Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,338 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage (51166 Views)

7 Places Christians Should Avoid Visiting / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / 4 Sexual Sins Every Christian Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 31, 2015
STEVENcrack:

U av not been reading the bible..or you are like the Ethiopian eunuch...ever reading and never comes to understanding.
U no read wen jesus told d pharisees that in there beginning that God made everytin one one. A male and a female even adam na only eve God make for am..study d bible very well b4 spewing error and publicly dis gracing yoursef cos even our brothers from d other religion are reading it.ok
see this guy ohh. You dey disgrace yourself

God even support marring more than two wife.

Go back to the book of kings, you go see were God even tell David say "why take another Man's wife, ask me and I will give you more wives.

Stop disgracing yourself, that your statement didn't prove anything, let the other religions read, you Christian are illiterate and hypocrite.

Back to your topic, he is talking about divorce not marriage,

Pls boy, do me a favor, just read the person I quote after you in this same page, maybe you meant have sense
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Toks2008(m): 5:06pm On May 31, 2015
meiloya:

Oga, where you get your statistics from? 95% ke?

Sorry bro that was a typo error. Its actually 99% and you have to wait for 10 years after marriage before you will count yourself as one of the 1% who don't
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by coldcandy: 5:18pm On May 31, 2015
handsomeclouds:
11. The dirty and unkempt SU
lol
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 31, 2015
oyeludef:
ok. Marriage 101
Matthew 19:4-6. MSG
He answered, “Haven’t you read in your Bible that the Creator originally made man and woman for each other, male and female? And because of this, a man leaves father and mother and is firmly bonded to his wife, becoming one flesh—no longer two bodies but one. Because God created this organic union of the two sexes, no one should desecrate his art by cutting them apart.”
Notice say d man nd woman na both singular. wink

Read the history of creation, he initially made a man and a woman right?

Those days there were not enough resources, so let men ask you something, is it a sin to marry your sister?

You will said yes, but why God permitted those people to marry there sisters like Abraham and the rest?

All your acesstor marry more than two woman for your information, go read the life of jacob, he work for good seven years just to marry the love of his life but the man give him the first daughter, he now have to rework for another seven years,

Back to your statement, he was talking about divorce.

http://bible.com/1/mat.19.4-8.kjv And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Read the last statement: " because of the hardness of your heart suffer you to put away your" wives"

Notice say he put the wives plural ;d

Boy, you cant tell me nonsense, dont just quote half scripture and said this is it. The scripture is not meant to quote half way,

I have did methodology, in the bible, even want to extend of studying Greek,

So boy, go and study your Bible well
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 31, 2015
Toks2008:

[b]The Bible has more regard for women than men but when it comes to the matter of marriage, it is very clear.

Polygamy is not a sin though not permissible for those who are in the office of priesthood and this is why many great men in the bible were not condemned for being polygamous.

No matter how hot you may be please let this sink now...your boyfriend or husband will most likely cheat on you.Hard but true.

A woman is not really permitted to divorce based on sexual infidelity except some scholars who argued that the bible usually speaks to a general gender else i still can't find a place where the Bible supports a lady divorcing her husband over sexual in\fidelity and this is because men are polygamous by nature.

Every lady should concern herself about been the main chic and not the side chic and whether the man loves her or not and not whether the guy is seeing other ladies or not.

I have discovered that many ladies who divorce their hubby because he cheated on them ends up committing same crime as they usually end up with a married man or a man who is engaged or in a committed affair with another lady except they go celibate so who is fooling who.

Polygamy is the answer to the prayers of some ladies.

Please be sincere and answer these question

which category of men are more prone to marrying ladies that are widowed at very young age?the female divorcees?,single women above the age of 35/40? the single guys or the married guys?

