Website / A Sure Way To Make #700,000 With #13000 Investment In The Next Six Months! / Online Stock Investment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Esah: 9:17am On Feb 16, 2009
Glad to read this article , that SAP is extending boundaries,

SAP plans investment in Nigeria’s IT, business infrastructure
Written by Michael Eboh
Sunday, 15 February 2009

Systems Applications Products (SAP) Limited one of the leading global software developer, has announced its plans to invest heavily in the development of Nigeria’s information technology infrastructure and in software development.

Mr. Pfungwa Serima , Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer SAP AfricaSpeaking during an interactive session in Lagos, Mr. Simon Paris, Senior Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa / Head, Emerging Market disclosed that it invest substantially in the training of Nigerians and in the deployment of applications that will transform the way and manner of doing business in Nigeria.

He said, “SAP, one of the world largest in the software application business intends to replicate its successes in South Africa in Nigeria. We have seen a lot of potentials in the Nigerian economy and we hope to take advantage of the opportunities. We have already commenced our programme of training a vast majority of Nigerians, through our partnership with a number of Nigerian universities and institutions last year. This year, we intend to expand the programme and we will be investing a substantial amount in the training of more Nigerians and in the deployment of more IT applications. Our applications have been used successfully in advanced countries, and we intend using these applications to bring about a transformation in the country’s IT industry.”

He announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with major stakeholders in the country’s oil and gas industry to help the firms improve on their processes, operations and activities.

Paris disclosed that its applications are geared towards providing solutions to the IT needs of businesses, adding that it has an increased interest in the country’s financial services industry and intends to play a major role in that area.

He further stated that it intends to play a major role in the growth and development of the economy, especially in the growth of small businesses in Nigeria, through the deployment of its tailor-made products for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs).

Speaking in the same vein, Mr. Pfungwa Serima , Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer SAP Africa, disclosed that SAP’s ambition in Nigeria is to invest in indigenous information Technology organizations, financial services, telecommunication companies, oil & Gas including the small and medium organizations.

He noted that over 50 organisations in Nigeria have started using SAP as business solutions, some of which are the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Debt Management Office, Delta State Government’s project e-Delta and Oceanic Bank as well as Standard Bank Plc.

If you are glad to read this and want to know more , do feel free to write to me, It will be my pleasure reading your opinions,,
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Esah: 9:18am On Feb 16, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad to read this article , that SAP is extending boundaries,

SAP plans investment in Nigeria’s IT, business infrastructure
Written by Michael Eboh
Sunday, 15 February 2009

Systems Applications Products (SAP) Limited one of the leading global software developer, has announced its plans to invest heavily in the development of Nigeria’s information technology infrastructure and in software development.

Mr. Pfungwa Serima , Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer SAP AfricaSpeaking during an interactive session in Lagos, Mr. Simon Paris, Senior Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa / Head, Emerging Market disclosed that it invest substantially in the training of Nigerians and in the deployment of applications that will transform the way and manner of doing business in Nigeria.

He said, “SAP, one of the world largest in the software application business intends to replicate its successes in South Africa in Nigeria. We have seen a lot of potentials in the Nigerian economy and we hope to take advantage of the opportunities. We have already commenced our programme of training a vast majority of Nigerians, through our partnership with a number of Nigerian universities and institutions last year. This year, we intend to expand the programme and we will be investing a substantial amount in the training of more Nigerians and in the deployment of more IT applications. Our applications have been used successfully in advanced countries, and we intend using these applications to bring about a transformation in the country’s IT industry.”

He announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with major stakeholders in the country’s oil and gas industry to help the firms improve on their processes, operations and activities.

Paris disclosed that its applications are geared towards providing solutions to the IT needs of businesses, adding that it has an increased interest in the country’s financial services industry and intends to play a major role in that area.

He further stated that it intends to play a major role in the growth and development of the economy, especially in the growth of small businesses in Nigeria, through the deployment of its tailor-made products for Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs).

Speaking in the same vein, Mr. Pfungwa Serima , Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer SAP Africa, disclosed that SAP’s ambition in Nigeria is to invest in indigenous information Technology organizations, financial services, telecommunication companies, oil & Gas including the small and medium organizations.

He noted that over 50 organisations in Nigeria have started using SAP as business solutions, some of which are the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Debt Management Office, Delta State Government’s project e-Delta and Oceanic Bank as well as Standard Bank Plc.

If you are glad to read this and want to know more , do feel free to write to me, It will be my pleasure reading your opinions,,
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by cola: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2009
@esah

Good development, this.

I'd like to know more, especially about getting involved.
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Esah: 10:56am On Feb 16, 2009
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA IS IN CONJUNCTION WITH SAP AG IS CURRENTLY TRAINING NIGERIANS AT A VERY REDUCED PRICE OF 95.5K

THE FEE COVERS CERTIFICATION.The program is TERP 10,
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by FABIAN12: 12:14pm On Feb 16, 2009
Hi,

This certainly is good news & will help all Nigerians. With more & more companies planning to get into SAP, the move from SAP/University is very apt. The course however offered is very basic & only offers an overview on the technology, not too sure if it is useful to get a job
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Esah: 5:57am On Feb 17, 2009
Yes, I do agree with you ,but atleast it gives all the Nigerians a boost up to take up SAP training seriously and make a career in the same as now SAP will have a huge scope in Nigeria, I think now the interested candidates can take up formal certification as this will not go a waste since SAP itself is showing interest in Nigeria,
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Guardian(m): 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2009
Gents
am more than interested in the SAP training. I need info on this. How do I gain access.
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Esah: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2009
Hey''''

Well that's nice to know that you are eager to know more about SAP.Well ,I would say that since the uture of SAP seems to bright in Nigeria now on, I would advise you to take up a formal training and then then you get an access to SAP easily, Get back for further info, I will be happy to help you,

Take care
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by izinet: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2009
@Esah This is good news; what is the Job market like? and what is the best way to keep intouch with the SAP expansion in Nigeria,
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Esah: 9:08am On Mar 16, 2009
Well, My advice would be that upgrade your skills by taking a formal training on SAP, There are many authorised partners you can approach, Get certified first and then there is no lookin back smiley
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Guardian(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2009
Esah,
this is guardian. help out with training for SAP. I more than interested. Not for the name but the field and usefullnes.

do well to email me here syscomhost at yahoo dot com

regards,
G
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Esah: 5:26am On Mar 18, 2009
Hi Guardian,

Good to know that you have so much interest in taking up SAP.

