Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,769 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? (2566 Views)

Have You Tasted PAP With Groundnut / Worst Food You Have Ever Eaten? / What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:00pm On May 31, 2015
These are some of the world worst food to try... Thank me later when you are done..
#1)At some point in distant history, a hungry Icelander thought that if he buried a basking shark in a pit of gravel and snow for up to 12 weeks and then left it to dry for a few months more, it would make for a lovely little snack. It doesn’t, and the long curing process of hákarl actually produces arguably the single most unpleasant thing to eat on the whole planet.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:03pm On May 31, 2015
#2)They say Mongolians are born in the saddle and die in the saddle, and it is certainly true that the horse is vital to their nomadic lifestyle. They also eat plenty of horsemeat and manage to consume almost four litres of mare’s milk a day. Mare's milk is fermentedin a cowhide container until it is a potent 5% ABV: having tried it, I have to wonder how any of Mongolians manage to stay in the saddle at all.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:05pm On May 31, 2015
#1) Signs bearing the silhouette of a large prickly fruit with a line through it can be found on the doors of hotels, buses and trains throughout Southeast Asia. They are a firm warning that the dreaded durian is not welcome, and it is easy to understand why. Although the taste of the fruitis not at all unpleasant, the smell is enough to peel the skin off one’s face from one hundred paces away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:08pm On May 31, 2015
#4)I totally understand that people have to use what resources are available to them to survive. However, the sight of a dried cane rat at a food stall in Yangshuo, in southern China, was not a particularly welcome one. Being a culinary adventurer, I felt obliged to try it. What can I say? It tasted just as one would imagine a dead dried rat would taste. Let us never speak of it again. I think my Tiv babe go kill me today!

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:12pm On May 31, 2015
I am not particularly sentimental and don’t have any great issue with people eating Bingo (AKA Ekukay!) if that is what their customs dictate. For the record, the meat tastes like gamy pork. However, once I found out that the butchers like to beat the dog while it is still alive, believing that the added adrenaline in the meat will give virility to those who eat it, I made a vow never to touch it again.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:15pm On May 31, 2015
#6) In the spirit of adventure and so as not to lose face in front of a crowd of smart Japanese businesswoman(I was her houseboy), I tried these small white sacks of slimy unpleasantness in a trendy sushi bar in Kyoto. I threw up, and they laughed a great deal. Mhen Those guys dey try die!

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:20pm On May 31, 2015
#7)Butchers in the famous city of Casablanca advertise the origins of the camel meat they are selling by hanging the grinning heads of the animals outside their stands. Nearby, stalls are set up to grill your purchases for you, in kebab or sandwichform. The meat is tough and gamy. The locals seemed to like it, guys when the meat enter my mouth, I begin ask whether na skin belt dey my mouth! The meat strong die!

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:24pm On May 31, 2015
#coolLet a fertilised duck or chicken egg develop until it is embryonic. Boil it and serve with chili vinegar, and you have balut, the street food of discerning Filipinos. There is a strict etiquette to eating balut. First, sip the liquid from the shell. Next, chew the remaining contents, making sure to crack the bones for good measure, and then toss the shell on the ground. For me, the only rule is to run as fast as possible in the other direction if I am ever offered one again. Did someone just throw up on his/her phone? Na wah ooo...

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by MissEse: 2:25pm On May 31, 2015
Nigerians ate lots of leafs because of the war, I wonder what lead to these people eating poo?
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:27pm On May 31, 2015
#9)Time to fess up: I have never tried this one. Not because I have any great fear of drinking something that has passed through the digestive system of the Asian palm civet and then been collected by rummaging around in its feces, but because coffee is one of two things to which I am allergic (the other being oysters). Apparently kopi luwak is the most expensive brew on earth, so maybe I am missing something. I can learn to live with not knowing. Abeg my fellow Nairalanders, watin do lipton way I go spend my money ontop something way don pass through elephant yansh!
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:35pm On May 31, 2015
#10) Nairaland go ban me if I dear post the 10th one.... So make I omit that one....
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by ChappyChase: 2:36pm On May 31, 2015
#10) Nairaland go ban me if I dear post the 10th one.... So make I omit that one....

Cc: Lalastical
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by Menace2Society(m): 4:59pm On May 31, 2015
I fit try that Camel meat o
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by Menace2Society(m): 5:00pm On May 31, 2015
ChappyChase:

Cc: Lalastical
U can at least describe it biko
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by Vision4God: 6:00pm On May 31, 2015
every country wt his/her own lifestyle, culture, food,.... etc
God is great
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by Oblitz(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2015
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by DEIFIED(m): 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2015
They say "one man's food is another man' poison" or rather one man's yummy is another man's yuke.
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by hkidola00(m): 1:04am On Jun 04, 2015
ChappyChase:
chairman, shey na pu.ssy be d tenth one....i dey suspect
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by pretydiva(f): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ewww..pukes on thread
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by mzhyde: 6:24am On Jun 21, 2015
Hahahà, I ve heard of balut...tueh
Re: Top Ten Worst Food!! How Many Of These Of You Tasted? by Nnetriplet: 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lol, intresting

(1) (Reply)

Aganyin Sauce(ata Èwa Aganyin) Now Available In A Jar / List The Craziest Food Combinations You Have Ever Eaten. / The Best Nigerian Shawarma Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.