I do not support philandering and i have never cheated on my ex for 12 years till we parted but i must not paint the truth..99% of men will cheat on you whether you are the sexiest woman alive or not and polygamy is a way of giving respite to supposed hopeless ladies in need of a man in their lives and this is a fact ladies must Live with or remain single fore life.[/b]

Well I am cheating too.I got beards on my chin, VEEGAY, legs, bum, jaw, I can't help feeling like a man.Sometimes I wish I was born an Indian! I love me varieties too.I also feel the way most men feel about the opposite sexxxx. Too bad I can't marry more than one.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 31, 2015
liquidmetall:

So what are u going to about it mydear?

Throw the holybook away?

Ww have no choice than to adhere to it

Remember this article is for people that believe in God and what is written in the holy books

Yours faithfully
The liquidmetal

I believe in God.
But what I don't believe in is the fact that as a divorced woman who probably divorced based on life threatening domestic violence, getting married again will stop me from making heaven.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 31, 2015
dotna:

as for regard to women, I understand the Scripture actually instructed that Men should love their wives with ultimate sacrifice just as Christ love the Church

You know, I actually believe that if God truly adores polygamy, he would have created two Eves.
You know when I hear bullshiites like men are polygamous, then I begin to wonder, what room is being created for ladies who also enjoy varieties? cry

1 Like

Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by STEVENcrack(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2015
Viciyus:
see this guy ohh. You dey disgrace yourself

God even support marring more than two wife.

Go back to the book of kings, you go see were God even tell David say "why take another Man's wife, ask me and I will give you more wives.

Stop disgracing yourself, that your statement didn't prove anything, let the other religions read, you Christian are illiterate and hypocrite.

Back to your topic, he is talking about divorce not marriage,

Pls boy, do me a favor, just read the person I quote after you in this same page, maybe you meant have sense

Ask your pastor to explain better to you...always learning but never comes to the understanding.

I bet your pastor would make you realise that even the pharisees your brother askes jesus the same question and jesus told them that God made them one during creation and dat God creates Adam and eve and not Adam and eves.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Acidosis(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2015
lezz:
all I see in your post is a personal reaction to the OP's post . is your wife older than you ? grin

Yes, and she's veryyy loyal and I love her. Even the younger ones do not give the kind of honour/loyalty she gives.

Are you okay now?
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by liquidmetall: 5:56pm On May 31, 2015
EggovinMma:

I believe in God.
But what I don't believe in is the fact that as a divorced woman who probably divorced based on life threatening domestic violence, getting married again will stop me from making heaven.

See the thing about this divorce according to the bible
The person that initiated this divorce is the one that shouldnt marry again
According to the op
The christian man should find out if the lady was thw one that initiated the divorce before going on with his plans
The same thing applies to christian women too
If a divorcee is coming your way find out who initiated the divorce in his previous marriage before agreeing to marry him
This is only for people that believein God and his holybooks.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 31, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Ask your pastor to explain better to you...always learning but never comes to the understanding.

I bet your pastor would make you realise that even the pharisees your brother askes jesus the same question and jesus told them that God made them one during creation and dat God creates Adam and eve and not Adam and eves.

Mind you, I dont have pastor and I am not a Shallow minded people like you, you have the right to question your believe.

Back to your topic,

http://bible.com/1/mat.19.4-8.kjv And he answered and
said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them
at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For
this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall
cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What
therefore God hath joined together, let not man put
asunder. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command
to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He
saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your
hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the
beginning it was not so.

Why cant you just understand this simple statement.
He heheheh talking about divorce not marriage.

Read the last statement "moses because of the hardness of your heart suffer you to put away your" wives"

That wives is plural.

Yes he made man and human initially and said let them go and multiple.

But he didn't put do not married more that one wife.

I believe the ten commandment which is the building in block of your believe didn't even mentioned do not marry more that one wife,

Guy backup your prove, even God itself tell David that if you ask for more wives I will give you,

Menn, there is no good schooler in the bible here in Nigeria,

Keep on deceiving yourself in church, your pastor is your good
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by DSuperWoman(f): 6:02pm On May 31, 2015
you have one of the most brilliant minds i have met on Nairaland
erico2k2:

Post such as number 2 is what people take out of context and form their own sect.If God can forgive Saul who sort fo Christians and killed them and changed his name so that he delivered plenty how much more of a divorcee who was at the time of marriage naive to know what it realy meant to be married and there fall short of her obligation.SO you my friend be very careful of what you think and post in public forums as you know, religious incitement is getting considered as a criminal act.This is 20015 we should read more meaning into the word in the Bible and understand the context in which such views where made,some of them do not and no longer apply to today's society.I'm more than open to discus this with you if you have the time.