Kindly note that I tried contacting you via mail but the mail got bounced,,,,,,,,,,,,,

smileyesahtitan@yahoo.com
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by doziej84: 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2009
Esah:

Hey''''

Well that's nice to know that you are eager to know more about SAP.Well ,I would say that since the uture of SAP seems to bright in Nigeria now on, I would advise you to take up a formal training and then then you get an access to SAP easily, Get back for further info, I will be happy to help you,

Take care

PLS WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A FORMAL TRAINING( COST, WHERE 2 GET IT ETC, ) AND WHICH DIRECTION TO HEAD FROM THERE.
I'M REALLY INTERESTED. MY E-MAIL ADD IS---doziej84@yahoo.com
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by okeyz(m): 8:53pm On May 08, 2009
@ esah
thanks esah for the info,please i will highly appreciate it if u can give all the low down to my email box okeyz2002 at yahoo dot com, thanks a lot!!
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by astyle: 10:41pm On Jun 25, 2009
Esah,
  Thanks for shedding light about EsAyPee on this thread, i am interested in the training,i would like to know how to go about the TERP 10 Certification and as well info on which certification to take first in TERP 10 and ABAP.
My email address is ahmedhassy2k2@yahoo.co.uk.
Cheers.
Astyle
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by nycmii(f): 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2009
ol of u dat r interested in SAP training u can get it live in oakland center maitama abj, dats where SAP Nigeria branch is n they do most of d SAP trainings
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by sunnychuks(m): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2009
@ESAH,
I heard that university of Nigeria Nsukka is conducting training in TERP 10,at the rate of N115,000 WITH TERP 10 will one get a good SAP JOB in the country.
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by nnaiah: 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2009
SAP

University of nig nsk will hold another session of TERP 10 ON OCT 5
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by nnaiah: 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2009
@nycmii

Congrats on ur latest SAP achievement.

In fact, you have become my T-code to every SAP related transactions in Nigeria.

A bientot
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by nycmii(f): 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2009
am SAP Terp 10 certified, n SAP Terp 10 is jus basics of SAP modules, am scared undecided it might nt get u a job bt it ll improve ur cv. Its lyk jack of ol trade master of non
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by okeyz(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2009
nycmii:

am SAP Terp 10 certified, n SAP Terp 10 is jus basics of SAP modules, am scared undecided it might nt get u a job bt it ll improve your cv. Its lyk jack of ol trade master of non
at all,at all na im bad pass, we are still hoping to get to where u are!!!
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by alaanu(m): 11:54am On Sep 23, 2009
I am in the field of Human Resource, working as a HR Officer. Please can any one guide me on how/where to get training on the use of SAP (HR) Software.
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by markos: 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2009
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by nycmii(f): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2009
u cn get SAP hr training n certification in 3rd floor, oakland center maitama Abj
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by samstels: 4:08pm On Sep 28, 2009
Esah,

I am deeply interested in this SAP training ,please reach out to me on 'NWOKEUKWU2000@YAHOO.COM.'

With all the necessary details cost inclusive and duration .

Thanks
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Gbsy07(m): 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
nycmii: u cn get SAP hr training n certification in 3rd floor, oakland center maitama

So hw can i get full training after SAP TERp-10?

Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by Constantine: 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2013
ANY BODY INTRESTED IN SAP MM CERTIFICATION MATERIAL AND SAP SOFTWARE INSTALLATION, SHOULD SEND AN EMAIL "NEED" TO CASPER4RIL@YAHOO.COM
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by sellydion: 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
Any training centre in Port harcourt at reduced rate?
Re: Sap Plans Investment In Nigeria: by gbemiady: 10:06am On Mar 18, 2015
The demand for SAP expertise is higher in manufacturing, production and Oil and Gas industries, where the companies usually utilize a wider spectrum of SAP modules for different business areas. Although there is little difference between entry-level positions across the different technology areas, experienced SAP consultants generally command higher paychecks than the average IT professional.

Getting trained in SAP made easy by our SAP Self Training kit.

Self-Study courses are easy to use, convenient, and effective. Self-Study training helps you:
-Bring hands-on training right to your computer
-Save travel costs and time away from the office
-Learn at your own pace and convenience
-Have a handy, ongoing resource for review and practice
-There is always replay through our recorded video class getting trained in SAP made easy by our SAP Self Training kit.
-Reduce study time by focusing only on the topics you need (built-in evaluations will point out where you need to focus)

SAP BASIS
SAP SD
SAP BW/BI
SAP SOLUTION MANAGER
SAP MM
SAP FICO
SAP HR
SAP ABAP
SAP CRM
SAP MM
SAP SOA
SAP-NETWEAVER
SAP SRM
The SAP Training kit comprises of Video, Ebook and SAP offline server for all the listed modules
Email:gbemiady@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Globacom Launches Internet Bundle Plan. / EXTREMELY CLEAN US Used Hp ENVY Core I7 Nvidia Geforce Laptop----6th Gen / US Used HP Elitebook 8470p I5 - Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.