1 Like

Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 31, 2015
liquidmetall:

See the thing about this divorce according to the bible
The person that initiated this divorce is the one that shouldnt marry again
According to the op
The christian man should find out if the lady was thw one that initiated the divorce before going on with his plans
The same thing applies to christian women too
If a divorcee is coming your way find out who initiated the divorce in his previous marriage before agreeing to marry him
This is only for people that believein God and his holybooks.

So a divorced man shouldn't remarry if he initiates divorce to his ex wife who is a threat to his life? So if a man divorces a wife who on several occasions becomes a threat to his life, he shouldn't initiate divorce and remarry but wait for the moment when she commits adultery? *clapping slowly*

This bible wey una dey read, I got my own understanding of it o.Make we just dey understand am differently.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by lezz(m): 6:06pm On May 31, 2015
Acidosis:

Yes, and she's veryyy loyal and I love her. Even the younger ones do not give the kind of honour/loyalty she gives.

Are you okay now?
Then your case is the exception not the rule.

Age, intelligence, finance etc are factors that enables a woman play her matrimonial role as a capable help meet in a marriage , especially as the marriage gets older.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by professore(m): 6:08pm On May 31, 2015
Good thread
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 31, 2015

7. THE CHILDBIRTH AVOIDER: Do not marry a
woman who is not willing to have children of her
own. In the Christian worldview, there is
absolutely no room for two married, biologically
capable, human beings to remain intentionally
child-less. If you are adverse towards having
children, then there’s a simple remedy for that:
single-hood. However, if God has called you to
marriage, then He actually expects children.
Both the New and Old Testaments are very clear
on this teaching: “Did he not make them one,
with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And
what was the one God seeking ? Godly
offspring” (Malachi 2:15). “Yet she will be saved
through childbearing—if they continue in faith
and love and holiness, with self-control” (1
Timothy 2:15)

So couples who decides not to have children will go to hell? Damn it, is being a christian this controversial. THIS IS SERIOUS!

So Christians who are never readyfor kids are unbelievers? Hmmm
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by liquidmetall: 6:14pm On May 31, 2015
EggovinMma:

So a divorced man shouldn't remarry if he initiates divorce to his ex wife who is a threat to his life? So if a man divorces a wife who on several occasions becomes a threat to his life, he shouldn't initiate divorce and remarry but wait for the moment when she commits adultery? *clapping slowly*

This bible wey una dey read, I got my own understanding of it o.Make we just dey understand am differently

We all know adultery is the only ground on which you can divorce and remarry irrespective of who initiated it

But the other ones that I mentioned the bible is against it whether "threat to his life or not" so far she didnt commit adultery and he divorces her then he won't remarry again but the lady is free to remarry and it also applies to women
Please the understanding is there in the bible and clear for all to see.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 31, 2015
[b]4. THE FEMINIST: There’s no room within
Christendom for the “Christian feminist.” Though
women and men have equal value in the eyes of
God (Gal 3:28), they certainly have different God-
given roles. Any woman who tries to usurp her
husband’s authority or even claims to be a co-
leader with her man is gravely dishonoring the
God who created her to be subject and obedient
to her husband (Eph 5:22, Col 3:18, 1 Pet 3:1).
Eve was distinctly created “for” man, a point that
the apostle Paul makes abundantly clear in 1
Corinthians 11 when he writes, “For man was not
made from woman, but woman from man.
Neither was man created for woman, but woman
for man.” (1 Corinthians 11:8-9). Men, your wife
is to be your “helper” (Gen 2:18)–not your leader
and certainly not your equal in terms of
authority. Look for a woman who agrees with
you in this very vital God-ordained relational
dynamic.

5. THE IMMODEST-DRESSER : Sexy might
inadvertently catch your eyeballs, but it
shouldn’t catch your heart. The way that a
woman is willing to expose herself says much
about her heart:

“And behold, the woman meets
him, dressed as a prostitute, wily of
heart” (Proverbs 7:10).

The text in Proverbs
explains that a woman will dress in a certain way
to catch a certain type of man. Don’t be that
man. Don’t be the fool who’s led by his
hormones instead of the Holy Spirit. Remember:
you want godly, not gaudy.

6. THE GOSSIPER/SLANDERER: Women may love to
talk, but there’s wisdom in looking for a woman
who speaks with wisdom. Gossip and slander are
not good things to have in your marriage.
Desperate housewives make for desperate
husbands. “Besides that, they learn to be idlers,
going about from house to house, and not only
idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying
what they should not.” (1 Timothy 5:13)[/b]

Well, I agree here.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 31, 2015
[b]
9. THE CARIEER-FIRST WOMAN: Now, I want to
clarify something here. There is nothing wrong
with a woman who works (Acts 16:14), what’s
wrong is a woman who puts her career ahead of
her family. Modern society might hate
to hear this, but God made men to be the
providers and women to be the nurturers of the
home (in most instances). It’s okay for a woman
to be a doctor, attorney, or any other
professional. However, if her career is coming at
the expense of her home, then something is
wrong. If day-care is raising her young children
while she’s working, then something is wrong. I
understand that there might be a season of life
where the wife might have to be the main bread-
winner due to her husband’s unemployment, but
it should not be the desired norm. The woman
ought to be willing (and even desirous–to some
extent) to give up her job for the sake of raising
her kids in the Lord. “So I counsel younger
widows to marry, to have children, to manage
their homes and to give the enemy no
opportunity for slander” (1 Tim 5:14).

10. THE DEVOTION-LESS WOMAN : Is the woman
having a regular, daily devotional time with her
God? If she doesn’t love the Lord now, chances
are, she won’t love the Lord after marriage.
(Don’t delude yourself–you’re not going to
change her.) You want to marry a girl who has
an intimate relationship with Jesus. Jesus (not
you) has to be the first man in her life. Here are
some good questions to ask: Does she have an
active prayer life? Does she have a heart for
evangelism? Is she hungry for God’s Word?
What does her pastor think about her?
Do you remember this account from Scripture:
Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a
village. And a woman named Martha welcomed
him into her house. [39] And she had a sister
called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and
listened to his teaching. [40] But Martha was
distracted with much serving. And she went up to
him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my
sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to
help me.” [41] But the Lord answered her,
“Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled
about many things, [42] but one thing is
necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion,
which will not be taken away from her.” (Luke
10:38-42 ESV)
Marry the Mary (no pun intended). Such women
have picked “…the good portion, which will not
be taken away” from them. God be with you
men. Strong families start with strong wives.
Choose wisely and choose in the Lord[/b]

I agree with number 9.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Acidosis(m): 6:27pm On May 31, 2015
lezz:
Then your case is the exception not the rule.

Age, intelligence, finance etc are factors that enables a woman play her matrimonial role as a capable help meet in a marriage , especially as the marriage gets older.

'As the husband is the head of his home, so is Christ the head of the church.' Husband will always be head regardless of the age difference.

I'm still waiting for the biblical reference about the age issue. OP only posted lies.

God could have created Eve before Adam. Adam came to life because God wanted someone (with strength) in his own image. Further, God said it is not good for a man to be alone (loneliness) and he gave him EVE. He didn't give him a younger sister to boost his ego.

Until OP comes up with a relevant passage (not a useless research; that will later give you 10 reasons a man should not marry a virgin or a short woman).

We all have our soft spots. Personally, I cannot marry a taller woman (but some can and the bible isn't against it). As far as I'm cool with my most wanted attributes, age has nothing to do with the relationship.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 31, 2015
liquidmetall:

We all know adultery is the only ground on which you can divorce and remarry irrespective of who initiated it

But the other ones that I mentioned the bible is against it whether "threat to his life or not" so far she didnt commit adultery and he divorces her then he won't remarry again but the lady is free to remarry and it also applies to women
Please the understanding is there in the bible and clear for all to see.

Ok.
You bible requires knowledge to understand it and the holy spirit.
The Bible also requires us not to act foolishly.The Bible isnt there to make us feel insecured, infact it gives us several choices where we can serve God in whatever situation and be hahappy.The world of God shouldn't make one sad, else it's purpose in our christian lives won't be full filled.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Toks2008(m): 6:36pm On May 31, 2015
EggovinMma:

Well I am cheating too.I got beards on my chin, VEEGAY, legs, bum, jaw, I can't help feeling like a man.Sometimes I wish I was born an Indian! I love me varieties too.I also feel the way most men feel about the opposite sexxxx. Too bad I can't marry more than one.

The earlier you come to terms with reality the better for you dearie.

Ask the ladies who grow old with their hubbies and you will get a better understanding.

Have a great sunday.
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by liquidmetall: 6:39pm On May 31, 2015
EggovinMma:

Ok.
You bible requires knowledge to understand it and the holy spirit.
The Bible also requires us not to act foolishly.The Bible isnt there to make us feel insecured, infact it gives us several choices where we can serve God in whatever situation and be hahappy.The world of God shouldn't make one sad, else it's purpose in our christian lives won't be full filled.

The word of God is the standard for our lives if you believe in him

God is a respecter of no man..his words standeth sure
Its like the saying" body no be fire wood" yet the lord said flee from sexual immorality, he dosent care if your body na kerosene or filled with raging hormones, he has said that we should flee and thats final
To avoid all this problems in marriage which people neglect, before any gender prepares to get married, God should be included, if not don't shout God y when it starts crumbling cos you didnt include him initially

That the soveriegn for you...
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by lezz(m): 6:40pm On May 31, 2015
Acidosis:

'As the husband is the head of his home, so is Christ the head of the church.' Husband will always be head regardless of the age difference.

I'm still waiting for the biblical reference about the age issue. OP only posted lies.

God could have created Eve before Adam. Adam came to life because God wanted someone (with strength)
in his own image. Further, God said it is not good for a man to be alone (loneliness) and he gave him EVE. He didn't give him a younger sister to boost his ego.

Until OP comes up with a relevant passage (not a useless research; that will later give you 10 reasons a man should not marry a virgin or a short woman).

We all have our soft spots. Personally, I cannot marry a taller woman (but some can and the bible isn't against it). As far as I'm cool with my most wanted attributes, age has nothing to do with the relationship.
I shan't debate with you over seniority issues again because you are married and I respect marriage institution a great deal.
@ bolded, are you telling me God could have created Eve before Adam if not for Adam's strength?
What was it that required strength Adam was instructed to do and Eve couldn't have done?

1 Like

Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 31, 2015
liquidmetall:

The word of God is the standard for our lives if you believe in him

God is a respecter of no man..his words standeth sure
Its like the saying" body no be fire wood" yet the lord said flee from sexual immorality, he dosent care if your body na kerosene or filled with raging hormones, he has said that we should flee and thats final
To avoid all this problems in marriage which people neglect, before any gender prepares to get married, God should be included, if not don't shout God y when it starts crumbling cos you didnt include him initially

That the soveriegn for you...

Well people understand their bibles differently, that's why there are several doctrines In Christianity today. The confusion is just too much. I have decided on my own to live by the greatest commandments of LOVE first, every other thing is secondary and way too complicated.

1 Like

Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by mavelo: 6:50pm On May 31, 2015
No.8 is d issue. U ar ryt!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by liquidmetall: 6:56pm On May 31, 2015
EggovinMma:

Well people understand their bibles differently, that's why there are several doctrines In Christianity today. The confusion is just too much. I have decided on my own to live by the greatest commandments of LOVE first, every other thing is secondary and way too complicated.

Yes 1000 likes for you
Hope you will eat boreki?

1 Like

Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by STEVENcrack(m): 6:56pm On May 31, 2015
Viciyus:

Mind you, I dont have pastor and I am not a Shallow minded people like you, you have the right to question your believe.

Back to your topic,

http://bible.com/1/mat.19.4-8.kjv And he answered and
said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them
at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For
this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall
cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What
therefore God hath joined together, let not man put
asunder. They say unto him, Why did Moses then command
to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He
saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your
hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the
beginning it was not so.

Why cant you just understand this simple statement.
He heheheh talking about divorce not marriage.

Read the last statement "moses because of the hardness of your heart suffer you to put away your" wives"

That wives is plural.

Yes he made man and human initially and said let them go and multiple.

But he didn't put do not married more that one wife.

I believe the ten commandment which is the building in block of your believe didn't even mentioned do not marry more that one wife,

Guy backup your prove, even God itself tell David that if you ask for more wives I will give you,

Menn, there is no good schooler in the bible here in Nigeria,

Keep on deceiving yourself in church, your pastor is your good

U are not a christian and dat settles it.

Churches don't encourage it bro..its not legal.

But why are u so obsessed abt marrying more than one wife.smh
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 31, 2015
STEVENcrack:

U are not a christian and dat settles it.

Churches don't encourage it bro..its not legal.

But why are u so obsessed abt marrying more than one wife.smh
sake your head still he fall comot,

Church dont encourage it you said. But it is legal in the nigeria constitution
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by Acidosis(m): 7:08pm On May 31, 2015
lezz:
I shan't debate with you over seniority issues again because you are married and I respect marriage institution a great deal.
@ bolded, are you telling me God could have created Eve before Adam if not for Adam's strength?
What was it that required strength Adam was instructed to do and Eve couldn't have done?
Lol, I'm single but an 'older' woman (or age mate) would make a perfect match in so far as I get the most relevant attributes.

Now to your question, God wanted someone who can effectively watch over the garden. A woman is often times called a weaker vessel so how can God commit such an assignment in the hands of a woman given the presence of dangerous preys (Serpent)?

A woman will always be a woman whether she's younger, mate, or slightly older in age (not necessarily appearance or stature).

A younger wife who earns more than her husband would still stylishly insult her husband. A younger wife who is more educated and brilliant would still condemn her husband at slightest provocation. The fact that she's slightly older in age doesn't mean she's bigger (in size), more intelligent or earns more. smiley

Ohhh sweet heavens!!!! Please try and date a slightly older babe (e.g. 26 vs. 27 or 28) and come back to share your testimony. Make sure you love her sincerely and watch the outcome.
cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by mustymatic(m): 8:13pm On May 31, 2015
They (christians) will not marry b dat ooo
Re: 10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage by VIPICO(m): 8:15pm On May 31, 2015
Great stuff right here

postmann:
“I have perceived among the youths, a young
man lacking sense, passing along the street near
her corner, taking the road to her
house” (Proverbs 7: 7-8 )

Marriage - a lifetime covenant, an irrevocable oath reconized by GOD, man and spirits, separable only by death. With this truth in mind, a man has to be very careful and wise when considering marriage. And if you follow the counsel of GOD, HE will go before you to lead you to the right path.

NOTE: This is not a sexist post. It's only a guide for men intending to get married.

So here's the 10 women to avoid when considering marriage:

1. THE UNBELIEVER: Scripture is replete with
exhortations against such marriages (in both the
Old and New Testaments). Contrary to popular
misconception, God’s prohibition against
marriages to foreign women in the Old Testament
was not due to racism. Instead, God was simply
preventing the spread of idolatry. Israel, God’s
chosen people in the Old Testament, represented
what Christians would later represent in the New
Testament. Hence, God’s prohibition against
marrying an unbelieving woman in the New
Testament (2 Cor 6:14) is simply the extension of
God prohibiting a Hebrew man from from
marrying a Canaanite woman in the Old
Testament (Deut 7:3-4). “Do not intermarry with
them. Do not give your daughters to their sons
or take their daughters for your sons, for they
will turn your children away from following ME
to serve other gods, and the LORD’s anger will
burn against you and will quickly destroy
you” (Deut 7:3-4).
What then, is a believer? A Christian essentially
is someone who believes in the gospel of Jesus
Christ. What then, is the gospel? The gospel is:
1. God is holy, loving, and just. He therefore,
must condemn all sinners to punishment in the
flames of eternal hell; 2. You and I are all
sinners who deserve nothing but God’s wrath in
hell after our deaths; 3. God loved humanity so
much that He sent His only Son, Jesus (who was
fully God and fully man), to die on the cross for
your sins. Jesus paid the debt for your sins and
absorbed God’s wrath on your behalf. 3 days
later, Jesus resurrected from the dead; 4. If you
repent (turn from) all your sins and personally
put your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord, God
and Savior, then you will have eternal life.

2. THE DIVORCEE: Jesus clearly taught that unless
the first marriage ended due to a partner’s sexual
infidelity, a second marriage is to be considered
invalid and adulterous. A divorced woman, therefore, is
off limits for a Christian man. Unrepentant
adultery being a sin that prevents one from
obtaining eternal life (1 Cor 6:9). “If she
divorces her husband and marries another, she
commits adultery” (Mark 10:12). “And I say to
you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual
immorality, and marries another, commits
adultery” (Matthew 19:9).

3. THE OLDER WOMAN: Not a sin, but certainly
not God’s ideal. God expects men to be the
spiritual leaders of the home (Eph 5:25) and it
certainly requires an extra measure of grace to
lead a woman who’s older than you. Again, if
you’re a man and you’re already in such a
marriage, then honor it till the day you die–it’s
still a valid marriage and divorce is not an
option! However, if you’re not yet married but
thinking about an older woman I want to remind
you that God intentionally (with good reason!)
created Adam before Eve in the First Marriage.
Scripture informs us that God created man first
chronologically for the sake of authority! Listen:
“I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise
authority over a man; rather, she is to remain
quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve” (1
Timothy 2:12-13). Evidently, within the First
Marriage, God intended chronology (age) to be a
reason for authority.
Apparently, even secular researchers are now
beginning to discover results that back up God’s
wisdom as demonstrated in the Bible:
“If you’re a woman two or more years
older than your husband, your marriage
is 53 percent more likely to end in
divorce than if he was one year younger
to three years older.” (Source: Rebecca
Kippen, Bruce Chapman and Peng Yu,
“What’s Love Got to Do With It? Homogamy
and Dyadic Approaches to Understanding
Marital Instability,” Melbourne Institute of
Applied Economic and Social Research,
2009.)

4. THE FEMINIST: There’s no room within
Christendom for the “Christian feminist.” Though
women and men have equal value in the eyes of
God (Gal 3:28), they certainly have different God-
given roles. Any woman who tries to usurp her
husband’s authority or even claims to be a co-
leader with her man is gravely dishonoring the
God who created her to be subject and obedient
to her husband (Eph 5:22, Col 3:18, 1 Pet 3:1).
Eve was distinctly created “for” man, a point that
the apostle Paul makes abundantly clear in 1
Corinthians 11 when he writes, “For man was not
made from woman, but woman from man.
Neither was man created for woman, but woman
for man.” (1 Corinthians 11:8-9). Men, your wife
is to be your “helper” (Gen 2:18)–not your leader
and certainly not your equal in terms of
authority. Look for a woman who agrees with
you in this very vital God-ordained relational
dynamic.

5. THE IMMODEST-DRESSER : Sexy might
inadvertently catch your eyeballs, but it
shouldn’t catch your heart. The way that a
woman is willing to expose herself says much
about her heart:

“And behold, the woman meets
him, dressed as a prostitute, wily of
heart” (Proverbs 7:10).

The text in Proverbs
explains that a woman will dress in a certain way
to catch a certain type of man. Don’t be that
man. Don’t be the fool who’s led by his
hormones instead of the Holy Spirit. Remember:
you want godly, not gaudy.

6. THE GOSSIPER/SLANDERER: Women may love to
talk, but there’s wisdom in looking for a woman
who speaks with wisdom. Gossip and slander are
not good things to have in your marriage.
Desperate housewives make for desperate
husbands. “Besides that, they learn to be idlers,
going about from house to house, and not only
idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying
what they should not.” (1 Timothy 5:13).

7. THE CHILDBIRTH AVOIDER: Do not marry a
woman who is not willing to have children of her
own. In the Christian worldview, there is
absolutely no room for two married, biologically
capable, human beings to remain intentionally
child-less. If you are adverse towards having
children, then there’s a simple remedy for that:
single-hood. However, if God has called you to
marriage, then He actually expects children.
Both the New and Old Testaments are very clear
on this teaching: “Did he not make them one,
with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And
what was the one God seeking ? Godly
offspring” (Malachi 2:15). “Yet she will be saved
through childbearing—if they continue in faith
and love and holiness, with self-control” (1
Timothy 2:15).

8. THE WANDER-LUSTER: There’s nothing wrong
with the occasional family vacation. There is
something very wrong with a girl who regularly
needs to be “out of the home.” The constant
desire for new experiences, new places, new
faces, and new forms of entertainment only
serves to clearly manifest the fact that the
woman has not found her rest in God. Believe it
or not, Scripture speaks repeatedly about such
women: “She is loud and wayward; her feet do
not stay at home ” (Proverbs 7:11); “Besides,
they get into the habit of being idle and going
about from house to house . And not only do
they become idlers, but also busybodies who talk
nonsense, saying things they ought not to” (1
Timothy 5:13).

9. THE CARIEER-FIRST WOMAN: Now, I want to
clarify something here. There is nothing wrong
with a woman who works (Acts 16:14), what’s
wrong is a woman who puts her career ahead of
her family. Modern society might hate
to hear this, but God made men to be the
providers and women to be the nurturers of the
home (in most instances). It’s okay for a woman
to be a doctor, attorney, or any other
professional. However, if her career is coming at
the expense of her home, then something is
wrong. If day-care is raising her young children
while she’s working, then something is wrong. I
understand that there might be a season of life
where the wife might have to be the main bread-
winner due to her husband’s unemployment, but
it should not be the desired norm. The woman
ought to be willing (and even desirous–to some
extent) to give up her job for the sake of raising
her kids in the Lord. “So I counsel younger
widows to marry, to have children, to manage
their homes and to give the enemy no
opportunity for slander” (1 Tim 5:14).

10. THE DEVOTION-LESS WOMAN : Is the woman
having a regular, daily devotional time with her
God? If she doesn’t love the Lord now, chances
are, she won’t love the Lord after marriage.
(Don’t delude yourself–you’re not going to
change her.) You want to marry a girl who has
an intimate relationship with Jesus. Jesus (not
you) has to be the first man in her life. Here are
some good questions to ask: Does she have an
active prayer life? Does she have a heart for
evangelism? Is she hungry for God’s Word?
What does her pastor think about her?
Do you remember this account from Scripture:
Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a
village. And a woman named Martha welcomed
him into her house. [39] And she had a sister
called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and
listened to his teaching. [40] But Martha was
distracted with much serving. And she went up to
him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my
sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to
help me.” [41] But the Lord answered her,
“Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled
about many things, [42] but one thing is
necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion,
which will not be taken away from her.” (Luke
10:38-42 ESV)
Marry the Mary (no pun intended). Such women
have picked “…the good portion, which will not
be taken away” from them. God be with you
men. Strong families start with strong wives.
Choose wisely and choose in the Lord!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Destroys Bible As A Revenge For Destruction Of Shrine In Anambra By A Priest / South-East Based Top Gospel Artistes ( Photos ) / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gives N500k To Members Wgo Dropped 50 As Offering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.